MaxPass for PhotoPass

djk

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about purchasing MaxPass for just myself each of our five days in the parks next week simply for access to our family's PhotoPass photos. This would cost $50 as opposed to the PhotoPass+ One Week product for $78. It seems like a way to save $28, but am I missing something? Are there any downsides to doing this?

From what I remember,you have to download the pictures before maxpass expires, so you'll need to download them each night. but other than that I don't think there is much difference.

From what I remember,you have to download the pictures before maxpass expires, so you'll need to download them each night. but other than that I don't think there is much difference.

This would make it not worth the savings for me. Can anyone confirm this?

I believe that if your party splits up and some are not with you, they can get a photo pass card and link pictures to that, then you link the card to your ticket later so they are all covered by the one MP.

Are the pictures good quality? We're thinking of doing this as well on our trip so we can frame some.

I just did this two weeks ago. Very easy to do you just purchase it in the app everyday after you scan into the park. We were there for 5 days and I was planning on getting it all 5 days but only ended up with 3

The last poster asked if they are good quality and yes they are very good quality!! I am very pleased with them. And if you get a good photographer he/she will spend some good time with you and get good shots. We were waiting in line for pics in front of the castle and photographer came up to us and said if we wanted to take pics on the side of the castle near the Snow White statues. I said sure! So he took us over there and took GREAT pics. He not only took group photos of us but individual like me and hubby, my son and daughter, my nephew alone, then just the cousins and just me hubby and my kids. I will probably be using one as a XMas card.

I just did this two weeks ago. Very easy to do you just purchase it in the app everyday after you scan into the park. We were there for 5 days and I was planning on getting it all 5 days but only ended up with 3.

Great! And you had no trouble downloading them when you got home? You didn't have to download each day's photos at the end of the day, right? And did you just get a Photo Pass card, have the photographers scan it each time you had photos taken that day and then link it to your Max Pass account somehow?

How was the angle on the photos from the side of the castle? I'd love to get some nice shots for a Christmas card!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I think I'm in the exact same situation and just wanted to be sure of a few things, I know a couple have been answered here but it would be nice to just have it clear point by point.

1. Are they on the same expectation calendar as normal photopass photos? (45 days after max pass purchase)

2. Can the one person with max pass still get fast passes the "old fashioned" way to keep the times the same across the party?

3. Can you get addition photopass cards from the photographers and then just link them to the ticket that has MaxPass purchased?

4a. Attraction photos are added to the MaxPass holders account via the code on the screen?
4b. If we're split up and the person that wants a ride photo can't enter it in a phone and won't remember the number, can you use a photopass card that's linked to the MaxPass to add it to your account?

5. Slightly off topic, free wifi in the park is up and running for this? I'm Canadian and our "travel plans" for data are terrible.

I think I'm in the exact same situation and just wanted to be sure of a few things, I know a couple have been answered here but it would be nice to just have it clear point by point.

1. Are they on the same expectation calendar as normal photopass photos? (45 days after max pass purchase)
My understanding from numerous reports is yes, but my Maxpass is linked to an AP so I have a year anyway. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

2. Can the one person with max pass still get fast passes the "old fashioned" way to keep the times the same across the party?
Yes, absolutely.

3. Can you get addition photopass cards from the photographers and then just link them to the ticket that has MaxPass purchased?
Yes.

4a. Attraction photos are added to the MaxPass holders account via the code on the screen?
Yes
4b. If we're split up and the person that wants a ride photo can't enter it in a phone and won't remember the number, can you use a photopass card that's linked to the MaxPass to add it to your account?
I don't quite understand this question - from my understanding you need the code; there is no photopass card associated with ride photos. (Unless I'm missing something?) I just snap a quick picture of the code and enter it later.

5. Slightly off topic, free wifi in the park is up and running for this? I'm Canadian and our "travel plans" for data are terrible.
The wifi is terrible. It's only even supposed to be accessible in a handful of places, and on Saturday I kept getting an error message telling me I was unable to join the network even in those places (and there were low crowds). I would not rely on the park wifi at all.

**I responded to your other items in the text of your original post above.

Great! And you had no trouble downloading them when you got home? You didn't have to download each day's photos at the end of the day, right? And did you just get a Photo Pass card, have the photographers scan it each time you had photos taken that day and then link it to your Max Pass account somehow?

How was the angle on the photos from the side of the castle? I'd love to get some nice shots for a Christmas card!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Ok I haven't tried to download any yet because I want to wait till I do them on my laptop. But I have saved a couple to my phone with no problem.

I never once used a photopass card. Each time the photographer just scanned on my app. And for ride photos you just need to type in the number. We just added a number today because we realized we never added it to photopass and had no problem.

The photos from the side of the castle are still just as beautiful. He also took some pics with the Snow Statue lbs behind us.

The wifi is terrible. It's only even supposed to be accessible in a handful of places, and on Saturday I kept getting an error message telling me I was unable to join the network even in those places (and there were low crowds). I would not rely on the park wifi at all.

**I responded to your other items in the text of your original post above.

Awesome thanks for being thorough. Yeah how they do the ride photos with photopass has seemed to have change a few times over the last few years.

I'll probably just screenshot the photopass for my phone in case the wifi is terrible or anything goes wrong with the app. Worst case just use the cards and deal with it in the hotel room.

Thanks again for the help.

Ohh one more question. As this is my first time going down with my nieces (ages 4 and 2) I don't really want to be jumping on my phone first thing in the park.

If I was getting max pass purely for the photopass could I buy it later in the day while in line or something would the photos taken that day but before the max pass be included?

Or could I upgrade my ticket when we go to get them at the ticket booth to a max pass one? On that note, do you even need to go to the ticket booth anymore for tickets purchased online?

I know it's a very specific question, but if anyone's done it and had it work I would love to know.

Ohh one more question. As this is my first time going down with my nieces (ages 4 and 2) I don't really want to be jumping on my phone first thing in the park.

If I was getting max pass purely for the photopass could I buy it later in the day while in line or something would the photos taken that day but before the max pass be included?

Or could I upgrade my ticket when we go to get them at the ticket booth to a max pass one? On that note, do you even need to go to the ticket booth anymore for tickets purchased online?

I know it's a very specific question, but if anyone's done it and had it work I would love to know.
I think earlier pictures would be included. To be safe, I'd probably just get a Photopass card for the any earlier pictures and link it once you buy it (you just scan the code on the card, very easy).

If your printout has a barcode, I'm pretty sure you can take it directly to the turnstiles, but hopefully someone who knows for certain will chime in. I certainly see lots of people getting paper printouts scanned at the turnstiles!

I'll probably just screenshot the photopass for my phone in case the wifi is terrible or anything goes wrong with the app.

Take a screen shot of your photo pass and make it your Lock Screen Photo - then you don't even have to open your phone. It took us 3 days to figure that out. We had taken a screen shot but then it kept getting "lost" in our photo stream with all the other pictures we took!

And to follow up on a previous comments - you do have 45 days to download the photos. I just downloaded ours from our July 31-Aug 3 trip. And you can link an earlier (or later) photo pass card with no issues. And ride photos can be added in the app later in the day. We just snapped photos of the numbers and would put them into the app during breaks. And when they realize you have MaxPass they will take hundreds of photos. We had to tell one photographer we were done...after 45 shots of our group of 9!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter