May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best wishes on the try-out!

(And Victorville isn't so bad - when we lived in Barstow Victorville was the "big city" for us! - Barstow is bad, probably the worst place to live in California, except of course for it only being 2 hours to Vegas :thumbsup2
We couldn't wait to get out!)
I've always wondered where people work when they live in the "armpit of California"! What were you doing there??! And back in the 1980s I always wondered where people worked when they lived in Kettleman City (the truck stop off of I-5).

And Lori--best of luck to your daughter! What an accomplishment!

My TA said that Disney probably won't release any info on our cruise until they come back from the Med. Her thoughts were that the Med cruise was so new they focused all their energy there for the summer. So, I am hoping in October or so we might start to see info up about our cruises.
This makes sense! And it gives me time to research on my own so I can compare when the Disney info comes out.

Great news V on Samantha's graduation next year!! As the song says, my bags are packed and ready to go for our Samantha's graduation!!

I will be leaving in a few hours to fly to San Diego and am reflecting on how fast the time has gone. One minute they are tiny babies and in the blink of an eye, there are grown and ready to be on their own.

I guess I am in a nostalgic mood this morning as we head toward another chapter in our lives.

Sigh........

Great news V on Samantha's graduation next year!! As the song says, my bags are packed and ready to go for our Samantha's graduation!!

I will be leaving in a few hours to fly to San Diego and am reflecting on how fast the time has gone. One minute they are tiny babies and in the blink of an eye, there are grown and ready to be on their own.

I guess I am in a nostalgic mood this morning as we head toward another chapter in our lives.

Sigh........
Noel, you just brought tears to my eyes. :hug: Thanks for making me take some time this morning to think about my babies. Have a safe flight, an amazing time at the graduation, and a fabulous time with your daughter!

(The weather is much better yesterday and today--it was overcast and chilly for three straight days....)

Sigh........

Congratulations! They do grow up way to fast. You guys must have some massive frequent flyer miles.

Congratulations Noel!

I agree with Lori - you must have some frequent flier miles!

Sigh........
Congrats - you must be so proud! Have a great time.

That sounds like fun.

I was laughing this morning when I dropped off my daughter at preschool. I did not even realize I was wearing my POTC T-Shirt and all the kids were all excited. I still have not even seen one of the movies yet. I heard they are kind of scary so I hope these little ones have not seen them and just are relating from all the hype.:scared1:
Both my girls had pirate tatoos this morning....:banana:

That sounds like fun.

I was laughing this morning when I dropped off my daughter at preschool. I did not even realize I was wearing my POTC T-Shirt and all the kids were all excited. I still have not even seen one of the movies yet. I heard they are kind of scary so I hope these little ones have not seen them and just are relating from all the hype.:scared1:
All I know is that my kids would have nightmares every night--right now I'm sticking to G and PG with them (even the G Disney movies are sometimes still too scary and we have to forward through the scary parts). I've only seen the first POTC (rented it a good year after it was released!), so you're not so alone!

No - the question is how many can you afford?????:confused3

Oh yeah, always forget about that money thing. Actually it is the dues that always get us. We usually end up going with some friends so we just have them split the dues for the points that we used with them, but still, those dues add up every year. :scared1:

Sigh........
Noel...have a great weekend!!!

Congrats - you must be so proud! Have a great time.

Both my girls had pirate tatoos this morning....:banana:

My youngest has no desire to see this one, she saw 1 and decided against 2 and now 3, but Jaide is soooo excited to see the movie. She and DH will go while Taylor and I do something else.
This morning on GMA, they kind of panned it though....they said you don't even see Johnny Depp for the 1st hour and the last 30 minutes was the best of the whole movie. We'll just have to wait and see! V....tell it what you think and how much fun you have....and share the pics of pirate DHpirate:

I feel like a tourist in my own town!

Today I took Mrs. Woody to El Cholo for a scrumptous lunch. elcholo.com The L.A. location is a landmark, dating back to 1923 when a combination plate costs 65 cents. (They now cost $10.25)

Afterward, we went to the Getty Center getty.edu and enjoyed various gallery tours before going to a lecture by Peter Singer, author of Animal Liberation. lecture

Woody

Personally - I would have LOVED the lecture - being a critterphriend and all!:banana:

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:
I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all those celebrating and Happy Anniversary to John and Amy!

NEWS: I think I mentioned that my daughter has been trying out for a club soccer team the last few months. They just asked her to join them and play in a tournament next weekend. The only bad thing is it is in Victorville, CA. For those of you that don't know where that it is, not your vacation place. Oh well she will be evaluated in this game and then we will know if she made it or not. I don't care (I mean I do but it's not my life) but it means so much to her so I hope it all works out. Give special pixie dust prayers to her tonight.

You bet - you ask and we'll do!!!!:wizard: pixiedust: :cheer2: :flower3:

We are very pleased with All Seasons Travel. allseastravel.com

In 2004, we booked the 2005 WB and EB Panama Canal cruises through them. And, if it were not for them, we would not be on this cruise.

Terrific prices, very nice people, and excellent service.

Woody

They have my VOTE - I wouldn't be ON THIS CRUISE without them!!!!:banana:

All I know is that my kids would have nightmares every night--right now I'm sticking to G and PG with them (even the G Disney movies are sometimes still too scary and we have to forward through the scary parts). I've only seen the first POTC (rented it a good year after it was released!), so you're not so alone!

Sophia too Karin. No way she could sit through even #1. She takes things too literally, and would think it is all real. She won't even go on the ride with me! I had to ride it by myself last time at WDW!

My description of it as Small World with Pirates did not even help!

I don't know if it's a good thing or not that the girls aren't scared...I think we've always presented anything that might be scary as "isn't this fun" type deal. I have always struggled with parenting decisions....as I am sure I will continue to do so in the years to come. Am I creating mosters? I guess time will tell!! (and I hope it shows NO!) but I do now have tickets...$32!! Can you believe it? Wonder how much the snacks will be?

I don't know if it's a good thing or not that the girls aren't scared...I think we've always presented anything that might be scary as "isn't this fun" type deal. I have always struggled with parenting decisions....as I am sure I will continue to do so in the years to come. Am I creating mosters? I guess time will tell!! (and I hope it shows NO!) but I do now have tickets...$32!! Can you believe it? Wonder how much the snacks will be?

V, I know your girls, and they are fine. They're not mosters (sic)! Some kids are just more sensitive than others, and Sophia is one of those. She won't even let me read the book "The Borrowers" to her, or watch Harry Potter!

Your girls are GREAT kids, and I would not worry if they are having fun with it!

I think all parenting decisions are individual and based on your kids. Only you know your kids! I have a very sensitive 9 year old son who "feels" everything, and then my 5-year-old daughter, like John's Sophia, is extremely literal. (Loved the description of Small World with pirates--I'll have to remember that one.)

Have a great time at the movie! If snack prices are anything in FL like they are in CA, you will pay more for the snacks!

The editing of the movie is terrible. The writers had to wittle it down to under 3 hours (2 hours and 47 minutes). You should stay until the END of the CREDITS. There is a scene at the end of the credits that ties up the holes that are missing in the movie. It was a compromise to the writers, Ted and Terry, to get the movie under the 3 hours.popcorn::

Also, the credits are incredibly LONG. You will have time to run to the restroom.

The editing of the movie is terrible. The writers had to wittle it down to under 3 hours (2 hours and 47 minutes). You should stay until the END of the CREDITS. There is a scene at the end of the credits that ties up the holes that are missing in the movie. It was a compromise to the writers, Ted and Terry, to get the movie under the 3 hours.popcorn::

Also, the credits are incredibly LONG. You will have time to run to the restroom.

I read that on the CB....oh my - a long night!:scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter