• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Matching TShirts at a low cost

My2Angels

Mickey Moms Club member
Okay all of you budget minded friends......I need matching tshirts for our Thanksgiving Grand Gathering that will not break the bank. I went to Zazzle, and the Disney Store and they are just too expensive!! We have 10 people, but my sister just divorced and was left with nothing so I wanted to buy them all myself. I just cannot spend much more now.........Any advice?:confused3

Not "official" disney stuff, but how about some craft store tees and that iron-on paper for the printer.

I made shirts once for a home business using the stuff and it worked really well.

Good luck!

Go to AC Moore's w/ Sunday paper coupons- T-shirts for all are like $2.99 a piece (thereabouts) and you can do as pp stated and decorate them yourself- Great idea would be to put # or a Family name on the back and decorate the front w/ mickey tie dye heads- or something of the sort (check the creative disboards) Get everyone Lime Green or another color that everyone can wear and you can find sizes of- use iron letters/numbers or make your own on word and transfer paper (I say a # or family name so a stranger can't prey on the kids if they see their name posted on their backs) but you all can identify each other from the back from someone else at the park wearing a red t-shirt, i.e. And check out the directions on Creative Dis for the tie dye OR ask one of the crafty ones over there to create some designs with names on front or something similar- you can use computer transfer by HP or Avery and make them all in a weekend! & Will be a keepsake as well! Good Luck!

We buy ours on Ebay. There is a store...sibling t's and she makes great Disney shirts with the family figures and names on it, cheap. She also does tote bags. They wash up well.

$3 to $5 Hanes t-shirts from Walmart with Disney Patches from eBay always works for me!

Not "official" disney stuff, but how about some craft store tees and that iron-on paper for the printer.

I made shirts once for a home business using the stuff and it worked really well.

Good luck!

I second this, you can get t-shirts for under $5 each and iron on paper that goes right through your printer. Look on the creatvie DISigns thread and you can find some cute things to print out.

If you have an idea what you want I would be willing to design something for you and send it to you.

How about something like this with your family name...
mickeythanx.gif

I second this, you can get t-shirts for under $5 each and iron on paper that goes right through your printer. Look on the creatvie DISigns thread and you can find some cute things to print out.

If you have an idea what you want I would be willing to design something for you and send it to you.

How about something like this with your family name...
mickeythanx.gif

I agree with iron ons. I used the Creative Disboard and a lot of help from those great designers. I made 60 shirts for $260. That includes the t'shirts from jiffyshirts.com, iron-ons and ink for my printer. I absolutely love my shirts and no one else with have them becuase they were all personalized for us. What ever you decide...Good luck:goodvibes

I did something simmlar by buying Iron on micky mouses ($5 for 6 large ones) at walmart. Ironed those on and bought me a fabric pen ($3 at walmart) and wrote the other stuff on the back. Worked out well and Wash even better

The designers on the Creative DISigns thread are awesome... you are sure to find something there! I have too many designs and am trying to narrow it down! It is not hard to do the shirts yourself, even kind of fun!

A few years ago we bought bright orange t's at wal-mart and got some iron on transfers from ebay. worked great and the bright orange was easy to spot in a crowd.

I'd spring for the $5 Disney tees. I also found some at one point for $2.99 (kids).

To me, the $3 for the Hanes tee at Michaels or AC Moore + iron on transfers (come like 10 to a box, but around $10 I think) + time plus the fact that I will probably mess up the first one makes the $5 one from TDS a bargain.

Ok here are some shirts we made for our trip:

There are our cruise logo, we made them for $3.70 each
T shirt $2.50 Transfer $1.20
Pict0161.jpg

Pirate T shirts for guys and boys, I made 2 adult and 2 boys for $18.00
Pict0142.jpg

T shirts and Pirate Iron ons from AC Moore!

We also made ones for MNSSHP I dont have pics of them yet

Here are the Tye Dye Mickey ones, they didnt come out that great
Pict0146.jpg

GO TO Creative DISigns, here on the Dis, the girls over there are amazing, they will even make you customize things, that suits your family, and they are so easy to make

Good luck

You all have GREAT ideas! Thank you so so much! I knew I could count on my DISboard friends!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter