May 14, 2011 - Eastbound TransAtlantic

I updated our cabin assignments. We were able to get connecting cabins. THANKS DCL you are once again fabulous!!!!! will make life so much easier with the little ones & more importantly taking care of grandma.

DISNEYDREAM2B- Kathleen-- we are neighbors now-- we will make sure the kids are quiet :) they are good sleepers!

I hope the previous occupants of 6544 got an AWESOME upgrade:wizard:!!!-- if you are a lurker out there let us know.
:woohoo:

this will be us on the cruise as well:laundy:-- only bringing clothes for 5 days. We will be the ones that you see in the same outfits throughout the cruise (although they will be clean!)

Well, my packing strategy is based on our having 20 days total as we are going to London after the trip. So I have split the trip into two 10 day segments for clothes.

In the first 10 day segment is a formal and a semi-formal. In the second segment is a formal and then a semi-formal event when we go to see Wicked in London. So that means I just have to pack two "outfits" to dress up in.

That's about as far as my strategy has gotten ;)

I never really over pack for myself...it's the two ladies I need to worry about! My daughter wants dresses every night for dinner but she also wants to go from the dining room to the kid's activities so I am trying to cut back on dresses and do more casual and hopefully cut down on the clothes overall :)

Jim

well I am all done packing for real - not I am not just keen and eager we leave for our WDW trip in just over 12 hours time. :cheer2:

so I may not get chance to get onto the board and post much before we all sail away together.

see you all onboard.

Sharon & Ian
:dance3:

I have a stack of stuff (pink boa, FE gifts not put together yet, FE, windbreaker for DH, etc.) in the corner of bedroom to be put in the suitcases which are still in the basement. That's sort of an accomplishment for me the 1am packer the night before. No rhyme or reason to my packing it always just falls together the night before. Lots of solid colors to mix n match. If clothes need to be sent off to be laundered, then so be it. I pack less if I'm crunched on time. If I would start now, I'd keep throwing this shirt and those shoes in the suitcase. :rotfl:

I relate to this, Heather!! When I pack early I overpack even more...and change my mind...and decide I need things I don't...and have to REPACK anyway! Best to wait for me too. :cool1:

well I am all done packing for real - not I am not just keen and eager we leave for our WDW trip in just over 12 hours time. :cheer2: so I may not get chance to get onto the board and post much before we all sail away together. see you all onboard.
Sharon & Ian :dance3:

Safe travels!! We are going to Disneyland for a few days next week, but suddenly feel like I have all the time in the world now, Sharon!!

well I am all done packing for real - not I am not just keen and eager we leave for our WDW trip in just over 12 hours time. :cheer2:

so I may not get chance to get onto the board and post much before we all sail away together.

see you all onboard.

Sharon & Ian
:dance3:

Lucky you. I am so ready to go. Wishing you safe travels and an awesome vacation. :cool1:

I updated our cabin assignments. We were able to get connecting cabins. THANKS DCL you are once again fabulous!!!!! will make life so much easier with the little ones & more importantly taking care of grandma.

DISNEYDREAM2B- Kathleen-- we are neighbors now-- we will make sure the kids are quiet :) they are good sleepers!

I hope the previous occupants of 6544 got an AWESOME upgrade:wizard:!!!-- if you are a lurker out there let us know.

this will be us on the cruise as well:laundy:-- only bringing clothes for 5 days. We will be the ones that you see in the same outfits throughout the cruise (although they will be clean!)

5 days of clothes for us too! Each cruise I pack for I've learned to take more and more clothes out of the suitecase, they go unused or can be washed. If you like my black shirt...just wait I'll have it on again in a few days. :rotfl2::lmao:

Hi,
We are happy to have you as neighbors! I can imagine this will be so nice for you to have connecting cabins. Look forward to meeting you soon, Kathleen and Angeline

Just wondering if all the events are closed? I am wanting to print out some of lists and want to make sure we have everyone. Especially the recipe exchange. I need to get all mine done and I don't want to come up short. Doing something a little different for everyone.

Just wondering if all the events are closed? I am wanting to print out some of lists and want to make sure we have everyone. Especially the recipe exchange. I need to get all mine done and I don't want to come up short. Doing something a little different for everyone.

Hello!
Recipe exchange organizer Barb here.

I will close this event after tonight, Thursday. Tomorrow, Friday, I will put a CLOSED on the event spreadsheet page.

PLEASE JOIN US, if you haven't yet.

See you real soon!!! :banana:

Barb

Hello!

Tonight is the last chance to sign up for the recipe exchange. :surfweb:

Participants pick a regional recipe from their home town area or their favorite personal recipe. Then put it on a recipe card, the back of a postcard, etc. Sometime during the cruise you find the card in your fish.

It's been a nice way to collect some different food ideas and it's always fun to come back to your cabin and see that your fish has been fed!

Hope you can join us!

Safe travels to all and see you real soon!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Barb

Hello!

Tonight is the last chance to sign up for the recipe exchange. :surfweb:

Participants pick a regional recipe from their home town area or their favorite personal recipe. Then put it on a recipe card, the back of a postcard, etc. Sometime during the cruise you find the card in your fish.

It's been a nice way to collect some different food ideas and it's always fun to come back to your cabin and see that your fish has been fed!

Hope you can join us!

Safe travels to all and see you real soon!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Barb
Oh just think I figured out my recipe! LOL! :banana:

I think FE 4 is still open...

CANDY SWAPS:

on the spread sheet there is a new tab for swaps 1-5 with the completed information as all those swaps are closed. I have them sorted by cabin number. I also have it as a PDF if you want it that way. (but will not have #6 on it till Sunday).

Candy Swap 6 is still open - but will close on May 1

Thanks - Krisann

Good Morning! :wave2:

The recipe exchange group is now closed with 34 participants!

DIS RECIPE EXCHANGE GROUP
34 recipe cards needed

Cabins Listed FWD to AFT

Strawberryblonde 1052 PORT
sehandiph 1078

Zippety-Doo-Dah 2012 PORT
Braysmommy 2042
jettybean 2066
thekoeppens 2100
Sharkbait 2101
Sharkbait 2103
MermaidMama 2118

Platinumcruzer 2562 STARBOARD
sbassgva 2586
njmom23grls 2607
bwcb4 2618
stsomehwere 2639

Seamour 5504 STARBOARD
Seamour 5504
(2 people)

SailingTime 6321 PORT
Krisann 6040
Krystyneb 6045
Happy Wanderers 6092
allie7 6111
Can't Wait to Cruise 6111

dylansmom 6530 STARBOARD
TxMermaid1 6564
ssgtravel 6578
turtlesmom822 6603
singlis 6604
Snowhite7 6628

Twokings 7562 STARBOARD
noticeablysubtle 7568
TxMermaid1 7596 (2 People)
TxMermaid1 7596
The Allens 7604
btrim 7606

I will have a few extra copies of this list posted at the DIS BOARD UPDATE location, cabin 6092.

PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK THE LIST FOR ME :flower3: AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON IT AND HAVE THE CORRECT CABIN NUMBER.

See you real soon!!!! :hourglass

Barb

Did anyone book the restricted fare? What
catagory/cabin did you get assigned?

Hope to book WBTA as VGT.

As soon as childcare arrangements for DGD are confirmed, I plan to book. I hope they are still being offered. I have been keeping DGD while her mother is at work since she was born, but now she is about 1 yr old and DD is planning to start her in day care so DH and I can do a little traveling.

Hi Barb

We had signed up for the recipe exchange on the events sheet. We are not on your list. I didn't know there were 2 places to sign up for it.

If it's too late, we don't have to participate. I haven't printed my cards yet...

Carol

Don't forget to sign up for cabin tours, no 2 cabins are the same, and how one person make use of the space will be different.

so please offer you cabin even if one like it is offered.

Is it time to go YET!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter