May 14 flight prices

foreverdreams

Earning My Ears
Out of interest how much have people paid for direct flights to mco or sfb for this May and when did you book or is there anyone that is hanging on and waiting to catch a last minute deal?

I paid £691 with virgin I booked last summer in June I believe,
This was for May 10th till June 1st! Unfortunately in jan I had to change these flights to June 17th till July 8th due to hubby's deployment duties as he doesn't finish until the 16th June " majorly gutted". But on up side June was cheaper so we're flying back PE for the same price as economy flight was.

We are going on the 30th April to 17th May, we booked with Virgin early February and paid £581 per adult for economy. It went up for a while after we booked, to around £700, but is now £575.

It is very hard to know when is a good time to give in and book, but we were happy with what we paid ::yes::

Four weeks today, so getting excited :banana::banana:

Is there any particular time that's best to book VA. Is it cheapest to book the day they are released?

We booked in Jan after waiting and waiting for the prices to come down, and eventually resigning ourselves to the fact that they weren't going to.

We are flying Manchester to MCO with Virgin 03/05 to 24/05.

We paid £595 per adult. It went up to the 700s shortly after, but I noticed that they are around £600 today.

This is the most we have paid for flights in years!

We booked in Jan after waiting and waiting for the prices to come down, and eventually resigning ourselves to the fact that they weren't going to. We are flying Manchester to MCO with Virgin 03/05 to 24/05. We paid £595 per adult. It went up to the 700s shortly after, but I noticed that they are around £600 today. This is the most we have paid for flights in years!

Thanks that's helpful. Did you look from when they were released? How much did u usually pay?

We were watching from August so not release date but from a decent amount of time out.

We normally fly BA as Virgin are usually more expensive. But this year BA have often been more than Virgin.

I don't think that we've paid more than £500 each for flights before and we have been to Orlando nearly every year since 2000.

Are people posting each way costs or return? We booked in February for May and I've paid about £900 each PE, that's all taxes and everything. I paid more for economy last August so I was okay with that. The day I booked economy was actually more expensive. I assumed a glitch.

I'm quoting return price, but we don't usually fly PE (unless it's a charter flight). And we have been travelling outside of school holiday times. But that will soon change after my son starts school in September :sad2:

Are people posting each way costs or return? We booked in February for May and I've paid about £900 each PE, that's all taxes and everything. I paid more for economy last August so I was okay with that. The day I booked economy was actually more expensive. I assumed a glitch.

Seen a few people on here where premium is cheaper than economy!

We are in the same boat as well! Last August we paid £1,200pp for economy - this year we got PE for £1,000ish. Our NY flights were only 750pp for PE!

I wouldn't reccomend booking the day they are released - the prices on release day were double what we paid a few weeks later. When we rang to query the high price with VA we were told it was because the flight was already almost full... This is the flight that was cancelled a few weeks later, I assume because there weren't enough people to fill it... :)

We are in the same boat as well! Last August we paid £1,200pp for economy - this year we got PE for £1,000ish. Our NY flights were only 750pp for PE! I wouldn't reccomend booking the day they are released - the prices on release day were double what we paid a few weeks later. When we rang to query the high price with VA we were told it was because the flight was already almost full... This is the flight that was cancelled a few weeks later, I assume because there weren't enough people to fill it... :)

Thanks good tip

Hi, we fly 20/5 - 6/6 this covers across school hols. We paid around £604 miles plus money, booked November. As I always do I've periodically checked and they haven't come down phew! I hate the flights booking gamble game

We booked several months ago. BA were coming in much cheaper than Virgin then and I also found that if you booked a hire car, the flight prices dropped even further (in effect, we have a fully insured, full size hire car for free).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter