• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Math Minds HELP I Am Checking Out Today

mickey2minnie1

DIS Veteran
BB - we are 5 adults (Me DH DS20 DS 17 and DD14) and want to stay at Poly CL next July 4th. We usually don't do Hoppers but could, nor desserts after meals.

Is FD the way to go, or what would a RO discount need to be to be better? With FD we would have to do RO.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
You can always book the bounce back (if it's even available for what you want). Then if a RO discount appears you could decide if the discount is enough to drop the free dining. For our family of me, DH, DD15 & DS 17 the dining plan is always a better deal at a moderate. We would spend about $150 a day for our family for food so there's no way we'd save that on the room price. We always get hoppers anyway so that's never factored in.

BB - we are 5 adults (Me DH DS20 DS 17 and DD14) and want to stay at Poly CL next July 4th. We usually don't do Hoppers but could, nor desserts after meals.

Is FD the way to go, or what would a RO discount need to be to be better? With FD we would have to do RO.

Thanks!!
I realize that this may be too late to help you, but I crunched the numbers anyway. I choose trip dates of July 1 to 7, 2017, Poly Club level garden view for 5 adults. The room only cost is $5,358. The value of free dining for 5 adults for 6 days is $2,019.90. You would need to get a 38% discount on the room to equal the value of the free dining. But a 35% discount and not buying park hoppers and eating at fewer table service restaurants, then you might be better off taking the 35% discount. But when you get down to 30 % or less than free dining could be a better deal than a room discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter