• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Max Pass on multiple devices??

MCBWHITE

Mouseketeer
I am sure I missed this information somewhere (and I am admittedly technologically challenged)...but after 30 minutes of trying to find the answer.....I'll just ask here.

Going to the parks in a few days. Have my tickets for me and my friend and Max Pass already purchased for both of us. I see both our tickets ready to go on the app on my phone.

It's probably a good idea that my friend have access to the tickets, too, right? In case we want to split up or in case my phone gets wonky or battery dies or (insert dilemma of your choice here).....How do I share the tickets with her so that she has access to them on her phone? I understand we won't be able to double up on fast passes or anything like that, I just don't like the liability of having everything on one phone.

Thanks in advance!!!

Have her scan both tickets into her app. Tickets can be linked to multiple accounts so she can use her own login.

I'm following this thread, as I was wondering about the sharing tickets/technology too. It's good to know that I can scan our tickets and have them on multiple family members' phones for those "just in case" situations. OP, I'm also curious about how you pre purchased Max Pass? I have my first trip to DL this summer, and I'd love to pre purchase Max Pass. I called Disney directly yesterday, and the CM told me I couldn't add Max Pass to my package now. She indicated that I would have to purchase MP when I enter the parks for the first time after we arrive.

Any advice you have would be great! Thank you!

I'm following this thread, as I was wondering about the sharing tickets/technology too. It's good to know that I can scan our tickets and have them on multiple family members' phones for those "just in case" situations. OP, I'm also curious about how you pre purchased Max Pass? I have my first trip to DL this summer, and I'd love to pre purchase Max Pass. I called Disney directly yesterday, and the CM told me I couldn't add Max Pass to my package now. She indicated that I would have to purchase MP when I enter the parks for the first time after we arrive.

When I bought my ticket on the DL app Max Pass came up as an optional purchase. I selected it and it was activated immediately when my phone was scanned for entry. It's also an option when you order your tix thru DL online.

I think your problem is that you have a package. I just checked and was stunned to see that 'add Max Pass' is NOT an option for online booking!!!

I don't see why the CM couldn't upgrade your tix unless you've already received them or your departure is so close that they're in the process of being shipped out. Or unless you booked your package through a third party or a travel agent.

If you booked direct with Disney, I'd call again and if necessary ask for a lead. They should at least be able to explain why they can't upgrade (and why it's not a booking option). If you're staying onsite ask them if it can be 'fixed' at the registration desk when you check in or if you can add MP at the ticket booths on your arrival (if you're getting there the day/evening before.

Last edited:
Another option is to sign into the same account on each phone. If you do that you don't have to scan the tickets each time, just once. This is helpful if not everyone has a disney account. Of course, only do this if you trust them to have access to your account or if they're going to delete the app at the end of the trip.

I purchased my tickets directly through the DL website. At checkout (like person below says), MP comes up as an option to add. Since this is a short trip (only 2 days in the parks), I didn't want the hassle of having to add it when we get inside the parks, so I paid full price for the tickets (instead of buying them through a discount vendor).
When I bought my ticket on the DL app Max Pass came up as an optional purchase. I selected it and it was activated immediately when my phone was scanned for entry. It's also an option when you order your tix thru DL online.

I think your problem is that you have a package. I just checked and was stunned to see that 'add Max Pass' is NOT an option for online booking!!!

I don't see why the CM couldn't upgrade your tix unless you've already received them or your departure is so close that they're in the process of being shipped out. Or unless you booked your package through a third party or a travel agent.

If you booked direct with Disney, I'd call again and if necessary ask for a lead. They should at least be able to explain why they can't upgrade (and why it's not a booking option). If you're staying onsite ask them if it can be 'fixed' at the registration desk when you check in or if you can add MP at the ticket booths on your arrival (if you're getting there the day/evening before.
Yes, I agree....I think the package probably complicates it for you. I'd try to get it added the day/night before at a ticket booth outside the park- like PP suggests. Good luck! I hope it gets added easily for you!

I purchased my tickets directly through the DL website. At checkout (like person below says), MP comes up as an option to add. Since this is a short trip (only 2 days in the parks), I didn't want the hassle of having to add it when we get inside the parks, so I paid full price for the tickets (instead of buying them through a discount vendor).
Yes, I agree....I think the package probably complicates it for you. I'd try to get it added the day/night before at a ticket booth outside the park- like PP suggests. Good luck! I hope it gets added easily for you!

I'm struggling with this very thing now! I hate paying the extra $21.00 ('gate' price vs LMT) but the ease of buying through the app and adding MP then and there makes it so tempting!

If you have a credit card linked to your Disney account that is signed into the app and linked to your tickets, adding MaxPass at the beginning of each day after entering the Gates takes like 30 seconds. Prebuying isn’t the biggest convenience. I would save the money instead, personally.

If you have a credit card linked to your Disney account that is signed into the app and linked to your tickets, adding MaxPass at the beginning of each day after entering the Gates takes like 30 seconds. Prebuying isn’t the biggest convenience. I would save the money instead, personally.

I completely agree. It really is very simple. That 30 seconds might be an over estimate too. No way I’d pay more to add it ahead of time. You’re effectively doubling the price of MP if you are passing on a ~$10/day discount just to have it added ahead of time.

But if I buy a vendor ticket, it's a paper voucher that I have to redeem for a paper ticket at the turnstile. I then have to scan that paper ticket (or enter the number) into the app and then buy max pass. I'd think that would take more than 30 seconds on the first day, at least. Do I have the steps correct? The only time I've used MP I bought my ticket through the app since it was just a one day visit.

And thanks for the reminder to be sure I have a CC linked! I think I do, but I'm going to double check on it!

Last edited:
But if I buy a vendor ticket, it's a paper voucher that I have to redeem for a paper ticket at the turnstile. I then have to scan that paper ticket (or enter the number) into the app and then buy max pass. I'd think that would take more than 30 seconds on the first day, at least. Do I have the steps correct? The only time I've used MP I bought my ticket through the app since it was just a one day visit.

And thanks for the reminder to be sure I have a CC linked! I think I do, but I'm going to double check on it!

A lady recently posted that the numbers/barcode on your eticket are the same as the one on the ticket that is printed at the turnstyle. She said she scanned the barcode on the eticket beforehand and everything worked perfectly adding and using Maxpass.

A lady recently posted that the numbers/barcode on your eticket are the same as the one on the ticket that is printed at the turnstyle. She said she scanned the barcode on the eticket beforehand and everything worked perfectly adding and using Maxpass.

Correct. The pdf voucher you get from places like LMT Club is the same as the pdf voucher you get directly from Disney. You can scan this into the app before you get to the park.

I highly recommend you both have access. The first time we used max pass, my sister was never able to get it to work properly on her phone (tickets wouldn’t upload). The next time we went, it happened to me. Thankfully each time the other one of us was able to get it to work.

You can scan the tickets in before the parks open, while you're waiting in line. Get those tickets scanned in while you wait, & then after entering the park, activate Max Pass. That's what I did in November when we were using old paper tickets that I'd bought at an auction. It took about 30 seconds to activate & pay for Max Pass once we entered the parks.

I had the app open, upon entering the park, I grabbed my nieces friends tickets (5), and stopped to add them to the account and add MAXPASS. It took less than a minute to add all 5. They only made it to Lincoln when I caught up. Then my niece took 15-20 seconds to add them to her account and they were off!

I think others may have mentioned before, but it will ask you for the CVV code for your credit card each time you purchase through the app, so make sure to memorize that ahead of time.

Correct. The pdf voucher you get from places like LMT Club is the same as the pdf voucher you get directly from Disney. You can scan this into the app before you get to the park.

Super, thanks! LMT it is, then. That $21 I save will pay for one day's parking.

Just out of curiosity, if I scan it in beforehand do I still show the voucher at the turnstile or does the voucher 'convert' to a ticket on the app and I just have them scan my phone?

It’s the same barcode, so you can show them either the phone or the printout, but yes it does become a ticket on your phone. They’ll still give you a paper ticket at first use either way, but the phone ticket can be used for admission the entire trip.

Last edited:
I don’t know what LMT is, but can anyone comment about having used tix from aRes? That is who Mousesavers recommended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter