maternity notes and disney world

Lynn2205

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for some guidance. I will be 22 weeks pregnant when when visit Disney world I hear conflicting advice. I was told to the my maternity notes to Florida which is fine but I was then I was also told to take them in my bag to every park. Others have told me that I don't need to and to leave them in the safe. My midwife said it could help but it was up to me. What would/ did you do?

I had to google what a maternity note was. They aren't common in the US. I guess taking them with you wouldn't be a bad idea in case anything would happen during your trip, they would have your history handy.

I had to google it, too.

I guess it could be helpful in an emergency. If you're going to bring them, you should bring a copy, not the original.

I traveled overseas when I was pregnant and brought my prenatal info with me as well. I was in Italy at the time and I just kept the info in my hotel room and told the person that I was travelling with where to find it. (It was a business trip) Perhaps, you could take photos of the information and keep copies on your phone / ipad?

Bring ALL your medical, insurance, Dr, and medicine info. Leave it in the room and whoever you are traveling with can get it. It is what we do when we travel. All info is in one place.

Enjoy your trip and hopefully you won't need the info ;)

Sorry, I had assumed you called them the same in the us. I was planning to photocopy my prenatal records and carry them into the parks as my husband and I will not always be with each other. I plan to shop whilst he rides the attractions that are on the pregnancy banned list

I'm looking for some guidance. I will be 22 weeks pregnant when when visit Disney world I hear conflicting advice. I was told to the my maternity notes to Florida which is fine but I was then I was also told to take them in my bag to every park. Others have told me that I don't need to and to leave them in the safe. My midwife said it could help but it was up to me. What would/ did you do?

I would not be carrying medical records around the park just 'in case'. If you want to bring them with you, leave them in the hotel. Take a photo of them with your smart phone and email them to yourself and your husband. If there is a medical emergency and the doctors 'need' the paperwork (which I can't imagine they would need to see the actual paperwork, as that is something we don't carry around here in the US), you can either show them the photos on your smart phone, your spouse or you can forward the email to them, or your spouse could grabe the actual paperwork from the hotel and bring it to the hospital.

To be honest, I think you are overthinking this, but I did the same thing when I was pregnant, so I understand.

lol i am overthinking everything at the minute and going into slight panic mode. thank you for your thoughts, i will take them but leave them in the safe. my husband knows they will be there but taking photos of it is a good idea.

First off, congratulations on your pregnancy! One thing I would look into is your travel medical insurance. You will need to make sure that it will cover any pregnancy-related medical expenses. I know mine would not cover anything within 9 weeks of the due date, which prevented me from going to a conference in the US at 30 weeks. For what it's worth, I carried my prenatal records with me at all times when we went to Utah during my second trimester. We were hiking in some pretty remote areas and we wanted to have the paperwork on me if we needed it. Thankfully it was not needed.

I guess I live on the edge. I went last year at 20 weeks and brought nothing with me. The thought didn't even actually cross my mind.

What exactly is in the paperwork that couldn't be figured out by a doctor at a hospital? Vitals would be taken at the hospital, an ultrasound would be done, etc. Unless there is some complication you already know about that does not show up on a regular ultrasound, I'd not worry a bit about bringing appointment results with you to the US. If there's an issue (placenta or baby) I'd be wary of even travelling here - long plane flight!

I would only bring them if there was a medical issue that would need to be known by a Dr. But, if your pregnancy is normal, there is no point other than your peace of mind. Since your mid-wife says it's up to you, I'm guessing that is her reason and not a medical one.

I had my 20 week ultrasound scan yesterday and was told my pregnancy was normal and no concerns. I think I will carry a photocopy just for my piece of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter