May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been unable to get to the boards for what seems like forever. Between just not feeling well to being away on the weekends it looks like I'm at least a couple of hundred pages behind. I will probably not be able to catch up so I hope I haven't missed anything important.

Anybody else in the group a Type 2 diabetic? I just started this new medication that alleviates the need for insulin shots and helps with weight loss. (it's no wonder! I've been sick to my stomach for almost 3 weeks now.) Anyway I have to figure out how to keep this med refrigerated on the cruise.

So, I missed you all. It's so funny how I feel like I know many of you already because you share so much of your lives. I sometimes think I shouldn't share to much of mine as I don't want to seem whiney with the negative stuff or bragging about the positive. It's a little hard for me to let lose.

Feel free to share if you want. We love hearing the good stuff - don't think of it as bragging - and we are always willing to hear the difficult stuff too - prayers are always available from us.

Whine and brag to your heart's content. And if you don't have anything to whine or brag about....make something up! I love a good story ;) .....did I ever tell you about the time Bill Murray thumbed his nose at me?.....

Or how about the time Oliva Newton John told my DrHug she honestly loves him? :lmao:

Now this I would LOVE to see!!!!! Bobby's summer adventures!!!! He may rack up more miles than Angie and Dennis and more frequent flyer miles than Noel!
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

After we retire and get that MH fired up we may give Bobby a lift from one adventure to another. We could be the Official Bobby DIS delivery van (on steroids).

I found a friend for Bobby Banana to meet on the cruise. He arrived at our house today along with the passports.

49_277.jpg

We call him Jack.

Welcome to the cruise, Jack!:lmao: :lmao:

Hey Peggy, isn't there one at the Anthem mall? You can also get a pretzel dog at Auntie Anne's while you're there!:cool1:

I'm just about to check that out - one of the other Disers reminded me (except I cannot remember who that smart one was at this moment in time!)

How are you today? Is it cool up in Prescott?

Jackie, do you know there is an Atlantis shuttle launch planned for the 6th Dec - at 4.30pm? If it goes ahead you will have the best view from onboard!

We do! We are very excited and hopefully they won't postpone the launch - to me that's a "once in a lifetime" experience I hope to experience!:thumbsup2 Thanks so much for the post - in case we hadn't known, I wouldn't want to have missed it.

Hoping Tyler is feeling better really quick! Poor little man...

Miss T - Tell "Jack" we'll be happy to welcome him aboard as well!

Grumpy John - I'm not TOUCHING that last post either, although I got several visuals. :rotfl:

Hi everyone! Long time no post:rotfl:
I have been trying to keep up with all the posts but it is almost impossible.
I DID change my reservation and I am so excited:cool1: ( from Oct27/07 )
I am going solo and I would like to link up with other singles or a couple for dinner. I have second seating. I am willing to sign up for any DIS meetings or group activities with some cruise veterans!:thumbsup2
I may not post too often but I try and read the boards daily.
:hippie: Angie

It looks like Jack might try to eat Bobby!!!!!!
:scared1: :eek: :scared1:

I was afraid of that very thing...run Jack run....and hide

Nan,

What type of "good mattress" do you have. We are looking for something new soon!!

Karen

I can't recall which it was, Serta or Sealy, but the trick was to TRY THEM out. We got one that doesn't roll when the other side gets in bed. We are often up without the other, so it's nice not feeling it (epspecially since I'm the one sleeping most of the time) We opted not for a big pillow top. they can be harder to make. Also, we are short (er) that your DH, I'm 5'2" like you and Paul is 5'8" so we got an Eastern King and turned it sideways, it gave us more room accross, which is good when it's us + 2 kids + 2 dogs in the bed. Doesn't happen much anymore, but when they were really little they would find there way in (the kids, okay and the dogs too) the dog still comes up every night (the young one)

that was long winded for I don't know which one huh?

Pirate show, yes pirate: :happytv: we watched and are hooked....:woohoo:

Hi everyone! Long time no post:rotfl:
I have been trying to keep up with all the posts but it is almost impossible.
I DID change my reservation and I am so excited:cool1: ( from Oct27/07 )
I am going solo and I would like to link up with other singles or a couple for dinner. I have second seating. I am willing to sign up for any DIS meetings or group activities with some cruise veterans!:thumbsup2
I may not post too often but I try and read the boards daily.
:hippie: Angie

Good to have you back! I know what you mean about keeping up, I couldn't prior to now because of work time constraints but we are in our "slower" period so it's easier for me now. And I'm happy because I'm finally getting a chance to know everyone a bit better!

:banana:

YIPEE!!!!! There is one at Anthem! Thanks you guys/gals! I'm so happy now, I'm going up there tomorrow on my "personal day" - I am also doing some spring cleaning and movies!!! But this will be a fun day - Auntie Ann's HERE I COME. Unless my sister gets suddenly "ill" and has to take the day off - then maybe we'll hit that restaurant she just tried, but for the life of me I cannot remember at the moment...;) :lmao:

ibouncetoo said "Oh man...I could have had a pretzel dog two weeks ago? Bummer.....
Think maybe I'll go on line and see if I'm missing an Auntie Anne's closer to home!

Auntie Anne's is a pretzel shop and they make hot dogs wrapped in pretzel dough...the dough kind of spirals around the hot dog. Sooooo yummmmy, especially when dipped in hot cheese"

There's one inside Paradise Valley Mall near the JCPenny's. I saw it the other day and thought of you and your sister.

Hi all,

I've been absent from here for a while--lots of things going on. DH job change, transitioning out of my parttime job, and forgetting my password for the DIS (and didn't have time to take to go through the short process of getting a new one until now).

I wanted you to be the first to know that because of DH's job change, we will be cancelling this cruise. :sad1:

When it came down to it, 16 nights (including the pre-cruise night) was just way too much for my DH and my BIL.

The only thing that has made this decision bearable is that we have booked an RCI Voyager Western for April 2008. So, my mom gets her "historical" cruise (several ports with excursions to Mayan ruins), and I still get a cruise vacation! And I'm actually excited about trying a new ship, and I'm so excited to go to Roatan Island, Honduras. I've heard the snorkling is incredible, and right off the beach.

So, once I finish writing this, I'm calling DCL to cancel--SO, there will be a cat 4 open and two cat 8s open. So let anyone you know who wants to book that there is availability!

I so enjoyed meeting so many of you! Always feel free to PM me. I hope you will post live trip report threads and/or blogs! I will be keeping up with your journey practically every free minute! :thanks:

Holly - hope Tyler gets better soon!

Holly Hope Tyler is feeling better soon

Hoping Tyler is feeling better really quick! Poor little man...
Thanks, but it's just the start of a cold. Really nothing earth shattering. But I can tell he's really sleepy from it already. Since we go on vacation in 4 days, I'm hoping either it never develops into a full blown cold or runs its course quickly and is almost done by Saturday afternoon when we start vacation.

Hi all,

I've been absent from here for a while--lots of things going on. DH job change, transitioning out of my parttime job, and forgetting my password for the DIS (and didn't have time to take to go through the short process of getting a new one until now).

I wanted you to be the first to know that because of DH's job change, we will be cancelling this cruise. :sad1:

When it came down to it, 16 nights (including the pre-cruise night) was just way too much for my DH and my BIL.

The only thing that has made this decision bearable is that we have booked an RCI Voyager Western for April 2008. So, my mom gets her "historical" cruise (several ports with excursions to Mayan ruins), and I still get a cruise vacation! And I'm actually excited about trying a new ship, and I'm so excited to go to Roatan Island, Honduras. I've heard the snorkling is incredible, and right off the beach.

So, once I finish writing this, I'm calling DCL to cancel--SO, there will be a cat 4 open and two cat 8s open. So let anyone you know who wants to book that there is availability!

I so enjoyed meeting so many of you! Always feel free to PM me. I hope you will post live trip report threads and/or blogs! I will be keeping up with your journey practically every free minute! :thanks:

I'm so sorry we won't get to meet!! :sad2: It is great you get to go on a cruise that still excites you and it will be great for you to try a new ship.

I wanted you to be the first to know that because of DH's job change, we will be canceling this cruise. :sad1:

Very sorry to see you leaving us :confused3 :confused3 :BUT congrats on the new job and plans.:grouphug: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Grumpy John, you had me worried then!!! :eek: It looks like you are saying you are cancelling your reservation!!

If you click on the quote button below the post you are quoting, the quoted post comes up in a box.

Hi all,

We'll miss you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter