Matching Shirts in WDW

We did matching shirts for the first time last year when we went.

We design our own; we find fun images and create the design, print it out and iron it on. This years shirts are designed for our late May trip and we are ordering the transfer paper this weekend so that we can make them next week.

It's fun to do, everyone gets their input and we have fun when CMs ask us where we bought them. We went to EPCOT last year wearing some "Soarin'" shirts that got the CMs to want to have their pictures taken with us! lol.

Will

Ive heard that some people get stopped for copyright issues with their shirts, has anyone here had a problem with it?

This is our first trip without matching shirts and I am having witdrawal. DS16 says "NO WAY" and DS 12 is not too happy either.

I might be able to talk them into tie dye. I am hoping this week!

We are going for 5 days in September

Me, DH, 2 DS, Father and brother.

I am doing tie dyed mickey shirts for everyone. and another matching set.

Just got to talk Granddad into it :)

But I will get my way ;)

Ive heard that some people get stopped for copyright issues with their shirts, has anyone here had a problem with it?

No, and we have had Disney and Sea World shirts.

I get our designs from the artists on the forum here. From what I can tell, they put the pictures together, color them, etc. Most of the pictures used can be found online for free I think. It isn’t much different than downloading free coloring sheets online for your children, which I also did to make activity books for each child. I legally downloaded the Walt Disney font to add words to some of the designs. I’m not paying for the designs. The artists do them for fun, so it’s all good. Only thing I buy is shirts and transfer paper.

Now if I went and sold them that would be something different. We have had nothing but compliments on ours. Last trip, we could barely get to our table for the staff at Crystal Palace stopping us to look at these.

2010DisneyVacation005.jpg

I told them someone made them for us. No one batted an eye.

People loved these on our trip to Sea World last October.

DSCN3502.jpg

They aren’t really designs you are going to walk into a store and see either and making t-shirts for a vacation is a popular thing to do. I love doing them. No need to buy shirts during the trip and they are so cute. Just did a pile last night for our trip this month. 10 day trip and I’m having way too much fun. Rotfl2

We have gotten away from dressing our twins alike (though I typically do dress them similarly) but I intend to dress them in matching shirts every day at Disney World. They will be turning 3 that week and lack impulse control and I am terrified of losing them. I figure dressing them alike will make them easier to spot and if one goes missing and someone asked what does the child look like, I can point to the other one and say "Like this!"
Added plus, I think they will look extra cute in photos.

This December will be our 3rd year traveling with a large group. I'm in the process of making shirts for everyone. 9 people plus 10 days = 90 shirts. I've done this for each of our trips, we love them and get lots of comments from cast members. I guess you'd call me a little crazy!!!

Here are our shirts I plan on us wearing this year one day;

DSCF0003-4.jpg

Our Epcot shirts
Photo0546FourBySix.jpg

Our HS shirts:
Photo0197FourBySix.jpg

We match alot at Disney. Glad my family is game. We have also done tye dye and have several from throughout the years.

This is a myth. Disney sells embroidery files that you can use for personal use. As long as you don't go around disney yelling about how and where you bought something, they won't know if you made it or not. We have been to Disney 8 times with custom disney clothing and the only reason we get stopped is to admire our clothes. The CM's love it. And yes, we have even been stopped by management and never once where questioned about copyright.

So, i'm thinking of buying a YuDu machine. Has anyone tried to Screen Print their own? I'm one of those Go Big or Go Home type of crafters :) Thoughts? Going in October.. Plenty of time to play with Ideas....

We are going in 2014 and we are going to design our own matching shirts for one day. I love the ideas I am getting here .

We are doing matching shirts for the first time! Gotta get busy, leaving Aug 24 for FL, then to WDW on the 27th. Not much time to make shirts for 8 people!!

I'm starting with four. If I have time after that, I'll do more, but I figure that way, worst case scenario I'll just do laundry half way and we will wear them twice. :thumbsup2

Such great ideas! Our matching shirts are OTW... I may have to try that sharpie tie dye for the littles for their white shirts! I'll bet they would love that! Does anyone use a Silhouette for their shirts? I'm planning on doing a few shirts with that - I think they'll end up pretty cute!

I bought a Yudu machine 3 years ago. It does work, but it takes a lot of patience and money, if you want a multi-color print. I'm in the process of making sandpaper/crayon shirts and the mickey heads look fantastic. I also stenciled lettering on sandpaper and they ironed on beautifully.

We are a family of matching shirts as well! Like the OP said, it's invaluable for keeping your family together, not just for the cute pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter