May 13.2006 Eastern

Can't W8 said:
Thanks for the link for us to check the roads. It will definately be helpful as time gets closer for those of us that are not leaving until Saturday :-(

I'm getting jealous with all this talk about everyone only having today or tomorrow to go. Next time we leave earlier.

Does anyone know, do they supply toiletries on the ship like they do in hotels? With 3 of us in a room, if I don't have to pack all that shampoo and conditioner, it would be great. Especially since the airlines have gotten so picky about the weight of the luggage.

I know i dont know but V-Man may know. All I know is that I need my own soap..LOL

T-sirgey,

I got through pick up without tears too. We have to use a car line at drop off and pick up and I didn't want to tick off everyone else waiting behind me doing an extended goodbye with the 2 teachers and director. I gave them a Thank you card and gift card each and was out of there!

DH and the boys got hair cuts and I cut the lawn yesterday evening. It was so nice skipping practice. DS8 didn't have a game either, which was a nice break.

I'm charging up my Nikon d70 (Still haven't gotten around to using more than the auto button Hooksenemy!) and gameboys. DH downloaded a few episodes of the Suite Life of Zack and Cody on our laptop for the plane ride. Our boys LOVE that show. I even catch them calling each other Zack and Cody at times. I am sure they'll have it on one of the tv channels on the cruise. They are also REALLY into High School Musical. They are Disney boys through and through!!

DS5 woke up this morning thinking we are going to the airport today. I have to have him play a little while I pack. Otherwise he'll be adding everthing except his clothes! It's so nice having the full day to pack up. I'm all caught up with my work except to leave an "out of office" reply on email and voice mail !!! DS8 did not want to go to school today because he is so excited to be heading to Disney. I can only imagine if they knew we were cruising!

DS8's teacher called yesterday to let me know she was only giving him this week's missed work (tomorrow afternoon, Thursday and Friday) and he can make up the rest later. Sounds good to me! I'm sure he'll have a good few hours with just those days. His 3rd grade/Elementary School graduation party (he goes to intermediate school next year) is the day we fly back. Never a dull moment!

I think we are going to wrap up our boarding tickets and have ds8 unwrap them when we are going to "look" at the Magic in dock at Port Canaveral. DH is going to drop me and the boys off and pick up my parents at their hotel. They are leaving their car in parking there and I guess their hotel doesn't have a shuttle.

Yesterday DS8 was notified he won an award for raising the most money for the York County literacy campaign and got tickets to an Orioles game and a pass to meet a player....it's this Friday. He's so bummed he can't make it, but hopefully he'll forget all about it once he gets on that plane tomorrow.

Only one paperchain link is left taped to our playroom wall!

We have another overcast, dreary and windy day here today...high in the mid 60's. I'll be so glad to see a blue sky tomorrow afternoon! Accuweather says Orlando will have a high of 92! We have to remember to bring our misting fans!! Saturday is predicted to be mostly sunny and a high of 86 degrees.

I better run and go get my Zyrtec refilled. I thought I had tons and have 3 pills left. My throat and eyes are burning and itchy (cutting the grass didn't help!) and I don't want them even worse in Florida!

Nuts4dzny-I hope you are feeling better soon.

See you all in a couple of days!

I just checked the weather for the Orlando area, and it looks as if they are supposed to have showers from now till Friday, maybe that will help with the fires and the road closings party: . I almost forgot to mention it looks sunny and 86 for Saturday.

nutz4dzny said:
Someone from the cruise line just got in touch with us about getting another ressie for Palo and our Brunch. We have the Romance Package and we were not able to book Palo's. We got shut out! Well they took care of of! Thank goodness. I was willing to CA the plan but they came through. Please anyone put me on your prayer list my back has REALLY started to act up and I am unable to move without servere pain. I know I overdid some things like packing but it had to be done. I Know I have a few day to recoop but any prayers will be appreciated. I went to bed in tears the last 2 nights. So I am looking forward to a relaxing time. I can't wait to meet you guys. See you soon!

Renee, Ray, Brian, Michelle and Sarah :cool1:

I'll be praying for you. I come from a long line of people with back problems so I feel for you.

I love the grandparent names, mom mom and pop pop how cute! Okay you'll get a real kick out of my mom's grandma name for our girls. It's Harmony. :lmao: That's the korean name for grandma. So it's so funny because people ask my girls if their going to grandmas and they get this really confused look on their face. Like Who's grandma? :confused3 :rotfl2: They have only ever known my mom as Harmony and DH's mom died before they were born.

Man those season finales are killing me! They really know how to make it a cliffhanger don't they? Ghost Whisperer is DH's and I favorite and we were just in shock at the end of that one. We actually went and rewatched it to see it in a different perspective since we knew the ending. :eek:

The girls teacher said they don't have to do make up work :woohoo: all they have to do is keep a journal of their daily events. I think I was more relieved than the girls!

DH was able to take off Thursday as well, so tomorrows his last day of work. Starting tonight my busy week starts with ballet rehearsal for DD8, and then tomorrow get's busy, and Thursday is just a marathon of events all leading up to FRIDAY!!!! YEAHH!!!! :banana:

All the girls are so cute! I'm so looking forward to my girls meeting everyone elses children. This vacation is going to be a BLAST! :cool1:

Since Larry(mommom&popop0304) just signed up yesterday on the DIS, I told him I would post a pic for him and my sis. This photo was also taken after opening night of Angelina's high school musical this past March. In the photo is my Dsis Vicki on the left, Angelina in the middle, and DBIL Larry on the right.

AngelinasfirstHighSchholMusical-8.jpg

Verandah Man said:
Since Larry(mommom&popop0304) just signed up yesterday on the DIS, I told him I would post a pic for him and my sis. This photo was also taken after opening night of Angelina's high school musical this past March. In the photo is my Dsis Vicki on the left, Angelina in the middle, and DBIL Larry on the right.

AngelinasfirstHighSchholMusical-8.jpg

Thanks V-Man but i should have sent you a better pic of me...Eric shaved my head just last night LOL just kidding. by the way everyone...My niece Angelina here will someday be in the hollywood lights so keep looking to hear her name.

I just received an e-mail from the Radisson a few minutes ago, the weather for Thur, Fri and Sat for the port area is attached below:

Thursday, May. 11 Cloudy. Warm. 89°/69°F

Friday, May. 12 Partly cloudy. Warm. 85°/68°F

Saturday, May. 13 Scattered clouds. Warm. 82°/65°F

Hi Ragdoll, it looks like you and I will be bringing up the rear. What time will your flight land? Ours will be coming in at 10:30 so we weren't too worried until we found out about the fires. I'd feel better if we could be at the Port Friday night. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get there before the ship sails.

Good afternoon everyone
We are leaving Sat morning as well. We leave Michigan at 7:00am and we arrive in Orlando at 9:30am. Should have plenty of time getting to the ship. We are using Tiffany, so hopefully they will have everything under control and get us there without too much trouble. This is what they do, so we hope they have a clue and a plan. Would have loved to leave Friday, but this is it for hubby's vacation time until he retires in Aug. Then our time will be ours.
We can smell the sea breeze here, too.

Linda

Can't W8, our flight gets in at noon. I'm sure the DCL bus driver will know the best way to the port if the main road is shut down. I'm just glad that DH and I don't have to worry about it.

Okay Teri & Eric..get the girls ready get michele & greg on the phone, pick up Mom & I and lets get going i can't wait ....ROFL I am serious!

Hope your feeling better Nutz.... If had slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night I would give you some advice :lmao:

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts and prayers. They worked! I am feeling much better and today i just took it easy all day. My DS is having college finals all week. Thursday is his last one and we leave for WDW on Friday morning at 7 am! I can't wait. My DH said the change in weatehr will be good for me and he said I can look forward to relaxing on this cruise. I do have 3 Spa treatments planned. I for just me and 2 couple treatments. I am looking forward to those. All the packing is done. Thank goodness! What a chore that was especially when your not feeling well.

When I spoke to the lady from the DCL she said it was 90 degrees yesterday.

Now all I have to do is last minute banking and bill paying and then vacation time!

See everyone soon,

Nutz4dzny

My vacation officially starts in "24 Hours!!!!!!!!!"

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo pumped!!!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :yay: :woohoo:

We printed off our Southwest boarding passes for tomorrow's flight!

We still need to pack more than half our cruise stuff. We've completed everything else we needed to do though.

I just used the online check-in for the Radisson. I received an e-mail from them earlier today and took advantage of the online check-in. By this time tomorrow, I will also have us checked in with Southwest for our Thursday 5:25pm flight.

I just received an e-mail about the Hockey games, it's not good news I'm afraid, here is the reply:

Andy,

Bad News - No hockey playoffs onboard next week. I've checked with Entertainment and it is not possible due to the limited distribution channels and broadcast licensing requirements.

George

I'm keeping busy this evening.....I just printed off our "thank you" notes for our serving staff and room host, plus I printed a few more for those extra special CM's that go above and beyond the call of duty!!! :goodvibes

Andy, I am beyond jealous! In approx. 40 hours from now we will be at our hotel, and hopefully sipping a ice cold beer poolside while the kids take a late night swim - We will be off to do WDW - Commando Style Thanks for checking on the hockey.

Stay safe, looking forward to the fun onboard

Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter