May 14, 2012 - Va-moose-ing to Vancouver!

We stayed at a hotel near the airport when we sailed from LA in 08 and we did the Disney transportation for that. That's why I was expecting it this time. I also see on the DCL website hotels in Vancouver which doesn't really do many people any good this year!

Hello all!

I received our GTY assignment today. Did anyone else receive theirs??

I couldn't see a nearer place to buy one...
I have been on the transportation website trying to figure out the logistics of getting to and from AT&T Park for a Giants game. We really want to go but I worry about how hard it will be to get there and back.

We are also hoping to take the train into LA from Anaheim to see a Dodgers game and the logistics of that are giving me nightmares. If only we didn't love baseball so much :lmao:

We were thinking about going to the Giants game also but it starts at 7:15pm and the itinerary says the ship leaves at 11:30. What time does that mean we must be back onboard by???

We were thinking about going to the Giants game also but it starts at 7:15pm and the itinerary says the ship leaves at 11:30. What time does that mean we must be back onboard by???

I would imagine we would have to be back by 11. I figured if we left the game at 10:00 we would be back in plenty of time. The game may or may not be over at that point...

Still trying to decide. I just wish the transportation between the park and the ship was more straight forward. Decisions, decisions!

Is anyone else staying at Disneyland and heading to the ship the morning of? It seems like a lot of people prefer to stay near the port the night before.

We are staying at the HoJo until the morning of the 14th. The port is only about 40 minutes from Anaheim so I don't see any reason to cut my Disneyland time short. :)

Just booked this cruise!

We will also be at Disneyland prior to the cruise. :yay:

Is anyone else staying at Disneyland and heading to the ship the morning of? It seems like a lot of people prefer to stay near the port the night before.

Welcome Aboard!

We are staying in Disneyland until the morning of as we don't see any reason to move until we have to.

If you haven't arranged transportation yet, would either of you be up for arranging a private car/shuttle to get from Disneyland to the port together to get a group discount or something.

I wouldn't mind sharing a shuttle. There are only 2 of us and we are that Hojo's as well.

We live locally and would also be interested in sharing a shuttle to the port. There will be 3 of us. Keep us posted if there will be a meet at Disneyland too

HI everyone!

Sorry - been MIA - some not great news in my life lately and I have been running behind.

A Dismeet would be great - I will have to look through when everyone is going to be in the area.

I will be posting the info for the Secret Mickey in the next day or so so we can get going -it's coming so quickly!

Welcome to our new cruisers!

It's time! :cool1::cool1:

I want to update the first page with FE participants as well as collect SM info.

Please send me a PM if you are planning on participating in the FE. Even if you originally said yes - still send me a note. Please include the date of the cruise. I don't want to assume you are still interested and you are not. Please also confirm the stateroom number of each cabin participating.

Please note, if you have more then one cabin participating, each cabin should give out a FE gift to be fair to those who giving to each cabin.

If you wish to participate in the SM exchange, please send me the following information:

Disname
Name of person(s) participating
Cabin
Dining Early/Late
Favorite Food
Favorite Drink
Favorite Snack
Favorite Disney (or other) Character
Hobbies/Interests
Dislikes
Allergies
Celebrating?
Anything you would like your SM to know

Please do not purchase anything for your SM until you know who you have. It should be personal to them. You should have 2-3 small gifts with a final gift that will be given at the SM reveal on the last sea day. Time/Location TBA. The total cost for the SM should be in the $25-$30 range total for all gifts.

Deadline to sign up for SM and/or FE will be February 14th to provide time to everyone to make their plans. If you have any questions - please let me know.

Thank you!

DH had to change plans for this cruise due to work schedule change. Have a great time! We'll be taking our trip to Nova Scotia in July.

Here are a few pics of our crowd:

At Disneyland this past October, Sydney(5), Elizabeth(2) and Steve with Jesse
IMG_6349.jpg

At Sea World, the 4 of us:
IMG_6744.jpg

And Hailey:
Town_Cropped.jpg

Presents.jpg

All 3 girls:
Girls_Cropped.jpg

Our DD is graduating from 5th grade and we can't pull her from school. We'll be cancelling soon, stateroom #2608. Maybe next time!

We hit the magic double digit number today - 99 days to go. Not until the cruise of course but 99 days until we leave for Disneyland. And that my friends, is close enough for me.

We hit the magic double digit number today - 99 days to go. Not until the cruise of course but 99 days until we leave for Disneyland. And that my friends, is close enough for me.

Today we are 100 days from cruising! :yay:
And for me it is 95 days from going to Disneyland! And I didn't even have to win the Super Bowl! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter