May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lisa! I have cleaning to do this morning, as well. We also have my son's class rats visiting for the weekend--yet another thing for me to take care of! My mom and niece are coming for the weekend. Padres game tomorrow. We'll need to meet for coffee some morning. If you have plans for Target, let me know!!

I'm sure I'll be at Target tomorrow!:thumbsup2

Today is Von's on the way back from movies (Mission Valley) at least if we want to eat dinner tonight we'll be stopping there.

Have fun with the rats! You know I think our cats would love to meet them :lmao:

Have a great time at the Padre's game :banana:

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Holly,

I think Tyler would do fine with POTC 111. You know better than anyone so go for it. I hear is less scary than the first 2.

Wow you guys were busy last night. I thought I was safe and everyone would be going out of town. I woke up to 6 pages.:scared1: :rotfl:
Thanks for the POTC thoughts. He's not a kid who gets scared easily, so I think he'll do great. If I can get tickets, we'll go today after he comes home from visiting his stepmom. :thumbsup2

By the way, part of your 6 pages to catch up on were my ramblings! Sorry! I was just bored last night and this morning! :rotfl:

I'm not that far behind! I was just about 11 then! :thumbsup2 The Star Wars movies and the Rocky movies are big memories! Saw them all at the Arlington in Santa Barbara--Venetia and Bubba, you were probably there too! (My DH lived in the balcony of that theater that first Star Wars summer...)
Funny! I was going to mention Rocky also! My poor dad got stuck taking me to see that multiple times too. And I suckered my stepmom into doing iron-on transfers (is that even what they're called?) of Rocky on a bunch of t-shirts! I was such a tomboy! :rotfl: Wait a minute.....STILL AM! :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You funny!

Hey....have the shoes shown up?
Glad you said funny instead of ready for the loony bin! :rotfl2:

No shoes yet, but just before I read that, I heard a package being dropped on my front porch, so maybe the mailman brought them today.

Hi Lisa! I have cleaning to do this morning, as well. We also have my son's class rats visiting for the weekend--yet another thing for me to take care of! My mom and niece are coming for the weekend. Padres game tomorrow. We'll need to meet for coffee some morning. If you have plans for Target, let me know!!
Class RATS?! Are those kids that bad? :confused3 Well, I've said worse about some of Tyler's daycare buddies. :rotfl:

I'm thinking the same thing you're thinking...if they were my kids...but they just don't do that today...they get punished. John and I are both strict with them when they stay with us and we NEVER have a problem with them.....and we're taking them on a halloween DCL trip this year...maybe that's why they love us!!!!:banana: :love: :banana:

In your introduction on the SHIP OF THIEVES Board you mentioned the Halloween Cruise also and possibly dressing as dwarves. I posted there and will add it here too.

"If you dress as the 7 dwarves for the Halloween Cruise, you might be able to find a Snow White and a Prince from your DIS Cruise Thread friends before your introductions at the Halloween Party. We were Snow White and the King (we are too old to be Princess and Prince) and would have LOVED to have some dwarves. Our Cruise Thread friends were very secretive about their costumes and then on board we could not find each other anyway. It would have been lots better if we had known who to look for. One family was three dwarves and we might have had a crack at a prize if we had planned ahead of time."

Jan :earsgirl:

No shoes yet, but just before I read that, I heard a package being dropped on my front porch, so maybe the mailman brought them today.
Just went out to check. Nope, no shoes. What I heard was just our new phone book being dropped off.

Brrrr.....it was cold out there! It's 68 degrees inside, but felt way colder when I stepped outside! It's supposed to hit 70 today, but I doubt it!

OK....Off to the post office, Walmart, the grocery store, etc. Off to be productive. Have a great day everybody!

Class RATS?! Are those kids that bad? :confused3 Well, I've said worse about some of Tyler's daycare buddies. :rotfl:
:rotfl2: Holly! We had that kind of class rat here for my son's b-day party in February! I was happy when those couple of hours were up!

I can handle these cute things much better--they're called "Dumbo rats." (Good for Disney fans!) They are super sweet and very cute. Here's a link to an online pic: http://www.celestial-sodapop.net/dumbo/

JLSE50 said:
Pirates Primer?? WHERE?
I have a friend who has put together some cookbooks. One is WINOS and the other is WINOS LOVE CHOCOLATE (or something like that--recipes that use or go well with wine and chocolate). WINOS stands for Women In Need Of Sanity. they are pretty neat. She sells them for $20 each. I need to find out if she has a website.
Jan

Jan,

Let us know if she would like to have them in our wine shop!

Karen

Actually I know her Mother-in-law who lives in Indy. She lives in North Carolina. Her Mother-in-law said she is working on a cookbook for men--something about Beer and Barbeques.

Check out her website:
www.winoshavefun.com
or e-mail her at bonnie@jesseph.com

She has napkins that match the covers of the books too. I bet she would be thrilled to have them for sale in your shop! You can probably just order a case to see if it sells or maybe she would give you a discount if you are ordering multiples for resale. I have no idea.

keep me posted.
And--where is the shop?
How was the Memorial Day weekend business?

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE PIRATE PRIMER CAN BE FOUND?

Jan :earsgirl:

:rotfl2: Holly! We had that kind of class rat here for my son's b-day party in February! I was happy when those couple of hours were up!

I can handle these cute things much better--they're called "Dumbo rats." (Good for Disney fans!) They are super sweet and very cute. Here's a link to an online pic: http://www.celestial-sodapop.net/dumbo/
I never thought I'd ever say this about a rat, but how cute! I'm sure your son is excited to have them visit over the weekend! Do the students take turns or was this a special reward for him?

I'm not that far behind! I was just about 11 then! :thumbsup2 The Star Wars movies and the Rocky movies are big memories! Saw them all at the Arlington in Santa Barbara--Venetia and Bubba, you were probably there too! (My DH lived in the balcony of that theater that first Star Wars summer...)

::yes:: for the Star Wars Movies. I really like seeing movies at the Arlington.It's such a cool theater.:thumbsup2

dropping in to say hi & bye...

we saw our pirates at release on Thursday night....

IMG_0342.jpg

We loved it. There was a cast of pirate look a like entertaining us before the movie.

Last night was Giants game with my Xmas 2005 DCL DIS friend....we lost :eek:

Tomorrow we head south to see the mouse. Don't write so much while I'm gone, or do, either way I'll catch you all when we return.

Nan

I never thought I'd ever say this about a rat, but how cute! I'm sure your son is excited to have them visit over the weekend! Do the students take turns or was this a special reward for him?
Holly--your class pet days are about to begin! The kids have to sign up with permission from their parents. We've been taking them a lot recently, it seems, which is sometimes hard with a dog and a cat. But the teacher is happy when we do, because then she doesn't worry about them--there's been a few times that she's worried she wouldn't see them the next Monday....

My son enjoys it, but my daughter is the one who plays with them more!

dropping in to say hi & bye...

Last night was Giants game with my Xmas 2005 DCL DIS friend....we lost :eek:
Nan--love the pic--love the red hair! (My son has red hair!)

Sorry about the Giants--but it's good for our Padres! You have a few of our good players from last year--and the coach! Have fun at Disneyland!

Do you get Dr. Who over there? Just watched the latest episode - brilliant, but it was a Part 1, which usually means I miss Part 2!!!:confused3

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE PIRATE PRIMER CAN BE FOUND?
I must have missed the conversation :upsidedow --are you talking about the book?! I've found it on amazon.com for $13.59.

Here's another website for fun. I'm sure many of you have seen it. We had great fun with it last year before our cruise. My pirate name is Bloody Mary Rackham. (I took the quiz again just now, and my name is the same as it was last year...) pirate:

http://www.piratequiz.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter