• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Max # of nights at FW

Vals

Mouseketeer
Hi. I have not camped at FW in years. During the XMAS special it sounded like some campers were there for months-what is the max # of nite that you can stay at fw? also are small dogs allowed now? or do they have to stay in the kennel? thank you Val

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong ;) but I don't believe there is a max number of nights you can stay.

Actually dogs of all sizes are allowed in the pet loops of campsites. Here's what the current pet "rules" say...

"Separate Campsites for Guests with Pets
Guests who wish to keep their pets at their site must stay in a designated Pet Loop. The sites in these areas have water, electricty, and sewer hook-ups, and are convenient to the Comfort Stations and Pet Paths.

For the safety and convenience of all guests, a few guidelines have been established for these areas. Owners not adhering to these policies will be required to board the pets in the kennel at the overnight fee of $18.00 per dog and $13.00 per cat.

- Guests must be with their pet whenever it is outside of the motor home.
- Pets must be on a leash or tether, no longer than eight feet at all times. This includes Pet Loops and Pet Paths.
- Pets are not permitted at the Comfort Station or Recreation areas.
- Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pet.
- Pets are not allowed in pop-up trailers or tents."

No other rules or guidelines are mentioned (except those specific to the dog park).

I do remember a max number of days and for some reason 30 sticks in my mind (please correct). I just remember folks who stayed 3 - 4 months saying that they had to make 3 or 4 reservations.

I'm guessing this is going to be a BIG FAT NO but, can you take your dog down to the beach on a leash?

CRUD! What if I stuck him in a stroller and passed him off as my hairy little kid?

Almost worth getting caught for the photo alone! :lmao:

Actually no dogs are allowed in the entire settlement/marina area, incl. the beach. There is a big sign as you enter from the road, and also one at the bridge as you're coming off the 300 loop dog walk toward the back trail.

Other "no dogs allowed" areas include the pool/meadows area and playground.

IIRC the max number of nights in a reservation is 90, and it used to be that you could not stay more than 9 months consecutively. I believe the 9 month limit might now be removed.

Almost worth getting caught for the photo alone! :lmao:

Actually no dogs are allowed in the entire settlement/marina area, incl. the beach. There is a big sign as you enter from the road, and also one at the bridge as you're coming off the 300 loop dog walk toward the back trail.

Other "no dogs allowed" areas include the pool/meadows area and playground.

Dangit. How am I going to 'splain this to him.....he doesn't know he's a dog. ;)

The max # of nights allowed in a single reservation is 30 nights. So folks that stay longer than 30 nights must have multiple reservations.

This may have changed, or they may have had multiple reservations, but the Howards used to stay from November to March in the same site...ALWAYS site #301 every year. However, Mr. Howard wasn't back this year.

The McManuses kept their motor home in site #302 for years without moving it. I asked him once if there was a limit to how long Disney would let you stay and he told me that they will let you stay as long as you give them a credit card with current charging privileges. Like I said earlier, this may have changed as his motor home wasn't there at Christmas. There are others of course.

Years ago they had the "Settlers' Rate" that was available from January 'till March or something like that. But that was discontinued seven or eight years ago.

My authority on the 9 month limit comes from this Oct '07 posting by the all-knowing Deb. Though I do believe that this limit has fallen by the wayside. Also, in this post DraftHorseCrazy confirms Carols assertion that 30 days per reservation is the maximum. Sorry for my mis-recollection re: 90 days.

Yeap, just to confirm what others have said. The limit on an individual reservation is 30 days but you can have multiple reservations. When we were there for several months (Oct-Dec 08) we had to go down every 30 days and check out and back in again.

..... However, Mr. Howard wasn't back this year.....

During our stay at FW 2 weeks ago, I saw a Prevost in the 500 loop with the NJ plate DISNEY 4. Thought that that was the plate on Mr. Howard's coach. Sure looked like the coach that was in the 301 site in '07-'08.

..... However, Mr. Howard wasn't back this year.....

During our stay at FW 2 weeks ago, I saw a Prevost in the 500 loop with the NJ plate DISNEY 4. Thought that that was the plate on Mr. Howard's coach. Sure looked like the coach that was in the 301 site in '07-'08.
That could have been him I suppose, but the Howards were from Massachusetts.

Mr Howard is here.....in the 500 loop. Don't know about the license plates but his coach is here with a lawn sign saying.... Howards.

Maybe he moved to be in a premium site this year or maybe just to be in a loop that had fewer memories. Maybe he moved to New Jersey after his wife died.

Yeap, just to confirm what others have said. The limit on an individual reservation is 30 days but you can have multiple reservations. When we were there for several months (Oct-Dec 08) we had to go down every 30 days and check out and back in again.

Exactly. 30 days is the max now, so when my clients want to stay longer, I have to make separate, consecutive, reservations. They have to check out and check back in, but usually get to keep the same site. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter