Matt's 18th Birthday trip - Now Live

Last time I was very underwhelmed with Manny's, this time felt it was worth the trip. Its about 30 mins drive from OKW. Not sure how far down I4 (10miles?) then 8 miles on Hwy 27. Really easy drive.

wow, that's really far!!!

i guess i'll stick with the celebration town tavern.... :)

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the kind birthday messages over the past few weeks. I had a great day filled with plenty of surprises! Thanks to those who are following my blog too, it's great to read the comments each morning! :)

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the kind birthday messages over the past few weeks. I had a great day filled with plenty of surprises! Thanks to those who are following my blog too, it's great to read the comments each morning! :)

and thanks for taking us along on your holiday!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Just read all of matts blog for this trip - great writing and an enjoyable read. It has kept me entertained whilst I sit in the salon having my pre-holiday highlights done!

For those interested in trying the parasailing on Bay Lake / Seven Seas Lagoon....Groupon have an offer valid until 02 Jan 2013

http://www.groupon.com/deals/sammy-...c0a7e7192c9213b59e47d1e4f5073811ead475466e2de

I overheard them discussing this the other day. Didn't know when it was going live but knew it was soon.

They keep coming up on Google offers also, I have been watching a while for a deal but they are only for 450ft, never seen a deal for the 600ft.
Not sureif the extra 150ft makes any difference, at $57 its a great deal, are you doing it Nigel?

We looked for your number plate at Manny's last night, couldn't find it.

Tonight I am taking the lazy route and linking to Matt's Blog for pics and details.
Been to Manny's this evening had a few beers, got back and a few vodkas so a little tired.

Day started with Tusker house breakfast, as I have said before we don't really eat breakfast but did it for Lily, 5 adults and 1 child = over $200, I will never understand anyone paying those prices for breakfast.

Dinner at Manny's was very good, excellent steaks cooked to perfection (overcooked last time I ate there) $110 for 6 of us & $20 tip.

By pool this afternoon met Paulh, great to meet up at last.:thumbsup2

Link to today http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/day-10-animal-kingdom/

Link to Matts Birthday blog. http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/day-9-parasailing-magic-kingdom-birthday/

Hi wayne and co, did lily manage to get the ice back to her room before it melted? We had a nice meal at Logan's ,so full we're having a pizza tonight by quiet pool.was great to see you,glad you had a nice meal
Paul

Hi wayne and co, did lily manage to get the ice back to her room before it melted? We had a nice meal at Logan's ,so full we're having a pizza tonight by quiet pool.was great to see you,glad you had a nice meal
Paul

No, it melted half way up the stairs. Told her she would have to try find a bigger piece next time.:rotfl2:

Great report as always Wayne, that parasailing was a great idea for a birthday present :)

:goodvibes

This morning was a relaxing start to the day by the pool. Lunch at POFQ, massive pizza for myself and Matt.

DSC01333Medium.jpg

DSC01331Medium.jpg

DSC01332Medium.jpg

After lunch I drove to Cocoa Beach, Lily and Paul went in the ocean for a while. Then onto Port Canaveral to wave off the Disney Fantasy.
Arrived with time to have a drink and watch some of the days catch being filleted. Saw someone had caught a small shark. A little disappointed the ship did not play her tune until she was almost out of the port, usually happens at Grills where we stand.

DSC01369Medium.jpg

DSC01368Medium.jpg

IMG_5018Medium.jpg

This evening at Rain Forest Cafe AK. Considering I do not like noisy, busy restaurants I was expecting this to be a poor choice but suprisingly we all had a good evening, Karen shouting "Volcano" everytime one was brought out.
DSC01432Medium.jpg

DSC01431Medium.jpg

DSC01399Medium.jpg

DSC01419Medium.jpg

DSC01424Medium.jpg

DSC01425Medium.jpg

DSC01422Medium.jpg

DSC01426Medium.jpg

DSC01427Medium.jpg

DSC01429Medium.jpg

DSC01428Medium.jpg

End of evening Lily is still copying every move Matt makes, he takes a pic, she does the same.:goodvibes
P1010867Medium.jpg

Another great day by the looks of it :goodvibes
We've never headed over to see off one of the ships but it looks like a fun thing to do, especially if you combine it with a beach day :thumbsup2

After lunch I drove to Cocoa Beach, Lily and Paul went in the ocean for a while. Then onto Port Canaveral to wave off the Disney Fantasy.
Arrived with time to have a drink and watch some of the days catch being filleted. Saw someone had caught a small shark. A little disappointed the ship did not play her tune until she was almost out of the port, usually happens at Grills where we stand.

Is it the same place that you can watch the fishermans catch and see the Ship sail, ie Port Canaveral?

Its something that I would like to fit into this years trip, Hubby and Sons would love to see the fish gutting:crazy2: but dont have a clue where to drive too, where to park up, what time does the ship sail etc...

Would you kindly point me in the right direction Wayne:)

Annette x

food looks really good..
i've heard that the rainforest at AK is better than the one at DTD, so i guess it must be true...

i would love to watch one of the disney ships sailing away, but i'd have to find a partner in crime...wouldn't want to go there alone!! what's the fun in that?

copycat Lily is just adorable!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter