Matching T-shirts for family for cruise?

snowsue1

Mouseketeer
Has anyone bought matching T shirts for family for cruise?

Where did you buy them?

Do a lot of famiiles do this?

We're doing this for our cruise. In fact, a lot of us from our meet group are getting matching tee-shirts. My fiance got them for us, so I don't know where he went or what he did, but I'll see if he can post some links for places online. I think he looked online, but then ended up getting them at a regular "brick and mortar" store where he lives, but I'll have him post what he knows on the subject here. ;)

Hi snowsue1! :wave:

The :disrocks: and a belated welcome!

I've seen that you have started 8 thread's now, but you haven't been back to comment on them since.
This isn't me flaming you or meant to be hostile in anyway :flower3:, but it is good manners on an internet forum to reply to post's in a thread you start, or at least say thanks for the help in replying to my question :)

I Hope your finding out load's of valuable information, and the FAQ sticky
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966 has tonnes more information and great for someone who has never cruise before!

Also the cruise meet's thread is a great place to meet up with fellow DIS'er's if you would like to meet up or arrange to get some t-shirt's made!
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

I hope the link's are usefull in some of your future questions!
All the best for your future cruise and info seeking! :)

Ex Techie :)

I apologize for not responding to answered post. It never entered my mind.

I am overwhlemed by so much to learn before taking my first cruise that I have been spending all my time just reading and reading.

In the future I will respond to those answering my questions.

I made tie-dyed mickey mouse shirts for my family. They are in different colors. I think they turned out pretty good.

I apologize for not responding to answered post. It never entered my mind.

I am overwhlemed by so much to learn before taking my first cruise that I have been spending all my time just reading and reading.

In the future I will respond to those answering my questions.

No problems!:goodvibes

Glad your getting so much useful info! But remember to breath! :rotfl2:
When I've posted on other thread's before I've found it helpful to write down questions as I have them over a day or two and then post them all at once, as it's helped me answer a lot of questions all at once and the answers posted have also given me questions about the answers!

Happy posting and looking forward to your first "I've booked a cruise" post! :)

Ex Techie :)

We're doing this for our cruise. In fact, a lot of us from our meet group are getting matching tee-shirts. My fiance got them for us, so I don't know where he went or what he did, but I'll see if he can post some links for places online. I think he looked online, but then ended up getting them at a regular "brick and mortar" store where he lives, but I'll have him post what he knows on the subject here. ;)

As a first time t-shirt designer I think I will be quite pleased with the results. However, feel free learn from my experiences below :)

1) Read all the fine print on the website/ad before you pick a t-shirt provider (minimum quantities, shipping fees, and turnaround times are an important thing to know before you take the time to design a t-shirt on a website. If something sounds too good to be true, you may check the BBB reputation of the business first.

2) Consider a local vendor. Sometimes you'll get better service. However, email them your design and call them and ask them if they can do what you are looking for, then check for understanding. Save your gas money by only making one trip over there to pick up the shirts instead of two.

3) If you do get it printed locally, make sure you set a clear expectation on when you'd like to pick it up. Wouldn't it be awful if the t-shirt printer was closed on the day before you leave town to get married. It's a good thing I will have a day or two when i get back before our cruise.

4) If you or someone you know is tech savvy and someone in the household is "iron savvy" you might consider an iron on t-shirt transfer. It gives you a chance to get very creative and save money and time too :)

3) If you do get it printed locally, make sure you set a clear expectation on when you'd like to pick it up. Wouldn't it be awful if the t-shirt printer was closed on the day before you leave town to get married. It's a good thing I will have a day or two when i get back before our cruise.

This is what you get for waiting until a week before the wedding to get the tee-shirts made!!! :mad:

Love,

Your wife-to-be-in-4-days :lovestruc

:cutie:

I made the shirts for our upcoming cruise myself. I buy Avery dark t-shirt transfers (Walmart has them), and just design them on the computer, print them off, then iron them on. I like the dark transfers because they look more like silkscreen and are easier to care for. :laundy:

Why order, I just made 9 for my family. By t-shirts you want, find a magnet design you like, personalize it, put on transfer, and iron on. This was the first time I did it, and the turned out great. Hope this helps.

Why order, I just made 9 for my family. By t-shirts you want, find a magnet design you like, personalize it, put on transfer, and iron on. This was the first time I did it, and the turned out great. Hope this helps.

How were you able to personalize it? I've seen great designs but often don't want to bother the designers to personalize for a family of 6. Is there a way I could do it on my own?

Thanks in advance.

You need to do a design program, I use paint.net, you need to down load a Disney font, you need to use magnet design that you like. Open new window for blank page and size to 8.5-11 the size of the transfer. The open design and add to your blank page. You need to press control c and control a. Move to the blank page and press control a, and v at the same time, and this will transfer to the blank. You must size your design before you do this. Is better to put your Disney font on you design before as well. I'm not sure if I'm explaining well.
I hope some one could help explain it better. I know I saw an explanation on one of the magnet threads. I hope I helped a little.

Hi there! I sew, and I have been busy making matching shirts for our family of 5. If I can, I'd like to make shirts for each day of our cruise. We'll see what all I can get done! I'm also sewing matching pirate night sets and Halloween costumes. It seems like I had a year - and then just a month and a half - in the blink of an eye!

I plan on getting matching shirts for my family. I was thinking that we would wear them on the first day of the cruise! I bought us all shirts from "The Incredibles" when we went to WDW and they were a hit! And we got alot of attention from the cast.

We had a big group that just got off the Wonder in Alaska. We did custom shirts and they were a big hit. We had a DISer help with the design for the back and we had INKtastic make them for us. Vistaprint does shirts as well but we had 10 month old girls we need to make some for and Vistaprint only does adult shirts. We also had to make a shirt last minute and found a local guy the did it out of his garage who gave us a good price. You might even want to Google. "custom t shirts" and your city name and see what pops up;) Good Luck!!!!

Here are the shirts we did:
DSC_0005.jpg
[/IMG]

We ordered them from zazzle.com

Our shirts from our Dream Cruise back in May.
DSCN2213.jpg

Millipie made the design and I used a printing shop to make the shirts. It's not a good closeup but it is the 4 deck chair design with our names on the chairs and our date on the life preserver.

These were our matching shirts (YDD had a dress that she wore w/ black leggings) for the Christmas Cruise in 2010:

DSC_0021.jpg

These were the matching shirts we wore to MNSSHP last Halloween (again, YDD's was a dress):

Fall2010-126.jpg

We had these for our All Girls Cruise:

P7260026.jpg

We've done other things as well, but those were just shirts that I bought from the Disney Store that all matched.

HTHs! :)

These were our matching shirts (YDD had a dress that she wore w/ black leggings) for the Christmas Cruise in 2010:

DSC_0021.jpg

These were the matching shirts we wore to MNSSHP last Halloween (again, YDD's was a dress):

Fall2010-126.jpg

We had these for our All Girls Cruise:

P7260026.jpg

We've done other things as well, but those were just shirts that I bought from the Disney Store that all matched.

HTHs! :)

I love the tie dye shirts!!! Where on earth did you get them from??

zazzle.com didn't have a problem printing Mickey stuff? I'm just wondering for copyright reasons...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter