Max Occupancy in DVC Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I can't believe this thread got so big.

ON my end I have talked with DVC QA rep, Disney Resort Reservations Rep and BOTH have said there is no problem with booking 5 in a Studio at all Disney Resorts.

I will book 2 adults and 3 children. They didn't specify ages.

I will go by their confirmation and use Studio on trip #1 and 1 BR on Trip #2 each year.

That is huge!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We are a family of 5 as well. We have been told from the beginning that we could stay in a one bedroom with no extra bedding.
We were told specifically that we could not stay in a studio since our daughter, our youngest, is over 3. We prefer the one bedroom so it would not be an issue for us.

Is there anyway you can get that in writing?? I would be nervous since there are SO many different answers to this question from Member Services. I am not trying to be a downer...I just know I have heard and read many different answers to this question.:flower3:

We are a family of 5 going to hhi in a 1bdrm. It was not a problem reserving a 1bdrm for 5- but like the other resorts, they let me know they would only provide towels and bedding for 4.

Thanks that's what I was hoping. Do you bring an air mattress or use a sleeping bag???? :confused3 My son will be 3 when we go to HHI and he will sleep on anything as long as he has his blue blanket:cloud9: . :)

ON my end I have talked with DVC QA rep, Disney Resort Reservations Rep and BOTH have said there is no problem with booking 5 in a Studio at all Disney Resorts.

I will go by their confirmation and use Studio on trip #1 and 1 BR on Trip #2 each year.

That is huge!!

WOW this is great news!!!! I love the point values for studios but I have to say I don't know if my family can survive in a studio :rotfl: :rotfl: But it is nice to have the choice, especially when you have 3 young children. ;)

I guess when you plan your vacation and reserve your "studio" and you name all in your party and they do not refuse to accept the reservation, that would be your "in writing" guarantee.

I know there have been many different "opinions" to the final rule, but it seems every Disney Rep I talk to states it is OK to bring 5 into a studio.

Good Luck to us all I guess.

:surfweb: :surfweb:

Can someone tell me what beds are in a studio? Do they have 2 full/queen beds or just one queen and a sleeper sofa? Thanks.

Can someone tell me what beds are in a studio? Do they have 2 full/queen beds or just one queen and a sleeper sofa? Thanks.

Studios have a queen bed and full sleeper sofa, except for OKW. OKW has two real queen beds.

I guess when you plan your vacation and reserve your "studio" and you name all in your party and they do not refuse to accept the reservation, that would be your "in writing" guarantee.

I know there have been many different "opinions" to the final rule, but it seems every Disney Rep I talk to states it is OK to bring 5 into a studio.

Good Luck to us all I guess.

:surfweb: :surfweb:

I guess these "Disney Reps" don't read the literature you get when you buy either. Studios only sleep four plus one under the age of three.

That is huge!!

Disney has been fairly consistent in the last few years not allowing 5 officially in a studio unless one were a younger child. Don't be surprised if you get a different answer when you call to reserve in the future. "But someone else said it was OK", would not be a value dispute in this situation IMO.

ok so if I have 2 A and 3 C ages 4,6 and 9 and staying in a 1 bd villa...they will allow that but only give us towels and stuff for 4 people? also, Im a person who needs like 4 pillows just for myself...can you request them like you can in the hotels? Is this something I would need to do upon making reservation or could it wait till we get there?

ok so if I have 2 A and 3 C ages 4,6 and 9 and staying in a 1 bd villa...they will allow that but only give us towels and stuff for 4 people? also, Im a person who needs like 4 pillows just for myself...can you request them like you can in the hotels? Is this something I would need to do upon making reservation or could it wait till we get there?
The king sized bed will have four standard pillows on it (no king sized pillows). There will be two additional pillows for the sleeper sofa. They may or may not provide you extra pillows. But they will not provide extra sheets, rollaways, cots, towels. You'll get four bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths.

Thanks that's what I was hoping. Do you bring an air mattress or use a sleeping bag???? My son will be 3 when we go to HHI and he will sleep on anything as long as he has his blue blanket .
We are bringing an air mattress and a sleeping bag- not sure if we will even need the air mattress.

Okay..I started doing some research on this. We are thinking that next summer we might want to try to rent points for our WDW vacation. Thought about doing a split stay - POR or 2 rooms at value AND a DVC resort.

Sounds like you can have 5 in a 1 bedroom (no bedding, towels given for 5th person) IF you can find a renter who would be willing to rent to you with the specification of it being 5 in a room. Is that correct?

Also...does this have any affect on the EMH's? I know that the AK resort has the 5 option, which I do like, but just trying to keep all options open. It would, of course, save me a little money to rent at a cheaper DVC. Just trying to get everything straight before the time comes to start looking to rent.

Okay..I started doing some research on this. We are thinking that next summer we might want to try to rent points for our WDW vacation. Thought about doing a split stay - POR or 2 rooms at value AND a DVC resort.

Sounds like you can have 5 in a 1 bedroom (no bedding, towels given for 5th person) IF you can find a renter who would be willing to rent to you with the specification of it being 5 in a room. Is that correct?

Also...does this have any affect on the EMH's? I know that the AK resort has the 5 option, which I do like, but just trying to keep all options open. It would, of course, save me a little money to rent at a cheaper DVC. Just trying to get everything straight before the time comes to start looking to rent.

Member services will allow 5 without extra bedding and towels, and you can rent an extra towel pack for $6 when you check in. Don't forget that OKW has that big laundry room in each 1 bedroom too, so throwing towels in the washer and dryer daily is not an issue if you MUST have a fresh towel every day. We usually just throw them in the dryer to freshen them. Also, the OKW laundry room makes a great little bedroom for a small child on an air matress or the cushions from the sofa.

Member services will allow 5 without extra bedding and towels, and you can rent an extra towel pack for $6 when you check in. Don't forget that OKW has that big laundry room in each 1 bedroom too, so throwing towels in the washer and dryer daily is not an issue if you MUST have a fresh towel every day. We usually just throw them in the dryer to freshen them. Also, the OKW laundry room makes a great little bedroom for a small child on an air matress or the cushions from the sofa.

Thank you for the response. What about EMH? I am assuming since all 5 would be on the reservation, that there would be not issue with that also.

We cannot get our dates set until the end of January. Will that be TOO long to wait to try and rent for someone for either the first of July or the first of August?

Everyone on the reservation will get extra magic hours, because each person will have a "key" with their name on it. That's how EMH is facilitated.

If you want to subscribe to a thread, all you need to do is click on Thread tools and select subscribe. You don't need to post to a thread if all you want to do is read it.

Thanks- I had no idea that I could subscribe that easily. :)

Instead of asking here, I called MS and asked about our upcoming trip. We have 4 adults and 2 babies and asked about a one bedroom and was told no problem at all. Since neither baby needs extra linens or pillows our sleeping arrangements are no problem. The 2 year old in the king bed with the folks and 10 month old in the p-n-p. I wasn't even going to book a 1 bedroom and was going to stay with 2 studios, but MS convinced me that there was no problem in our arrangements. Sharing one bathroom is a negative, but having the kitchen is a positive. We do plan to buy an extra towel package -- which we've done in the past.

question for you DVC experts! i'm sure this has been asked before but honestly i don't have time to read all 110 pages (i wish i did! :laughing: )

DH and i are renting points for a studio at SSR for 6 nights in april. my best friend, her DH and their 2-almost-3-year-old have decided to drive down and join us for the pirate and princess party on our last night. we will be at MK when they arrive (around noon). they won't be joining us until later that day since they're only buying tickets for the P&PP, no regular park tickets. the plan (hopefully) is for me to leave them a room key at the front desk that morning, then they will arrive around lunchtime, get the key from the front desk, go to the room and do whatever they want to around the resort until it's time to meet us at MK. it's only 1 night. if it was more than that, i would insist that they get their own room because 4 adults + 1 child in a studio wouldn't be my idea of a good time! anyway, are we allowed to have 5 people (1 being a toddler) in a studio???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter