May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DH and I have ours, thank goodness, we renewed them for our first DCL cruise in 2001 and they're still good.
:thumbsup2 :cutie: :thumbsup2

We did ours for our 2003 cruise so we're still good too!

Everyone that is going to get passports, double-check before going to the Post Office - ours does passports by appointment only. So it might not be a bad idea to call now even you weren't planning to do them for a month or 2 as I have heard it is sometimes taking that long to get an appointment.

Just noticed a post by mexican-mouseketeers on the cruise forum. Wasn't someone just wondering what happened to her?

JLSE50 said:
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE PIRATE PRIMER CAN BE FOUND?
Jan

Home Depot? :rotfl2:

This took me a long time because someone referred MANY pages ago to a having had a good time with the Pirate Primer--which would be a book or an interactive website I guess. I have been trying to find out where it is and keep asking the question hoping someone will know.

Then you took it to mean paint and my brain was not there because I knew what I meant. As a post menopausal woman, my brain leakage causes comprehension difficulties with puns and double meanings.
Jan :earsgirl:

This took me a long time because someone referred MANY pages ago to a having had a good time with the Pirate Primer--which would be a book or an interactive website I guess. I have been trying to find out where it is and keep asking the question hoping someone will know.
I missed several months of this board for a while, so I missed the conversation about it, but I just googled it, and all I've come up with is the book by George Choundas--about the pirate language. Here's Disney's official POTC fan site about it: http://www.keeptothecode.com/2007/03/pirate-primer-coming-april-2007.html

Amazon sells it, and if you google it, you'll get a bunch of websites with different reviews.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this!

Here's Disney's official POTC fan site about it: http://www.keeptothecode.com/2007/03/pirate-primer-coming-april-2007.html

Amazon sells it, and if you google it, you'll get a bunch of websites with different reviews.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this!

Nay, Keeptothecode is NOT the official POTC fansite, it's just ANOTHER fan site. Personally, I avoid the space as their always fishing for treasure (money from their visitors). I'm sure I'll get slammed from them again for posting this, but I believe in getting sponsors rather than charging visitors for what is freely available on the internet.

A better place to read about the Pirate Primer is at the author's own website: http://pirate.fwpublications.com/

Aye, I just got back from Hollyweird and the POTC:AWE event at the El Capitan. I'm catching up and uploading pics at the same time.

Well, I am . . .

Captain John Rackham

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!
They forgot the Spanx!

Couldn't resist, mate, but Captain [Calico Jack] Rackham was killed when he and his crew got drunk before a battle with Navy. His lover, Anne Bonney, and her friend, Mary Read, were the only two pirates to fight off the Navy. In the end, though, they were captured and tried. It maybe one of the coolest pirate names, but not one of the most effective. However, he was considered one of the most dandiest dressers.

source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Pirates

dropping in to say hi & bye...

we saw our pirates at release on Thursday night....

IMG_0342.jpg

We loved it. There was a cast of pirate look a like entertaining us before the movie.

Nan

As soon as I saw the picture I knew "Captain Jack Spareribs" aka Ace of Harbor Bay and the Tales of the Seven Seas crew (they're available for party and corporate functions). You'll also see them in the San Jose Christmas Parade aboard their pirate ship "LandShark".pirate:

It's a small world, afterall.

Don't you just love the fresh fruits and veggies at this time of year....

What are you doing tomorrow Jackie?:cheer2: :angel: :cheer2:

Sorry....I thought I replied to this before getting my phone call! Guess I didn't hit enter. :confused3

Tomorrow I will:
eat fried chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, tomatoes and strawberries! Then I'll crash Peg's swimming pool to work it all off!

This took me a long time because someone referred MANY pages ago to a having had a good time with the Pirate Primer--

Ah, lots of confusion over a type-o...that was the Priate Premiere at Disneyland....the red carpet event that NotSoLittleMermaid went to!

But it's nice to know there is a book out there!

Off to bed for me!! I'm off of work again tomorrow, so I will DIS then!

Have a great night and morning to our UK friends!

Karen

Sorry....I thought I replied to this before getting my phone call! Guess I didn't hit enter. :confused3

Tomorrow I will:
eat fried chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, tomatoes and strawberries! Then I'll crash Peg's swimming pool to work it all off!

Sounds like a perfect summer day Jackie. I'm hoping our weather will hold out and I can go to our local town pool...and no cooking dinner coz we have all the leftovers from today's barbeque.
:love: :hippie: :love:

Good morning. Looks like we have a whole week of cool wet weather!!!:sad2: Today is a Bank Holiday(Public holiday to you) but John has popped into work to sort things out as there are just 2 of them tomorrow. Soooo, I'm being lazy at the moment!:laughing:

Karen, your wine shop and wine bar look just wonderful. I would love to visit. You have obviously worked very hard and you deserve the rewards now.

I have found 2 interesting facts whilst I have been browsing.

We can already book Disney transfers from the port to DL at the end of our cruise.

If you have left over WDW tickets you can use them at DL!!![/QUOTE]

Wow Marilyn, I didn't know this, but it sure will come in handy since I will have World tickets left over when I get to Land. Now I know I can use them and not have to buy more.
:) :goodvibes :)

Here is the thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1462177

I think they are organizing a West Coast US minimeet!!! Unfortunately we won't get there I'm afraid!!!:sad2:

Never mind, let you know that I have been booking the Radisson for two nights before sailing with Magic Cruise. In case, might be full booking if leave until near the times. Think we flight out on 8th May and straight to Radisson to have relax times.

Scottishwee35

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter