May 14, 2012 - Va-moose-ing to Vancouver!

Hi Everyone,
Just checking back on this thread after being absent for a couple of weeks. Things were sure busy the last few weeks with my DD's birthday and Easter family gatherings. Now, it's back to planing planing and planing :goodvibes

Just a quick question for seasoned cruisers: I've read somewhere that you can send yourself a box to your cabin, but is that only for the east coast cruises only? Can we send a box to ourselves for this cruise? I'm thinking about sending baby things.......diapers, wipes, baby food, swim diapers, even small water toys for the splash zone. Any idea? What if our cabin gets changed although I do have a cabin right now?

This will be my first Disney cruise. It'll be the first cruise for our family of 4. I'm pregnant now with our second one, so he or she will be close to 11 months by this cruise comes around next year.

Talk to everyone soon! ;)

The Wonder is in Victoria and will arrive in Vancouver tomorrow marking the end of the repo from this year. Hopefully we will start seeing some trip reports soon so we know some of what we might expect!

Hi Everyone,
Just checking back on this thread after being absent for a couple of weeks. Things were sure busy the last few weeks with my DD's birthday and Easter family gatherings. Now, it's back to planing planing and planing :goodvibes

Just a quick question for seasoned cruisers: I've read somewhere that you can send yourself a box to your cabin, but is that only for the east coast cruises only? Can we send a box to ourselves for this cruise? I'm thinking about sending baby things.......diapers, wipes, baby food, swim diapers, even small water toys for the splash zone. Any idea? What if our cabin gets changed although I do have a cabin right now?

This will be my first Disney cruise. It'll be the first cruise for our family of 4. I'm pregnant now with our second one, so he or she will be close to 11 months by this cruise comes around next year.

Talk to everyone soon! ;)

You can send a package to LA. Call DCL and ask how to do it. We did the WB Panama Repo in 08 and had to send medical supplies for my DD and once they figured out where I was supposed to have it sent it was no problem.

We just booked this cruise. 2 staterooms. One will be wife and I, the other son, daughter in law and granddaughter...
3rd cruise fir all of us.
2010 Med cruise on Magic
2011 Crib. on Dream

We are DVC...pirate:

We just booked this cruise. 2 staterooms. One will be wife and I, the other son, daughter in law and granddaughter...
3rd cruise fir all of us.
2010 Med cruise on Magic
2011 Crib. on Dream

We are DVC...pirate:

Welcome! I am DVC as well (although am not using points for the cruise - mainly because I don't have nearly enough).

We've just booked :)

Doing B2B with Alaska. Will we need to get off the boat - we've never done b2b before!

Just hope flights from UK arent too expensive now

We've just booked :)

Doing B2B with Alaska. Will we need to get off the boat - we've never done b2b before!

Just hope flights from UK arent too expensive now

I don't know if you have to get off but I do know that they have a special line for you to reboard. There were a lot of people who did that b2b this year so check out their trip reports and see what they say.

We are DVC as well and may need to use points for the trip since we are going to have to cancel our first trip home to the Boardwalk for Christmas/New Years! It's a good thing since we will be increasing our party size in oh around January ;)

We are DVC as well and may need to use points for the trip since we are going to have to cancel our first trip home to the Boardwalk for Christmas/New Years! It's a good thing since we will be increasing our party size in oh around January ;)

Congrats! I haven't seen you post anything on FB about this! We just changed this cruise to points and will keep the Alaska one cash.

I have been MIA on these boards for a bit..have to get myself going again now that school is done for the year.

We're 90% in for the 14 May 2012 Wonder cruise. Emails have gone to the travel agent but I don't think the deposit has been made yet.

DD and I did the 2011 LA to Vancouver repo and I live in Victoria so I can provide a little bit of insider info this time around.

We loved our Pacific cruise so much we wanted to do it again. I raved about it so much that my parents decided to join us. I have never been on holiday with my parents so this will be new for us. They are even taking their first plunge with DL prior to the cruise.

Aaannnddd, to top it all off, the timing in 2012 means that DD gets to celebrate her 10th birthday on board!

Welcome lozzypop! Fantastic to have a "veteran" on board! You will have to let us know if there were things/activities/excursions that made your trip so wonderful.

And yeah for another birthday on board! I couldn't resist when I saw my mom could turn 65 on this cruise! I bet your daughter is super excited :cool1:

I'm sure your parents will have a great time!

Thanks bbangel. DD is excited - with her Mom and her grandparents going, she will totally be the centre of attention!

I can't help with and DCL excursions but I can tell you that we had a fantastic time in San Francisco, despite getting lost on the first morning.

We are really looking forward to spending some time in Vancouver too, we don't get over from the Island at all.

Congrats! I haven't seen you post anything on FB about this! We just changed this cruise to points and will keep the Alaska one cash.

I have been MIA on these boards for a bit..have to get myself going again now that school is done for the year.

I posted hidden in one of the Pirates group threads :) I haven't posted anything on my wall yet since Steve wants to wait to tell his mom and family till they come out in a couple weeks. I think she will not be happy to be the last to know by like a month! He said she'll get over that and just be happy hehe. And it's likely his only chance to tell her this news in person since the last 2 were on the phone. I'm getting sad that i won't be riding any of the fun rides at DL since we haven't been in 4 years! And then skipping WDW makes us sad as well. We'll be stuck at home for Christmas and New Years this year. BUT we'll have a new baby to introduce to Disney next year :) Starting with a cruise at like 4mo!

We're 90% in for the 14 May 2012 Wonder cruise. Emails have gone to the travel agent but I don't think the deposit has been made yet.

DD and I did the 2011 LA to Vancouver repo and I live in Victoria so I can provide a little bit of insider info this time around.

We loved our Pacific cruise so much we wanted to do it again. I raved about it so much that my parents decided to join us. I have never been on holiday with my parents so this will be new for us. They are even taking their first plunge with DL prior to the cruise.

Aaannnddd, to top it all off, the timing in 2012 means that DD gets to celebrate her 10th birthday on board!

I hope you get to join us!

I posted hidden in one of the Pirates group threads :) I haven't posted anything on my wall yet since Steve wants to wait to tell his mom and family till they come out in a couple weeks. I think she will not be happy to be the last to know by like a month! He said she'll get over that and just be happy hehe. And it's likely his only chance to tell her this news in person since the last 2 were on the phone. I'm getting sad that i won't be riding any of the fun rides at DL since we haven't been in 4 years! And then skipping WDW makes us sad as well. We'll be stuck at home for Christmas and New Years this year. BUT we'll have a new baby to introduce to Disney next year :) Starting with a cruise at like 4mo!

Wait...are you coming to DL? When? Or do you mean when you come for this cruise. If so, why wouldn't you be able to ride?

BTW - if anyone wants to use the siggie for this cruise...here it is...

vamoosing.jpg

Sized for your siggie. I will post a bigger one if you want it for your door.

BTW - if anyone wants to use the siggie for this cruise...here it is...

vamoosing.jpg

Sized for your siggie. I will post a bigger one if you want it for your door.

Wonderful! It would be great to have a bigger one for the door. Hmmm I've already collected a pile of designs for the door. May need to redecorate each day :lmao:

Hi everyone!

We booked for this cruise while on our Mexican Riviera cruise this past March. We're so excited!!

Traveling in our group: Bryce (DH), Lori (me - DW), Hannah (DD) and Emily (D-niece) and Skyler (DS).

We live in the San Francisco bay area so if anyone needs tips for the City, give a shout out and we'll share what we know.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter