Matthew & Sarah E's Fairy Tale Wedding - 09.16.2011 - GF WP & Whitehall Room/Patio

Planning Journal - Door Hangers

DIY project.

SED_6319.jpg

SED_6321.jpg

SED_6323.jpg

Planning Journal - Ceremony Programs

These were actually printed on die cut paper that put them into a kinda fun shape.

FrontCeremonyProgram.jpg

BackCeremonyProgram.jpg

Thank you to the fellow DIS Board member who hand drew and shared the castle photo with Matthew.

Planning Journal - Guestbook

I do a little photography on the side... I designed a custom album printed by WHCC (photo lab) for our guests to sign incorporating photos of us and our kids from the start through our planning session in May 2011. I used the castle logo that a fellow DIS board member shared with Matthew in the design. Again, thank you so very much.

SED_6325.jpg

SED_6329.jpg

SED_6332.jpg

00_BookCover.jpg

(book cover)

01_Spread.jpg

02_Spread.jpg

03_Spread.jpg

04_Spread.jpg

05_Spread.jpg

06_Spread.jpg

07_Spread.jpg

08_Spread.jpg

09_Spread.jpg

10_Spread.jpg

11_Spread.jpg

12_Spread.jpg

13_Spread.jpg

14_Spread.jpg

15_Spread.jpg

Planning Journal - Pre-arrival Email to Guests

This was a lot of work to compose but our guests are telling us it has a lot of great info in it so we thought by sharing we may help out others.

--

Hello everyone..it is getting so close to Disney! We can hardly believe that it is just around the corner. This email will serve as the itinerary for the wedding day as well as other general information.

We warn you...this is long...it may make sense to print and bring with you, but please read everything first, especially #2 of our 5 tips in case you want to save money on pictures, and make sure you understand everything. If not, let us know.

First..our contact information…all of you should have at least one of these numbers but just in case, here they are:

Matt [cell phone number]
Sarah [cell phone numer]

So..after 5 trips, here are 5 things that we have found that we wish we knew the first time but have learned since then and hope that it helps you get the most of your visit. Step 2 is the ONLY one of these that would require you to do something before you leave for Disney to save a bit of $.

1 – Fast Pass…it’s your ticket to ride…or at least skip the long lines. Once you have a destination in mind, figure out what ‘must ride’ ride you have to go on and use your fast pass to get a ticket for a later time. When you get a Fast Pass it will include a “time window” on it. However, you can ride the ride at any time after the first time listed on the fast pass. Then, stand in line for that ride (So you can ride it twice)..or another ride that may have a shorter line. It’s amazing and we love it. All the parks have Fast Pass ride options for the most popular rides. At the Magic Kingdom you can even Fast Pass Mickey and the Princesses so you don’t have to wait in a long line! In Epcot it works great to get a fast pass for Soarin’ and ride Test Track then go back to Soarin’ (or vice versa). At Hollywood Studios it’s great on Toy Story (amazing ride for the whole family but Logan’s favorite hands down) and of course the Aerosmith Rockin’ Roller Coaster (Sarah & Matt’s favorite ride) and the Tower of Terror (Maddie’s favorite to date)! Take note of the fact that once you get a Fast Pass you won’t be “eligible” to get another one for two hours or so, so plan accordingly!

2 – Photo Pass…this is how you can STOP being the photographer for every family picture and get in the picture with your family. Sarah E. has actually gotten comfortable leaving her SLR at home because of Photo Pass. There are photographers around Disney World who are placed in front of characters, castles, great photo places who will take your picture and scan a card. That card links to the website where all your pictures are stored. You can purchase your pictures from there. A CD of all your pictures in printable resolution with full copyright rights..whether it’s 1 or 1,000 (yes, we have had 1,000+ before) is $150. If you buy before you go (note you MUST PRE-ORDER to get this deal), you can get that CD for $99.95 (or $149.95 for the CD and a Disney Photo Book Souvenir keepsake album that you design with your photos). Here is the link: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx . It’s a great deal that, for us, has paid for itself over and over again. In fact, we just bought this tonight. Honestly, if you think you’ll get 15-20 great pictures, it’s worth it as 5x7 prints are $14.99 each. Even if you don’t buy the CD, PLEASE get a card, get pictures…and get IN the pictures. Send us a picture of your card or your card number so maybe we may buy some of the pictures you have taken to complete the album that Sarah will eventually put together.

3 – Magic Express…this is such a genius concept. If you are staying on Disney property, checking bags is no trouble. Keep what you will need for your first few hours in your carry-on luggage, then check the rest. When your plane lands, you can go right to the Magic Express departure point. There are maps all over the place and your paperwork that you have received by now will show you how to get there. Disney will pick up your bags and baggage claim and bring them right to your resort where they should arrive about 3 hours after you get to your hotel. It’s easy, simple and stress free..so go out and enjoy yourself. On the way home, you can check your baggage directly at your hotel front desk all the way to your final location. The hotels have airline check in and collect fees and process the paperwork for you. You stash your checked baggage with them, then either store with bell services or carry with you, your carry-on luggage and enjoy the day. Your bags will arrive at your final destination. So, go ahead and check your bag…with the exception of fees some airlines charged, it is the easiest way to get your luggage to/from Disney.

4 – Snack Credits…these are the little extras that are a part of your dining plan. If you purchased a Disney dining plan for your trip, which we have found is the most cost efficient way to eat at Disney, you will have 1 snack credit per person per NIGHT of your stay. Somehow, we always manage to come up with extra unused snack credits. So use them…you will be amazed at what they can be used for. Water bottles in the parks, ice cream, rice krispy treats, dole whip bars, etc. There are so many things. At any snack or food vendor, just look for the Disney Dining Plan symbol and if it’s there, you can use your snack credits.

5 – Disney Magic…if there’s one thing that even now, we never expect but always seem to find, it’s Disney Magic. It can be anywhere, everywhere and come to you unexpectedly. It hits all of us, young and young at heart! There are so many ways that it can happen, we can’t list them all here, but we hope you see it the way we always do and those are the things that stand out. For us, we have already had some for this trip! Getting that RSVP card from each and every one of you with the ‘Yes, we will attend’ checked was the first part of our Disney Magic and we can’t thank you enough for being a part of it. We hope you find yours, too…and when you do, be sure to tell us about it. For you, you can start it off by getting pins from your hotel or from the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. They have buttons that say ‘1st Visit!’ or even ‘Celebrating’ and for Dan and Annie, especially, they have some for Anniversaries. Of course, even if it’s not your 1st visit or your anniversary, you are all there celebrating our wedding and can get a button and start the magic! Cast members and other guests always comment on your buttons and it’s a fun way to stand out.

THE ITINERARY

Ok…most people are getting to Disney on Wednesday so we thought we would let you know what is going on for us. We are so excited you all are coming and can’t wait to see you, but we also understand that this might be your family’s vacation time and you have your own plans. So, the best thing, we thought, was to let you know where we would be on which days and hopefully we will see you at some point during the trip. Of course we have tons of fun planned on Friday night so if we don’t catch up until then, we hope you have fun. We can’t tell you enough how special and amazing it is for us to have you there for our wedding!

[Inserted our tentative trip itinerary here as well as all necessary timing/details for wedding day]

PARK INFORMATION

All the parks have different hours and different times and for most of you, who stayed on Disney property, you have the ability to experience Extra Magic Hours, which allow you to be in a designated park an hour before normal opening time or 3 hours after normal closing time. Each day, a different park will have EMH available. A link to the times for each park, including those Extra Magic Hours is here:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/

After you the input the dates for your visit, each park’s hours and EMH will be listed so you can plan what you’re going to do and how late or early you’re going to do it.

Additionally, keep in mind that the parks are huge and it takes a bit more time than you might think to get in/out and wait for the monorail or boat or bus to get to where you are going. Since many of our events, not including the wedding, are in EPCOT, walking through the World Showcase is a long walk, and takes time even though the map may make them look close together.

So, that’s all we have. Sorry this was so long, but we had so much information to share and we wanted you to have it all in one place. We wanted to give you the itinerary, pointing out key dates and times. As always, call or text us with questions or concerns. We cannot wait for the day to get here.

As Mickey would say….’See ya real soon!’

Love,
Matthew and Sarah

Planning Journal - Kiddo Wedding Gifts

* 1 Share of Disney Stock (www.oneshare.com), framed.
* Ariel Bride Doll (Flower Girl)
* “Tuxedo” Mickey Plush (Ring Bearer)

SED_6352.jpg

SED_6350.jpg

Planning Journal - Some Other Random Stuff!

SED_6363.jpg

(our cake cutter, a gift from my mom when we got engaged)

SED_6368.jpg

(goodbye favors for reception)

SED_6354.jpg

(love these... I think I'm wearing for wedding day... a gift from my bachelorette party)

SED_6418.jpg

(adorable bracelet I'm going to give Maddie for the wedding day to match her dress)

SED_6411.jpg

(my something old... a purse that used to be my great aunt's)

SED_6415.jpg

(Matt's suspenders and bow tie for his Tux (from Nordstroms)

SED_6417.jpg

(MIZ-ZOU. we aren't doing a garter at the reception bit cute touch for Matthew)

That's all for now. :) I'm sure I've forgotten something... I'll keep posting as I remember and will of course post a Trip Report post the wedding!

Wow! I love, love, LOVE everything about your wedding! It looks like it is going to be absolutely adorable!!!

Are you using disney videography. I got married in June and too am waiting for them to add Today was a Fairytale by Taylor Swift...grr!

I love your hangers! I did a double take because we have the same last names :)

You kiddos are too cute! I love the pictures of them together..especially the ones of the holding hands, with their backs to the camera looking at the castle!

And you have Regina!!! She is simply AMAZING! I love every single picture she took of us (engagement, wedding, and the sneak peeks I've seen so far of our MK shoot) and will be using her again someday when we have kids!

I can't wait to see more about your wedding but it so makes me want to come steal a peek of it in real life!

Wow Sarah! Everything looks amazing!!! I can't believe your wedding is next week! You must be freaking out! lol...but it looks like you have everything organized so you must be pretty calm and collected as well! I have a question....what style number or name is the flower girl's dress? I love it!

Wow! I love, love, LOVE everything about your wedding! It looks like it is going to be absolutely adorable!!!

Are you using disney videography. I got married in June and too am waiting for them to add Today was a Fairytale by Taylor Swift...grr!

I love your hangers! I did a double take because we have the same last names :)

You kiddos are too cute! I love the pictures of them together. Especially the ones of the holding hands, with their backs to the camera looking at the castle!

And you have Regina!!! She is simply AMAZING! I love every single picture she took of us (engagement, wedding, and the sneak peeks I've seen so far of our MK shoot) and will be using her again someday when we have kids!

I can't wait to see more about your wedding but it so makes me want to come steal a peek of it in real life!

Thank you so very much! I owe lots of kudos to Matthew too. He was honestly enthusiastic and such a part of the planning it has made the whole planning experience so wonderful.

We are using Disney for videography too. They mentioned to us that there was at least one other couple "holding off" in hopes of Taylor Swift coming through. I wonder if that was you guys?!?! If there were just a little pixie dust I could toss I'd toss it there for us and all the other couples that want the song!

The kiddos really are so amazing. We agree that they are adorable (but we are obviously biased!). Thank you. It's amazing how the magic of Disney in a child's eyes gets you right in the heart! This whole experience wouldn't be the same without them. You pinpointed my favorite pic of them in the MK to date. ;) It was the stamp on our invitations!

We honestly were so excited when we heard we got Regina that I'm pretty sure the neighbors heard our excitement! :cheer2: We are so glad to hear more and more Regina kudos.

Oh, and about the hangers... I saw a photo on the blog (or maybe on Facebook?) a few weeks ago I think that had a Mrs. Howell hanger in it and I pointed it out to Matt and said how funny I thought it was. I wonder if that was you? I'm going to go peek around and try to figure that out. How funny!

Thanks again for your sweet words! I honestly couldn't feel more blessed to have the opportunity to experience this all with Matthew and the kiddos... so happy we have so many friends and family coming to celebrate with us.

Wow Sarah! Everything looks amazing!!! I can't believe your wedding is next week! You must be freaking out! lol...but it looks like you have everything organized so you must be pretty calm and collected as well! I have a question....what style number or name is the flower girl's dress? I love it!

Wow, thank you so very much. I know, we can't believe it is next week either. It honestly sneaks up on you and I'm nearing the point where I want to hit the pause button because even the anticipation right now is so much fun!

Here is a link to Maddie's flower girl dress! http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/frothy-tulle-dress/productinfo/33657/

It is called the "frothy tulle dress" This is the description and style #:
We all have a special dress from our childhood that we've never forgotten. Here's one for your own daughter. A frothy confection covered with tiers of soft tulle, from white to various shades of pink. It's topped with a flower embellishment. Polyester. Dry clean. Imported.
$58.00

Thank you so very much! I owe lots of kudos to Matthew too. He was honestly enthusiastic and such a part of the planning it has made the whole planning experience so wonderful.

We are using Disney for videography too. They mentioned to us that there was at least one other couple "holding off" in hopes of Taylor Swift coming through. I wonder if that was you guys?!?! If there were just a little pixie dust I could toss I'd toss it there for us and all the other couples that want the song!

The kiddos really are so amazing. We agree that they are adorable (but we are obviously biased!). Thank you. It's amazing how the magic of Disney in a child's eyes gets you right in the heart! This whole experience wouldn't be the same without them. You pinpointed my favorite pic of them in the MK to date. ;) It was the stamp on our invitations!

We honestly were so excited when we heard we got Regina that I'm pretty sure the neighbors heard our excitement! :cheer2: We are so glad to hear more and more Regina kudos.

Oh, and about the hangers... I saw a photo on the blog (or maybe on Facebook?) a few weeks ago I think that had a Mrs. Howell hanger in it and I pointed it out to Matt and said how funny I thought it was. I wonder if that was you? I'm going to go peek around and try to figure that out. How funny!

Thanks again for your sweet words! I honestly couldn't feel more blessed to have the opportunity to experience this all with Matthew and the kiddos... so happy we have so many friends and family coming to celebrate with us.

For the videography, it was probably me! I'm hoping for either that song, the Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World mix by Israel somethingorother (the hawaiin sounding song) or even any disney song!!

And the hanger probably was mine! It was purple and they posted a picture of it on the DFTW Facebook page.

For the videography, it was probably me! I'm hoping for either that song, the Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World mix by Israel somethingorother (the hawaiin sounding song) or even any disney song!!

And the hanger probably was mine! It was purple and they posted a picture of it on the DFTW Facebook page.

It was! I've looked at your photos. Amazing. Simply beautiful!

It sounds like you two are going to have an awesome wedding! I can't wait to read your report and see those wedding pictures! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter