• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

may 12, 2012 7 Night Western on the Fantasy

Welcome Linda, Jackie, and Erin!!!

Jackie, let me know if you are wanting to participate in the FE gift exchange.
Linda, I totally get your luggage/packing/space dilemma. On our last cruise we really enjoyed the postcards/pins/other trinkets people picked up in ports and gave during the cruise. That cuts down on what you need to bring over. Of course, you'll get gifts which means a challenge packing for the trip home, but what fun is life without challenges (and gifts!)? :)

Welcome Linda, Jackie, and Erin!!!

Jackie, let me know if you are wanting to participate in the FE gift exchange.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Don't think we'll do FE. Sorry. Will there be a Champagne Girls get together? I'd be interested in that! :thumbsup2

Jackie

We paid off our cruise today!!! The kids are getting so excited, DD's favorite character is Donald and she is just about to pop talking about seeing him! :banana:

Helloooo! We would like to participate in the FE. They are so much fun! :cool1: it will be Me, DH, and our 3 year old son. It's our 6th Disney cruise and our son's 3rd. :thumbsup2 We are sooo excited, our 3 year old talks about "the Mickey Ship" almost daily. (our last one was in October) we have room 5150 with the ginormous varandah.

Christine, Khan, and Carson. :flower3:

Helloooo! We would like to participate in the FE. They are so much fun! :cool1: it will be Me, DH, and our 3 year old son. It's our 6th Disney cruise and our son's 3rd. :thumbsup2 We are sooo excited, our 3 year old talks about "the Mickey Ship" almost daily. (our last one was in October) we have room 5150 with the ginormous varandah.

Christine, Khan, and Carson. :flower3:

Welcome aboard! I have you on the list!

Hey everyone
Just checking in to say 'hi' :goodvibes
I am spending a very lazy Saturday afternoon in chilly England doing a bit or research for this cruise
Has anyone been on a Western Caribbean Cruise before?
It's totally new to us and I am trying to work out if there are any excursions we should book
Any tips and pointers would be great :thumbsup2
Not too long now folks :cool1:

Linda67, we're flying from Germany for the cruise! :) We're looking at doing the Mayan Ruins at Costa Maya and possibly the push/pull with the dolphins. Is it May yet?! :goodvibes

Hello everyone. Time to get focused on the cruise.

DW and myself will be with you on this trip celebrating our 20th anniversary. :cool1: Just the 2 of us with no children. :banana:

We will skip the FE this time, but look forward to the excitement building up to the cruise. This one will be our second and the first 7 night cruise. We did a 3 night in 2010 and it was way too short.

Hey all. :goodvibes

What extras are people planning on doing on the cruise?

I am thinking we will do Palo for brunch, 1 excursion - probably on Cozumel.. it always seems like there is ONE port I want to do every excursion and then I can't decide. Nothing really looks appealing to me on Grand Cayman or Costa Maya. And then I'll probably book the rainforest room package. I love the rainforest room on the magic, so if it looks good on the Fantasy I will do it there too. I think it's the most relaxing spot on the ship. :lovestruc

Fatman doing the happy dance. We paid off our cruise yesterday. Come on January 28th so that we can begin check in and look to book excursions.

Yikes. Everyone keeps paying off their cruises. I'm getting nervous now... Mine still feels like I owe A L-O-T.

:scared1:

Congrats to everyone for getting one step closer though!

I am thinking we will do Palo for brunch, 1 excursion - probably on Cozumel.. it always seems like there is ONE port I want to do every excursion and then I can't decide. Nothing really looks appealing to me on Grand Cayman or Costa Maya. And then I'll probably book the rainforest room package. I love the rainforest room on the magic, so if it looks good on the Fantasy I will do it there too. I think it's the most relaxing spot on the ship. :lovestruc

I think we're going to do one of the Mayan Ruins tour, not sure whether we're doing the one at Costa Maya or at Cozumel. We're for sure doing the turtle farm! I'd really like to do one of the adventure packages, the zip lines look super fun! I'm hoping to book the rainforest package as well. What I do know for sure is that the excitement in this house is getting greater every day! :banana:

Hey everyone
Just checking in to say 'hi' :goodvibes
I am spending a very lazy Saturday afternoon in chilly England doing a bit or research for this cruise
Has anyone been on a Western Caribbean Cruise before?
It's totally new to us and I am trying to work out if there are any excursions we should book
Any tips and pointers would be great :thumbsup2
Not too long now folks :cool1:

Last year my sister and I did the push and pull in Cozumel and it was awesome. You get access to the beach after your swim with the dolphins for free. You go in groups of about six at a time. We had a such a ball doing this one we are talking about doing it again.

Last year my sister and I did the push and pull in Cozumel and it was awesome. You get access to the beach after your swim with the dolphins for free. You go in groups of about six at a time. We had a such a ball doing this one we are talking about doing it again.

Did you feel like you got enough time with the dolphins? I am afraid of paying all that money and then getting just a few minutes. You know?

It's good that you said it's only groups of 6. I have heard of huge groups, and I feel like it would be easy to get lost in the group and feel ripped off.

I'm trying to convince my family to do the ruins in Cozumel, but so far no luck :confused3

The rainforest room is definitely on my schedule - I did it last year on the Dream and I've been dying for a return trip

Did you feel like you got enough time with the dolphins? I am afraid of paying all that money and then getting just a few minutes. You know?

It's good that you said it's only groups of 6. I have heard of huge groups, and I feel like it would be easy to get lost in the group and feel ripped off.

I would say that it was about a hour and half maybe a little more. When you get to the area the trainers teach you signs to tell the dolphins, so when you get in the water you do the signs and they respond to you. The signs were we held it like a baby, danced with it, held our hand out and they touched it, they kissed our check, then we kissed them, then you go out in the pod and you ride its belly while holding its fins, and the last thing you do is you get on a bogey board and they push you by your foot. Then you can buy all your photos on a cd for $100 (you do not have to buy it they just offer it). All I have to say I was very pleased with my experience it was so amazing. You can friend me on facebook I have pictures on there if you would like to see them.

Linda67, we're flying from Germany for the cruise! :) We're looking at doing the Mayan Ruins at Costa Maya and possibly the push/pull with the dolphins. Is it May yet?! :goodvibes

Isn't the ship coming from Germany as well?; perhaps you could hop on board now :rotfl:

Hello everyone. Time to get focused on the cruise.

DW and myself will be with you on this trip celebrating our 20th anniversary. :cool1: Just the 2 of us with no children. :banana:

We will skip the FE this time, but look forward to the excitement building up to the cruise. This one will be our second and the first 7 night cruise. We did a 3 night in 2010 and it was way too short.

What a wonderful way to spend your anniversary :lovestruc

I've spent most of the weekend trying to plan what we would like to do; it's so hard to narrow it down!

We are thinking of trying to book the following excursions:

Snorkeling in Grand Cayman, Bike & Kayak in Costa Maya and the Highlights & Mayan Ruins tour in Cozumel

I really want to try and get a Paolo brunch and Remy dinner but I guess that these are hard to get reservations :confused3

Fatman doing the happy dance. We paid off our cruise yesterday. Come on January 28th so that we can begin check in and look to book excursions.

Joining in on your happy dance, we have paid in full as well :cool1:

Thanks for the info, sounds like a wonderful experience :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter