• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Matching Shirts in WDW

Our last trip we had matching shirts for one day. We leave in September for our 2nd trip and I'm making matching shirts for the entire 7 days. Love all the ideas. We loved matching last time. I'm trying to talk the grandparents into matching with us. Maybe I'll just make a couple of shirts for them anyway.

Am I the only mom who tries to get the family to wear something that matches while in the parks in each day?:rolleyes1

I'm excited to do it for our August trip!!! We got 'noticed' by CM's left and right and we loved it!!! Not to mention it was easy to find everyone when/if we split up.

For our last trip to WDW - in 2009 - we made matching tye dye Mickey shirts which we wore on our Epcot Day. Yes, all 4 of us!!! My husband had even helped in making the shirts. :hug: such a good man!;)

My 2 DD's and I wore "Fairies" shirts on a MK, Cinderella shirts on the other MK day....We all wore a character shirt that was a similar color to DHS...

Yes, we are THAT family! :)

Any other families out there???? ;)

::SIGH::

Sadly, we too are one of those families. At first, I thought it was silly when my wife suggested this, but over the years it has become a family tradition. We now have a variety of matching shirts depending on the situation and always have at least one or two new ones each year. We wear/have worn the annual WDW logo shirt, whichever it is that year, we have first visit shirts from my DD's first time, we have matching themed shirts such as Perry the Plataypus, birthday shirts, anniversary shirts, and this year it will be my DS's 1st visit.

I am sure this tradition will go on for years to come, so just remember that you are not alone out there. :cool1:

Ok so I got a yudu machine. I've had it for almost a week and just finished my first shirt!!!! I LOVE THE YUDO! Any who, i was just going to make one matching shirt set for the trip... yeah... we'll probably have a shirt for every day. This is my first design. The yellow is actually "Glow in the Dark" yellow :) The picture doesn't even give the shirt justice to how vibrant the colors are :)
FinishedPumpkinShirt.jpg

I have a second design I finished and can't wait to see what that one looks like in print and I already have a 3rd idea brewing just haven't had time to play with photo shop. This is my first time using photo shop too so I'm VERY pleased with my end result!

I CAN't WAIT TILL OCTOBER!

This is our second trip and we really want to better coordinate for our pictures.

577327_10150729050264111_1354266122_n.jpg

we are matching shirt freaks. The 3 boys always match at any big park we go to (disney, sesame place, etc)... for safety - making it easier to keep an eye on them all.

at disney we had one day where we all matched- i made these mickey shirts - my husband is a good sport and wore it with no complaints :)

So I just finished screen printing another test shirt design.

What do you think?
WeBeliveinMagic.jpg

I think i'm going to change the color of our family name at the bottem. But I think it turned out pretty cute!

Matching shirts has always been a sore spot with me. As a parent of twins I want my kids to have their own identity. I cringe when I see kids dressed in matching outfits. It seems that parents of twins are the biggest offender of this. My kids, with their extreamly bright red hair, attract more than enough attention. I don't need to dress them alike to make it even more obvious.

All that being said, I can't wait for our trip and we will be dressing the kids and possibly the whole family in matching shirts. WDW is one of the few places where this would be a good idea to dress everyone the same.

This was our first trip having matching shirts. You can't see the it clearly but Mickey has all of our names to make up Mickey.

396850_404599446241791_1238389764_n.jpg

Matching shirts has always been a sore spot with me. As a parent of twins I want my kids to have their own identity. I cringe when I see kids dressed in matching outfits. It seems that parents of twins are the biggest offender of this. My kids, with their extreamly bright red hair, attract more than enough attention. I don't need to dress them alike to make it even more obvious.

All that being said, I can't wait for our trip and we will be dressing the kids and possibly the whole family in matching shirts. WDW is one of the few places where this would be a good idea to dress everyone the same.

What sold DH on matching shirts is one trip when he had work to do so was meeting up in the park in the afternoon. We had our matching Mickey tye dye on. He loved the fact he spotted us right away. We also like the fact if one of the DD get lost we can tell the CM exactly what she is wearing.

I'm trying to decide on our animal print shirts right now for AK day.

I love the look of black but that just may be to hot so I may switch to white shirts. The fabric DDs picked is at the bottom. Everyone will get to pick their own animal print.

Sorry pictures not the best.

Denise in MI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter