• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mattress shopping tips?

Tempurpedic did not have a proper patent and all of the foam mattresses you can buy on Amazon or Overstock are made the same way. They are awesome and cheap. We have them for all our beds, and a lot of the guests who have slept on our guest beds have ordered ones for themselves.

That is what I understood as well. I got a King sized 14" thick foam mattress on Amazon for $600. Even included foam pillows too.

UGH..... we bought a mattress set from Sears less than 2 years ago......I HATE this mattress!!! (and I hate shopping Sears,but that's OT) anyway,I am considering getting DH onboard to try another mattress, the one we have has those troughs and I wake up daily with a sore back that's worse than when I go to bed!!!!:mad: I think it's the way it's made, the only solid firm spot is directly donw the center.....I am seriously considering trying sleep number for the different options for the 2 sides.... or maybe Costco,if they have a return policy....I am SO disappointed with our last purchase....what a waste of money! And FWIW, online reviews can be so misleading...what is one person's comfort is another's pain..... I don't know what to do- I don't want another expensive mistake!

Let me tell you a little story about buying mattresses.

So once, a few years back, my DH started complaining about our old mattress. Then he found a sale one new mattresses and worked to convince me to buy one. I finally conceded and we went shopping.

While we were buying the mattress, it occurred to me that DH was looking at Queen mattresses. "We don't have a queen bed," I commented. "Weeeelll...." he responded. Seems like after getting me to commit to a mattress he figured it would be easy to convince me to buy a new bed frame. After some wheedling, he convinced me.

We purchased the mattress and went to Ikea to look at bed frames. There was a particular frame I was fond of, so we bought it. As we were loading the disassembled bed frame pieces into our car it occurred to me that we would need to assemble the bed in our bedroom as it would not fit through our bedroom doors after assembly. In fact, we'd have to take everything out of our bedroom in order to have room to work. I mentioned to DH that this was probably the most sensible time to try and paint the bedroom (as we wouldn't want to move everything out and disassemble and reassemble the bed again in the future). He agreed, and we went to Home Depot to get paint.

So, after we moved all our furniture and started painting, I had another thought. I didn't own any Queen sized sheets! Back out to the stores to get 2 sheet sets that would fit our new bed and mattress.

And that's how DH convinced me to completely redecorate our bedroom and spend a heck of a lot of money....all because he wanted a new mattress.

Everyone I know with a foam mattress like Tempurpedic loves their mattress. Hope to get one soon. Will check Amazon as I like to see what people rate!

We need to buy new ones. We were thinking from Sam's or Costco. I need something for my aches and pains but have no idea whats best. Hubby keeps asking me if soft or firm is best and I have no clue.Anyone with back pain or stiffiness purchase one that you were happy with?

We need to buy new ones. We were thinking from Sam's or Costco. I need something for my aches and pains but have no idea whats best. Hubby keeps asking me if soft or firm is best and I have no clue.Anyone with back pain or stiffiness purchase one that you were happy with?

DH has a lot of back pain, which is why we are looking for a new mattress. Our last two mattresses have been different varieties of soft/plush mattresses, which did not seem to help his back. He went out of town last week and slept on a firm mattress, which he said was much better for his back. So, that's what we're looking for now. I prefer a soft mattress, so we tried the Sleep Number mattress of a while, but honesty the fact that it's basically just a glorified air mattress drove me crazy.

After doing some research we just bought a Leesa, which is a competitor to Casper. They were similar but Leesa had a couple of different features that I liked.

I really like it, but it sleeps too hot for DW's liking so we're probably going to return it. They have a 100-day return policy and they'll pick it up and donate it.

My advice is to actually lie down on the different mattress in various positions for a good long time. Don't just lie down, feel it, and get up. You've got to be on it for 15-20 minutes before you can make a decision about it.

My DH and I bought a few years back and we wanted a soft mattress and I wanted it more firm. It was tough, but we found one that fit our needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter