May 14, 2011 - Eastbound TransAtlantic

I did go back and look at the envelope my docs were mailed in, while DCL claimed they were mailed Friday, the postmark on the envelope was actually for Monday the 11th. Hopefully everyone's will be coming soon.

Also checked the tracking for my FE and pillowcase, shows they reached my local post office this morning. Heres hoping they get delivered today.

Also went and did a little shopping this week. Bought myself two new dresses, three skorts, two pair capri pants, along with buying my hubby one pair of new pants. Also bought myself a new pair of heels a couple weeks ago. Also bought us both a red shirt, and myself a lime green and purple shirt. Couldn't find lime green for him so far. Hope everyone's day goes well and Happy Friday everyone. Four more weeks and I will be outta here!!!!:thumbsup2

I did go back and look at the envelope my docs were mailed in, while DCL claimed they were mailed Friday, the postmark on the envelope was actually for Monday the 11th. Hopefully everyone's will be coming soon.

Also checked the tracking for my FE and pillowcase, shows they reached my local post office this morning. Heres hoping they get delivered today.

Also went and did a little shopping this week. Bought myself two new dresses, three skorts, two pair capri pants, along with buying my hubby one pair of new pants. Also bought myself a new pair of heels a couple weeks ago. Also bought us both a red shirt, and myself a lime green and purple shirt. Couldn't find lime green for him so far. Hope everyone's day goes well and Happy Friday everyone. Four more weeks and I will be outta here!!!!:thumbsup2

Just checked my envelop. It was dated the 11th, also.

We need a "like" button..lol
You sound like you shop the same way I do.... 3 for me... 1 for DH... 3 for me...1 for DH :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hope your other stuff shows up today. The way I understand it with the documents, is DCL contracts it out to someone other company. The date they gave is most likely the date the documents were printed and given to the other company. But anywhose, you have them now so it's all good! :banana:

We finally got our cruise documents today and we have been upgraded to Deck 7. We were on Deck 6 category 5c and now we are on Deck 7 category 5b.:)

No documents here yet, but we only booked a couple of weeks ago and are in England so I guess it'll take a little longer. We did get an upgrade through - much to my surprise, we booked 11BGTY and got a Deck 2 window, maybe I should buy a lottery ticket if I'm on a winning streak:-)

Is it too late to join the recipe exchange??

Barb? I chat so much on the FB page that I forget about this one.....

let me know when you check in & I'll send a pm too. :goodvibes

Hi Bev

Actually, at the moment, the recipe group doesn't have a closing date. When I asked about closing it, no one responded that they would want an ending date for participants. Since a recipe is a "non-specific gift" I just count how many people we have and then print a few more for any last minute people who join.

SO, YES!!!! Please join us!!!!

I'm not on FACEBOOK so I hope the conversation is positive about this idea! I start it for my own selfish reasons.....I LOVE to cook and like new ideas from others.

See you real soon!!!
Barb

Hi Bev

Actually, at the moment, the recipe group doesn't have a closing date. When I asked about closing it, no one responded that they would want an ending date for participants. Since a recipe is a "non-specific gift" I just count how many people we have and then print a few more for any last minute people who join.

SO, YES!!!! Please join us!!!!

I'm not on FACEBOOK so I hope the conversation is positive about this idea! I start it for my own selfish reasons.....I LOVE to cook and like new ideas from others.

See you real soon!!!
Barb

Barb- I love your avatar.

My recipes are all written out.

Barb- I love your avatar.

My recipes are all written out.

THANKS! I love my avatar too! I have a 5 X 7 picture of it on my desk at work!

It's very helpful on a hard day! :flower3:

I like that you said, "My RECIPES are all written out." As in more then one!!???? There are no rules with this group.....everyone can hand out their "BEST OF" collection if they want! The more the yummier!!!!

Barb

We chat on FB :confused3 :rotfl2:

Seriously, I forget to come on the board too. After trying to keep up to our FB page, I usually try to do a little housework and keep the house tidy :rolleyes1

Hi,
I've just booked the EBTA. I've added myself to Roll Call and am looking forward to 14 relaxing days of not working. I'm single, thirtyish, and traveling solo. I hope to meet a few of you on board.
Amy
PS Thank you for everything you guys do. I've gotten so much info from disboards.

okay for those of you who have been there, my head is hurting.

I take the cable car to the top - sounds easy enough

now how the H*LL do I get to the Cathedral and the Apes Den?
All the sites say to get off at the middle station and then follow up by saying that it is closed from April-Sept
do I walk? if so, how far is it? when I am done do I walk the rest of the way? if so how far is it? do I go back up to the top?

These questions are not rocket science, but I can not find the answer anywhere!!! so I appeal to the past cruisers.....HELP!!! :confused:

Much appreciated!!! :love:

Sarah: taking the cable car and doing the rock on your own will cost just as much by taking a cab to the cable car, the admissions, and a cab back to the ship or town. There will be LOTS of vans at the doc for hire to give you a full tour with a local english speaking drive. We did the EBTA in May 2007 and had no problem getting a van for the tour to the rock when we got off the ship. Just make sure they don't limit you to 20-30 minutes in the caves and tunnels. Do plan some time in the afternoon to walk downtown. The tour van can drop you off downtown and it's about an easy mile walk back to the ship after shopping. Hope that helps.

Sarah: taking the cable car and doing the rock on your own will cost just as much by taking a cab to the cable car, the admissions, and a cab back to the ship or town. There will be LOTS of vans at the doc for hire to give you a full tour with a local english speaking drive. We did the EBTA in May 2007 and had no problem getting a van for the tour to the rock when we got off the ship. Just make sure they don't limit you to 20-30 minutes in the caves and tunnels. Do plan some time in the afternoon to walk downtown. The tour van can drop you off downtown and it's about an easy mile walk back to the ship after shopping. Hope that helps.

so you can drive to the caves and the Den
thanks for your assistance

This is what we did too. :thumbsup2

Hi,
I've just booked the EBTA. I've added myself to Roll Call and am looking forward to 14 relaxing days of not working. I'm single, thirtyish, and traveling solo. I hope to meet a few of you on board.
Amy
PS Thank you for everything you guys do. I've gotten so much info from disboards.

I can't wait to meet you Amy! I'm single, thirtyish, and traveling solo too!!! Danielle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter