May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you guys! John has a ball game tonight so I am waiting until he gets home to take a dose of Nyquil. Luckily he took the girls in the pool when we got home and they juts finished dinner and are watching a show on the couch----amazing!

When can we book Disneyland resorts? I tried looking now but it says your arrival date must be prior to 1/1/08?? I thought you could do a year in advance...? Also, when will airlines start having flights/prices? We have not flown in 7 years!! (I think!).....

Are we having shirts made? Or is this like the Geeks, print off and iron on?

I'm not sure when the DL resorts can be booked but I thought I heard one year also?! Airlines...I think in another month you can start checking.

Shirts...PJ is working on a graphic and maybe we'll also use cafe press like the med repo people did...not sure, but she's come up with something (check a few pages back) and I think it's a work in progress...we're making suggestions, etc. The graphic is on the ShipOfThieves website......

does anyone have a recommendations on luggage? I would like something not too expensive but durable....I know what we use now is way too large for the plane.

http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.as...piece+Suits&prod=skull+&+crossbones+one-piece
http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.as...k&prod=triangle+top,+tie+side+moderate+bottom
here's a couple more pirate bathing suits....from Venus USA....they always go on sale as well for much less than original price.

I absolutely love Venus for bathing suits. I always watch and when things go really low, buy away for next season :lmao: Although, the 2 piece is a pretty good price right now.

V....I hope you feel better and rest up. I had the same problem with what day it was today....really thought it was Monday until half way through the day when I realized I was missing a lunch meeting:scared1: !At least you can blame it on your cold (which hopefully won't turn into a true cold).

PJ...love the shirt design. Would love to see Mickey on there but I am sure that can't happen. The t's would make for the perfect final gift in my DDs' "treasure hunt to determine the cruise" christmas present.

Booked our night at MCO Hyatt today (no discounts here :sad2: but we have a room!)!!!!

Plane tickets should be available after June 25th. You need to wait 1 year from the return flight. Not sure about DL hotels, but I would think it would be now :confused3

Luggage question...V, my best advice is to go for smaller ones. I love our larger suitcases, but we can't pack them without going way over the 50# limit, so we switched to 4 carry on size rolling suitcases....1 for each one of us. Luckily, the girls usually have some extra room in theirs so Scott and I get 1 1/2 and they each get 1/2. So far it has worked, but I am not so sure where they will fit in a cabin.

Yes, I went ahead and booked our Hyatt room also (with AAA discount). After flying in from the left side of the country, I like the idea of being DONE with the day's travels when we hit the airport.

PJ...could we see a version with the ports of call listed last? Kind of like a print size progression. I also like the 'concert t-shirt' idea :thumbsup2

cafepress3.jpg

does anyone have a recommendations on luggage? I would like something not too expensive but durable....I know what we use now is way too large for the plane.

How funny you ask...I just had luggage delivered today!!! It's four pieces and they nest inside each other...which is great for our cruise. We do have several pieces of expensive luggage we've picked up here and there, but they don't nest and the one thing we found on our one week cruise was that we had no where to put the luggage. Here's what we bought:

http://www.ebags.com/delsey/helium_...ge_set/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=53263

The customer reviews were decent and the price was right. It all arrived today in perfect shape (and yes, each piece was really nested inside of each other). The one thing I read was to scotchguard it, so that's what I'm doing later tonight....

When can we book Disneyland resorts? I tried looking now but it says your arrival date must be prior to 1/1/08?? I thought you could do a year in advance...? Also, when will airlines start having flights/prices? We have not flown in 7 years!! (I think!).....
I don't think you can book any resort *package* for Dland (or WDW) for 2008 until those prices come out--maybe around the end, or so, of this summer. However, you can call 800-Mickey1 and see if they'll let you make room-only reservations for 2008. The prices aren't guaranteed and will probably go up a little, and you will have to put down the first night's deposit (including tax). But at least you'd be guaranteed a room, esp if there's a certain kind of room you want. It might be worth a phone call to see if you are able to do this.

How about the little signature picture we all so covet? It has mickey as a pirate and really nice background.

I really really like this! You are very talented PJ and quick! Just a question, to go along with the "banned" pirate Mickey--would the DCL logo also be a copyright concern? I hope not; it adds a nice design element!

It is a concern, when my mind is clearer I will hunt for other options in the divider. I still want nautical, pirate flavoured so will work on a purely non-disney option as well for back up.

Looking good, but missing something. Maybe the Jolly Rodger, or a subtle outline of a skull in the background. A pirate ship perhaps? An overflowing treasure chest?

A pair of spanx?

Bedazzled jeans?

Bobby Banana?

Awesome job PJ!

Our DS Alex was at the game tonight - he had a great time, and has a happy drive home.

Charles Barkley was eating some crow tonight on the postgame.

The funniest thing was the video of Rasheed Wallace walking down the tunnel and taking off and throwing his sweaty jersey behind him and hitting some poor guy in a suit RIGHT in the face with his sweaty jersey!:rotfl2:

Did everyone go to bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter