Matching Shirts

Peanut&Piglet'sMom

Mouseketeer
We just got back from our week long trip and I just HAD to say....

If you are trying to decide whether or not to do matching t-shirts for your family/group...I say GO FOR IT!!!! And the more unique, the better!!!

We made the tye-dye Mickey Head shirts (as seen here on this forum) and wore them on our day in Epcot. We got soooo many compliments from CM's, characters and people passing by. The CM's loved that they could instantly see that we had 4 in our group. The characters commented or cheered/clapped for them and so many other people asked where Igot them or how I made them. Naturally I steered them here, to the DIS. :thumbsup2

We wore similar shirts or outfits that matched in color or theme during the other days on our trip but nothing went over as big as those tye-dye shirts.

So...thank you to whoever originally thought up that idea!:yay:

How 'bout stealth shirts? ;)

My DH is resigned to wearing the tie-dye shirts I've made for us (although not one set for each day) but my parents are coming up from southern FL to visit the parks with us for 2 days, and I just finished making them matching tie-dye shirts as well! My mother will go for it, but my dad won't wear anything "flashy." To him, and I will say he's 78 years old, "flashy" is anything bolder than solid navy. (His entire wardrobe is navy, now that I think of it.) Anyway, I toned down his shirt (was bright blue & white) by filling in the white parts with navy, so now it's blue & navy. I may fill in my mother's white part to tone hers down as well. After all, we've got to match!

I'm not going to tell them about the shirts until they get there. It should make for some really fun pictures, though. A good one for the Christmas cards, I'm thinking....

We only did the matching shirts one day on our 7 day trip and now I wish we had done it every day! It made finding everyone so much easier and the photos are really good. Next time we go I'm thinking of three t-shirts each and doing laundry to cover 6 days in the parks. Will make packing and deciding what to wear so much easier. The kids can pick the colour each morning.

I ran that by my kids but they said NO. Since they are 19 and 22 I really can't make them. Seriously I think it is a great idea if your kid are younger. Actually my daughter works for a day care and she made shirts for all of them to wear on field trips. Makes keeping track of them much easier. :yay:

I did this last year and our group photos really looked nice. I tried the tie dye shirts and I am not real happy with my results. I may be making another trip to the Disney Store! I can hope for clearance like last year!

Here are the shirts that were a hit!

IMG_1522.jpg

I also made these. Tye-dye with a Fairy transfer from my computer on them.

IMG_1345.jpg

Here are the shirts that were a hit!

IMG_1522.jpg

I also made these. Tye-dye with a Fairy transfer from my computer on them.

IMG_1345.jpg

NICE job on the shirts!!!

I've been a few times and done matching color shirts and have found it's a GREAT!! With really big groups, it's easier to keep eyeballs on everyone (especially the little ones). Even without a big group, we found that CM's pay more attention to folks who have taken that little bit of effort.

We had a 17 year old on the last trip - she had been once before @ 14 when we did matching shirts, and she had refused to go along. The CM's made a funny comment to her on all the days she didn't match on that last trip, and it must have made an impression, because she went along with the scheme this trip!

It's not geekery when you're at Disney!!

I really like to do at least my three kids matching b/c it lets others know that we are together (and that way one kid doesn't get cut off in the crowd when exiting an attraction!!) My boys are identical and I NEVER dress them alike....unless we are at Disney!

THEY ARE GREAT!!!!

How did you get the mickey heads on the front?? I would LOVE to do that for our Christmas trip this year!!

Thanks for the great idea!!

How do you make these tie die Mickey shirts?? They are great....I am a little "craft challenged" so if you could give me detailed instructions or where to find the instructions...thanks so much!!

aww those are cool. I just could never get DH to agree to tiedye. He has agreed to matching shirts though.

I made some tshirts with self printed transfers. They look really nice and are professional looking! We are wearing them in 2 weeks. I will post the photos when we do.::MinnieMo

my kids always "match" I try to coordinate but DH was not into it until last trip.
2 years ago I had 2 DD's in the Disney Store Hawaiian dresses and DS in the hawaiian shirt I wore the mens hawaiian shirt too (not good at dresses) we were waiting for a parade and a CM came around picking people to do some game she grabbes me my kids and some random guy who happened to have on the same shirt as the rest of our family. ever since then DH has been better about at least going with the same color. :rotfl:

So how cold is it in December? I assume short sleeve t-shirts would not be a good option? Would long sleeve t-shirts be ok? Sweatshirts?

TIA!

So how cold is it in December? I assume short sleeve t-shirts would not be a good option? Would long sleeve t-shirts be ok? Sweatshirts?

TIA!

Dec can be anything from short-sleeve shirts & shorts to long-sleeves with jeans & a jacket! We've stuck with short-sleeve t-shirts and just got everyone a long-sleeve white t-shirt to layer underneath if it's a cooler day. The layered shirt look is in and since we travel to Disney frequently in different seasons this gives us the most flexibility to have matching shirts in all weather!

I wouldn't want my matching t-shirts to be long-sleeved or sweatshirts because if it turned out to be warmer then we couldn't wear them!

We've gone twice in December and both times we needed layers. It was chilly in the morning (like 40's and 50's) but by 11 a.m. it was quite warm and humid so we were back to T-shirts and shorts. Things can vary widely at that time of year.

I think it is a cool idea!
We are doing matching shirts for our grand gathering, but we will have different colors ON our shirts so signify different families!

Ie. The shirts have mickey ears and each of the ears are either blue, yellow, red or green depening on the family

Why not cheese out at Disney!? I mean you can't really do it anywhere else and get away with it, right?!;)

Last year was our first attempt at matching t-shirts. My DH was not happy about the idea. Instead of the same design as the rest of us, I bought him a shirt in the same color and put a DISign of Grumpy and "I don't do matching shirts" on it. He got more compliments than any of us. Guests and CMs were pointing and laughing at our group all day, which he loved! He's agreed to do more matching shirts this year.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter