Mattress toppers: YES or NO??

hpfan7

Earning My Ears
I've heard that the beds at the DCP apartments are super uncomfortable. But the thing is, I don't want to spend money on something that I'll be using for 4 months and then store away forever.

So I was thinking, I have a full size comforter at home. Can I just take that with me, fold it in half, and sleep on top of it? Or bring a sleeping bag and use that as a mattress topper?

Would this be enough? Or should I just stop it with the makeshift craziness and just drop money on a good mattress topper?

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

I've heard that the beds at the DCP apartments are super uncomfortable. But the thing is, I don't want to spend money on something that I'll be using for 4 months and then store away forever.

So I was thinking, I have a full size comforter at home. Can I just take that with me, fold it in half, and sleep on top of it? Or bring a sleeping bag and use that as a mattress topper?

Would this be enough? Or should I just stop it with the makeshift craziness and just drop money on a good mattress topper?

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

I heard the same thing about the beds. I have a really thick mattress topper that I got for about $70 a few years ago, and it still works really good. You could probably use a comforter, but it'll move around in the night, and if you use a sleeping bag it'll crinkle all night each time you move. If I were you I would just buy a mattress topper so you dont have to worry about adjusting it all the time, and it goes underneath your sheets so you can still use sheets that you like. plus, once you finish your program you can bring the topper with you and use it in college or at home.

I found that a mattress topper was absolutely essential. Not so much because the bed felt uncomfortable without a topper (it wasn't good), but because the bed made the most obnoxious crinkling noises at the smallest movement. It even disturbed my roommate's sleep. So I got a cheapy topper as soon as I could. Although I never used it again, I don't regret that purchase. Disney works you hard, and it's difficult enough to get a good night's sleep without lying in a bed that crackles at you.

I cannot say strongly enough how necessary a mattress pad is. The beds are horrible. I fully understand not wanting to drop money on something you'll only be using for a few months but i have to urge to buy one. You won't regret it.

I not only had a regular mattress topper, I had a down feather topper atop that AND I went out to buy a full size egg crate topper I folded in half and put on the bed and it was still not that comfortable to me. The beds are beyond awful. You won't regret spending money on a couple of good mattress toppers, and then I'd still bring your comforter to lay down on top for extra cushion. Also, the beds are loud, any little movement makes loud squeaking or ruffling noises. It would wake me up. Mattress toppers help muffle that a little.

I bought a 4 inch thick topper with memory foam AND gel. It was pricey, got it from overstock.com for about 189. But I am also gonna be coming from an oversized king killer bed, and now sleeping a twin. I kind of went all out on my bed, because....I need it! Lol:)

The beds at my college are super uncomfortable and make crackly noises too! Through the past couple of years I've been slowly adding more and more toppers (I like really soft beds, so I basically hoard things for a nest :p ). I've got a feather topper, an eggcrate and an extra comforter layered under the sheets, and it's finally comfy enough to sleep on. I would say get at least a cheap topper (the eggcrates aren't too pricey) and then maybe layer it with that extra comforter. I haven't had a lot of trouble with mine shifting; I tend to just adjust it when I change and wash my sheets, so I think you'd be okay.

You should absolutely get a mattress topper, I got one at WalMart for about 10$ which did the job, it wasn't anything fancy, but totally worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter