• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

may 12, 2012 7 Night Western on the Fantasy

It's good to see so much activity in here!

I'm trying to convince my family to do the ruins in Cozumel, but so far no luck :confused3

The rainforest room is definitely on my schedule - I did it last year on the Dream and I've been dying for a return trip

OH YAY! :cool1: I have been wondering who has done the Rainforest room on the Dream! Have you done the one on the Magic? I hear that it's VERY different and people had complaints about the new design. So, you loved it?

The one on the Magic was my FAVORITE spot on the ship. I suffer from motion sickness, and even though I tried just about every remedy out there - it took me a solid 2 days to feel OK on the ship and the Rainforest room was the only place that made me feel better. It was always completely empty and I fell asleep in there for like an hour one day. :laughing:

I have been worried since reading the negative reviews of the Dream's layout that I wouldn't enjoy it as much. What can you tell me about it? And do you have any pics?

Thanks so much for anything!

I would say that it was about a hour and half maybe a little more. When you get to the area the trainers teach you signs to tell the dolphins, so when you get in the water you do the signs and they respond to you. The signs were we held it like a baby, danced with it, held our hand out and they touched it, they kissed our check, then we kissed them, then you go out in the pod and you ride its belly while holding its fins, and the last thing you do is you get on a bogey board and they push you by your foot. Then you can buy all your photos on a cd for $100 (you do not have to buy it they just offer it). All I have to say I was very pleased with my experience it was so amazing. You can friend me on facebook I have pictures on there if you would like to see them.

OK! Great! What is your name on Facebook? Mine is Heather Rastetter Kaminski. Are you in the Western Caribbean Group over there?

$100 seems like a lot, but if they take a lot of pictures I guess it might be worth it. Are they very strict with bringing your own water camera with you?

Isn't the ship coming from Germany as well?; perhaps you could hop on board now :rotfl:

What a wonderful way to spend your anniversary :lovestruc

I've spent most of the weekend trying to plan what we would like to do; it's so hard to narrow it down!

We are thinking of trying to book the following excursions:

Snorkeling in Grand Cayman, Bike & Kayak in Costa Maya and the Highlights & Mayan Ruins tour in Cozumel

I really want to try and get a Paolo brunch and Remy dinner but I guess that these are hard to get reservations :confused3

Joining in on your happy dance, we have paid in full as well :cool1:

Thanks for the info, sounds like a wonderful experience :goodvibes

That sounds like exactly what I would like to do for excursions! I think due to finances, we may have to choose only one - MAYBE two. ;)

I also was looking at the ziplining, it seems like SO much fun and I have been trying to lose weight for this trip, so it seems like a nice "reward"

But, I hear that the Adventure Park excursion in Cozumel is horrible, and Costa Maya is too new for anyone to have reviews of the Biomaya Canapy tour :guilty:

Luckily we still have time. :goodvibes

I saw that! It is starting to feel real now! :woohoo:

Lots of fun discussions! And I see lots of new names too! Please check to make sure you are on the list, and if not, just post with your names, ages (optional), and if you want to do the FE. I am the master keeper of the list and I'll make sure it gets updated on page 8.
Thanks!
Michelle

List as of 1/09/2012
Deck 2
- Cabin 2006, luvdis31, Amber (36), Rob (39 disname Rob_b), Sydney (DD 3), yes to FE
- Cabin 2010, annrae, Barb and Ken, yes to FE
Deck 5
- Cabin 5150, chrisrunty, Christine, Khan, Carson (DS 6), yes to FE
Deck 6
- Cabin 6536, sasmmb, Michelle (mid-40's) and Brad (ditto), yes to FE
Deck 7
- Cabin 7064, ashbobash26, Ashley (28), mom and sister(25), yes to FE
- Cabin 7584, SaintLouie, Amanda (32) and Carrie (33), yes to FE
Deck 8
- Cabin 8520, mmcreynolds, Nathan, Meggan, Jaycee (age 4), Jett (age 2), yes to FE
- Cabin 8186, Rai's Mommy, Erin (34), Raianne (12), yes to FE
- Cabin 8500, rocknspots, John (61), Jackie, no to FE
Deck 10
- Cabin 10656, Linda67, Linda and DH, TBD on FE
Unknown Deck
- rusafee1183, Heather and Bob, no to FE
- DreaMer2625, Jeannette, Teresa, and Carol (their mom), no for FE

Lots of fun discussions! And I see lots of new names too! Please check to make sure you are on the list, and if not, just post with your names, ages (optional), and if you want to do the FE. I am the master keeper of the list and I'll make sure it gets updated on page 8.
Thanks!
Michelle

List as of 1/09/2012
Deck 2
- Cabin 2006, luvdis31, Amber (36), Rob (39 disname Rob_b), Sydney (DD 3), yes to FE
- Cabin 2010, annrae, Barb and Ken, yes to FE
Deck 5
- Cabin 5150, chrisrunty, Christine, Khan, Carson (DS 6), yes to FE
Deck 6
- Cabin 6536, sasmmb, Michelle (mid-40's) and Brad (ditto), yes to FE
Deck 7
- Cabin 7064, ashbobash26, Ashley (28), mom and sister(25), yes to FE
- Cabin 7584, SaintLouie, Amanda (32) and Carrie (33), yes to FE
Deck 8
- Cabin 8520, mmcreynolds, Nathan, Meggan, Jaycee (age 4), Jett (age 2), yes to FE
- Cabin 8186, Rai's Mommy, Erin (34), Raianne (12), yes to FE
- Cabin 8500, rocknspots, John (61), Jackie, no to FE
Deck 10
- Cabin 10656, Linda67, Linda and DH, TBD on FE
Unknown Deck
- rusafee1183, Heather and Bob, no to FE
- DreaMer2625, Jeannette, Teresa, and Carol (their mom), no for FE

Sorry! I meant to say earlier that my cabin number is 5168 :banana: It looks like Christine's family and I will be neighbors. :goodvibes

I am not doing the FE, but we always have a lot of fun decorating our door. I'm excited to make new magnets this year! Everyone should come check it out if you're in the area. :cool1:

Sorry! I meant to say earlier that my cabin number is 5168 :banana: It looks like Christine's family and I will be neighbors. :goodvibes

I am not doing the FE, but we always have a lot of fun decorating our door. I'm excited to make new magnets this year! Everyone should come check it out if you're in the area. :cool1:
Yay for neighbors! I too love the rainforest on the Magic/Wonder (best deal on the ship) excited to see the Fantasy. We have one of those rooms which after the fact changed the category because of the giant varandah. (that is why I wanted that room). We love to decorate our door too. Those magnetic sheets are just awesome!

We are big Disney fans. DH and I have been together 18 years, (since I was 5 :laughing:) kidding... We got married at Disney World and took our honeymoon on our first Disney cruise. We've been to Disneyland and Disney World too many times to count. This will be our 6th Disney cruise. We've done Bahamas, eastern Carribean, Mediterrean, and recently Mexican Riviera twice. This will be a new ship and a new itinerary for us. We are in Seattle so it's been a few years since we've been to port canaveral. (pre kid) Sooooooo excited! :goodvibes we have a 3 year old son (his 3rd cruise) and our Disney vacations seem to be increasing :lmao: He talks about the "Mickey Ship" almost daily.

It's good to see so much activity in here!

OH YAY! :cool1: I have been wondering who has done the Rainforest room on the Dream! Have you done the one on the Magic? I hear that it's VERY different and people had complaints about the new design. So, you loved it?

The one on the Magic was my FAVORITE spot on the ship. I suffer from motion sickness, and even though I tried just about every remedy out there - it took me a solid 2 days to feel OK on the ship and the Rainforest room was the only place that made me feel better. It was always completely empty and I fell asleep in there for like an hour one day. :laughing:

I have been worried since reading the negative reviews of the Dream's layout that I wouldn't enjoy it as much. What can you tell me about it? And do you have any pics?

Thanks so much for anything!

The Dream was our first family cruise so I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing all the other Rainforest Room's yet (def on the list for future sailings though :thumbsup2 )

No pictures to offer, but I'll try to paint a picture - WARNING: i'm no artist.

When you walk in there is a counter offering water infused with either cucumber or lemons :-)love: to the cucumber water - so refreshing after being in the sauna) to the left there are the hydro-aromatic showers (4 in total) each with a different theme - rainforest, water fun, tropical thunder, and cool mist experience.

Right next to them are the three saunas with varying degrees of humidity (the hardest one to sit through was the one in the middle - think of the most humid, muggy place to be in August and triple it; shallow breathing recommended) I rarely found anyone in the saunas - everyone was too busy with the AquaDuck :banana:

Back in the main entrance if you head straight there is the area with the eight heated stone reclined benches and the two hot-tubs all of which lookout onto the water and whatever incredible port you currently are - this area is usually the most crowded. The best time to get a bench is if you get back early from one of the ports.

Hope this helps :woohoo:

The Dream was our first family cruise so I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing all the other Rainforest Room's yet (def on the list for future sailings though :thumbsup2 )

No pictures to offer, but I'll try to paint a picture - WARNING: i'm no artist.

When you walk in there is a counter offering water infused with either cucumber or lemons :-)love: to the cucumber water - so refreshing after being in the sauna) to the left there are the hydro-aromatic showers (4 in total) each with a different theme - rainforest, water fun, tropical thunder, and cool mist experience.

Right next to them are the three saunas with varying degrees of humidity (the hardest one to sit through was the one in the middle - think of the most humid, muggy place to be in August and triple it; shallow breathing recommended) I rarely found anyone in the saunas - everyone was too busy with the AquaDuck :banana:

Back in the main entrance if you head straight there is the area with the eight heated stone reclined benches and the two hot-tubs all of which lookout onto the water and whatever incredible port you currently are - this area is usually the most crowded. The best time to get a bench is if you get back early from one of the ports.

Hope this helps :woohoo:

:lmao: Your artistic abilities were just fine!

One last question. Last one, I swear. :flower3: That seems like it's pretty much out in the open. Did it feel private enough when you were in the steam rooms, or on the loungers? I always felt like I was the only one around in the spa on the Magic. They played the most amazing and peaceful music and they had a fountain in the middle of the room that you could barely hear the 'tinkling' of the water. It was so peaceful and amazing. I just hope that this one is as serene. :cloud9:

:lmao: Your artistic abilities were just fine!

One last question. Last one, I swear. :flower3: That seems like it's pretty much out in the open. Did it feel private enough when you were in the steam rooms, or on the loungers? I always felt like I was the only one around in the spa on the Magic. They played the most amazing and peaceful music and they had a fountain in the middle of the room that you could barely hear the 'tinkling' of the water. It was so peaceful and amazing. I just hope that this one is as serene. :cloud9:

The steam rooms always felt private - one of them actually has a window wall on one side so you can look out over the water.

The benches aren't around a fountain :sad1: but they share the same view as the hot tub area - the two are separated by a glass wall/door system. In the area where the hot tubs are the top part is over the water (think covered balcony with an open window ledge) so you can get the breeze off the water and hear the waves - this was probably one of my favorite parts. I don't remember if there was any music in the background though......

Finally figured out what I'm going to do for the FE gifts! :cool1:

Also, we have convinced my MIL and SIL to come with us! They are on guarantee status right now...which we also go put on as well when we changed our category (so mod...our room number will change....again!)

SIL and MIL are:

Sheila(50)
Ariel(20)
Cabin #: TBA
FE: TBA

Also, has anyone done the turtle farm excursion? We're looking into it since it might be fun for the kiddies :)

I accidently removed myself from the Facebook group :( I sent another request. We're almost to the 4 month mark!!

:banana:

I love that your SILs name is Arial :-)

I also found out last night that my FIL and nephew (11) and niece (7) will be joining us on the cruise! Yay!
Michelle

Hehehe, she was named by her older sister who LOVED Little Mermaid at the time :)

So....anyone up for planning that girl's champagne? :rolleyes1

The steam rooms always felt private - one of them actually has a window wall on one side so you can look out over the water.

The benches aren't around a fountain :sad1: but they share the same view as the hot tub area - the two are separated by a glass wall/door system. In the area where the hot tubs are the top part is over the water (think covered balcony with an open window ledge) so you can get the breeze off the water and hear the waves - this was probably one of my favorite parts. I don't remember if there was any music in the background though......

Thanks so much for all of the info! I'm sure I will love it! I am just worrying about little things at this point. I need to stop and just relax and enjoy everything. :cloud9:

Also, has anyone done the turtle farm excursion? We're looking into it since it might be fun for the kiddies :)

I have a good friend that did the turtle farm last Nov and she really loved it.
It was one of her favorite things that she did on her cruise!

BUT -

She did say that one thing she didn't like was that they showed you these cute little turtles and you played with them and got to hold them and love them.

But, then the people working there would try and push people to go to the restaurant next door that served.... guess what..... turtle :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I am a person who will taste most anything once, but no way can I hold a cute little animal and then go and eat it! :sad:

If you can shield the kids from that part, I think that it would worth it.

Oh yeah! ALSO -

4 MONTHS FROM TODAY IT WILL BE MY BIRTHDAY AND I WILL BE ON A PLANE TO WDW!!!

:banana::woohoo::dance3::yay::banana::yay::woohoo::dance3:

I think we decided on our excursions too!

Grand Cayman - On our own. Probably cab to a beach
Costa Maya - Bike and Kayak tour
Cozumel - Secret River and Playa del Carmen
Castaway Cay - sit and drink coctails on Serenity Bay
:cloud9::beach::cloud9::beach::cloud9::beach:
This is my favorite island ever. I can't wait to be back!!!! :lovestruc

Thanks so much for all of the info! I'm sure I will love it! I am just worrying about little things at this point. I need to stop and just relax and enjoy everything. :cloud9:

I have a good friend that did the turtle farm last Nov and she really loved it.
It was one of her favorite things that she did on her cruise!

BUT -

She did say that one thing she didn't like was that they showed you these cute little turtles and you played with them and got to hold them and love them.

But, then the people working there would try and push people to go to the restaurant next door that served.... guess what..... turtle :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I am a person who will taste most anything once, but no way can I hold a cute little animal and then go and eat it! :sad:

If you can shield the kids from that part, I think that it would worth it.

:surfweb: *Spits coffee*

What in the world?! Serving turtle after letting you hold a cute little turtle! :confused3

That's definitely something I would have to shield my daughter from, she has a really big heart and I think she'd be heartbroken after that experience!

We were thinking about doing the secret river too...I wonder if Nana knows that's why we invited her to come along :rotfl: lol

:surfweb: *Spits coffee*

What in the world?! Serving turtle after letting you hold a cute little turtle! :confused3

That's definitely something I would have to shield my daughter from, she has a really big heart and I think she'd be heartbroken after that experience!

We were thinking about doing the secret river too...I wonder if Nana knows that's why we invited her to come along :rotfl: lol

:rotfl: RIGHT?!!?

I am the biggest bleeding heart EVER. My friend Jenn (the one who did this excursion) said "Well, I really liked it... but you would hate it. I don't even know if I want to tell you why you will hate it" :laughing:

And I was having a hard time finding out any info on the excursions on the Dis, so I just joined cruise critics and started scanning their message boards for any recommendations. Everyone RAVED about the Secret River!! I have been going back and forth between Xel Ha, Fury Catamaran and Secret River - but after seeing the amazing reviews I decided to bite the bullet and do it :goodvibes

Ashley - I looked at the pics on Facebook and they look amazing!

I think I have to pass on the dolphin excursions this time though :sad1:

I also may have to pass on the bike and kayak tour in Costa Maya and just kind of wing it that day. I was doing some research and found some info on places to go to and it seems like it will be a lot cheaper to do that port on my own. Especially since we are only there a few hours.

Man, does anyone else find the Disney cruise website as annoying as I do? I hate going to the excursions page, selecting "view all", clicking on the details for an excursion, hitting the back key, only to have it revert to "page 1 of 3".

Anyone know a way around that?
Thanks!
Michelle

Man, does anyone else find the Disney cruise website as annoying as I do? I hate going to the excursions page, selecting "view all", clicking on the details for an excursion, hitting the back key, only to have it revert to "page 1 of 3".

Anyone know a way around that?
Thanks!
Michelle

I usually right click on the link and open it up in a new tab or window - that way when you're done checking out the info you just close out and don't have to fight the website :thumbsup2:

It looks like they took some pictures during the float out last weekend - so far it looks great (loving the big fountain they added to the adult area). Seeing this after work on Friday was a great way to end the week :cloud9:

Here's the link (credit to the disney blog) http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/a-first-look-at-the-disney-fantasy-after-float-out/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter