May 10, 2012 3 Night Bahamian Dream Cruise

jship210

DIS Veteran
:goodvibes Starting Thread For the May 10th Dream Cruise! DW wanted somewhere nice to spend her birthday, what better than Castaway Cay! The Only boat that fits the schedule is the Dream! :cool1:

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Hi! I'll be joining you for this cruise. I've only been on one so far (3-night Wonder to the Bahamas), but number two, three, four and five are booked! Guess you could say I enjoyed that first cruise.... :rotfl2: I'm doing the Westbound Transatlantic in September, this one is a B2B (with 5/13 cruise) and I'll be on the Fantasy in October.

Hi! I'll be joining you for this cruise. I've only been on one so far (3-night Wonder to the Bahamas), but number two, three, four and five are booked! Guess you could say I enjoyed that first cruise.... :rotfl2: I'm doing the Westbound Transatlantic in September, this one is a B2B (with 5/13 cruise) and I'll be on the Fantasy in October.

:rockband:party::welcome:party:

Hi! We're packing for this weeks Alaskan Adventure on the Wonder! :banana:

Then it's cold turkey until May '12 :confused3

We'll be on this cruise as well! I'm sailing with my dad and my friend. This'll be my dad's 2nd, my friend's 1st, and my 4th Disney Cruise! So excited to be sailing on the Dream again :D

This will be our second cruise- our 1st will be the March 17 Magic to the Caribbean. This one we have family joining us...
Me, hubby, twin girls (6) Maddy and Emma, youngest girl Cora (4). We can't wait! Would like to do the fish extender and are planning on surprising our family members with FE's as well!

I'm interested in doing the fish extender, as well. Since this is our first DCL cruise, I really don't know much about it other than it's like Secret Santa (?), but it looks like so much fun!

May 10, 2012 can't get here soon enough! We will be going on the Dream to celebrate Mother's Day! :banana: It will be me, my DH, and our DS who will be 11! :dance3: We may do a few days at the Polynesian Resort first. We have done that every year since our son was born. He was 6 months old that 1st Mother's Day. We went on the Dream Feb., 2011! The aquaduct was awesome and Wow, the service was fantastic all over the Ship!:cheer2:

We went on the Dream Feb., 2011 for my birthday! My DH surprised me with the cruise!! We were on Castaway Cay on my actual birthday!:bday: What a way to spend the day! Your DH made a good choice!:cheer2:

Just booked my wife and I for this cruise. We will celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary on the third night. This trip is actually two years in the making: we skipped going on our 15th anniversary in order to wait for the Dream, and then had to cancel our planned cruise for this past May. This time we are locked in and ready to go! :banana:

I've got a group of 13 together to help me celebrate my 40th! I want to be on the aqua duck on my b-day! any advice? I wanted to make hydration bottles for my group with B-day labels. will disney lets us use them on the boat? what is the "fish thing" anyway??

I heard somewhere that while on the ship you can book another vacation at a really great price....anyone find that to be true??

Hi Nicbar,
I'm a first timer - but from what I understand from reading threads here on the DIS, a fish extender is a long piece of fabric with pockets on it, sort of like a shoe organizer. It's usually hand made, but people can buy them on etsy and e-bay. It is hung on a fish shaped hook outside your stateroom door. People arrange via their cruise meet thread to give little gifts to eachother during the cruise - they are put into the pockets of the fish extender. If there are 10 staterooms participating, then you would bring ten little gifts so each of the rooms would get one. You can do just one gift over the course of the cruise or some people bring something for each night, although I'm not sure how long it takes to go around and deliver everything, so every night may be a little much!
I'm definitely interested in participating, if there are others here that would like to also. My kids would get a big kick out of it!! :)

Will someone be starting a FE list? I'm not sure if there is someone else who organizes the list...
Anyone thinking about excursions yet for the Bahamas?

Hi jenthron,
I don't know who starts the list. I think it would be one of us here on this thread. I see you have little ones, too! I think the kids will love it!:) I really hope we do it!
As far as the Bahamas goes, I'm really leaning toward not getting off the ship. I'm thinking that there is just so much to do and we don't really have alot of time. DH and I have been to Nassau before, so I'm not worried about missing anything. I'm much more excited about exploring and trying everything out on the ship!:cool1: Can't wait!!! I just ordered the cruise DVD, so that should be fun to watch with the kids. DD doesn't quite comprehend that it will be like a floating hotel. She is used to riding on her grandpa's small motor boat and she doesn't like going too fast over the waves. She is worried about the ship being like that and we've explained that it will be so big she won't even feel the waves (hopefully!) If we do get off get off in Nassau we would probably visit Atlantis. DH and I have visited before and it is absolutely beautiful. Their aquarium is really great, too. We'd do the Disney excursion, though. We traveled on our own last time and with a traffic jam we barely made it back to the ship (Royal Caribbean). We had to run!!!:rotfl2: I can laugh now, but I practically had a heart attack at the time (from both the running and the visions of the ship leaving without us!)

I heard somewhere that while on the ship you can book another vacation at a really great price....anyone find that to be true??
You can definitely save some bucks if you book your next cruise on the ship. I don't recall if they drop the price of the cruise or just give you a bunch of onboard credits. I've been tempted but it's tought to think ahead to your NEXT vacation when the current one hasn't ended yet.

Will someone be starting a FE list? I'm not sure if there is someone else who organizes the list...
Anyone thinking about excursions yet for the Bahamas?
This will be our fourth time in Nassau so we're planning to just stay on the ship. Maybe check out the spa or enjoy a less-crowded pool. Atlantis is worth a visit if you haven't made it there yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter