• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Matching shirts...cute or dumb?

Hi GK90!

I do really like the "design" of your t-shirt. It's very unusual looking, and the design is somewhat trendy.

take care.
Brunette

Here's our cute and ridiculous family ;)

IMG_0265-1.jpg
Love these shirts.

We have worn matching shirts all 3 trips. The first trip we bought the christmas shirts for the kids on line, and then decided the ladies should get them too, and before the trip came up, we decided the men would like them also, and it was really fun having the matching shirts for MVMCP.
WDW2006176.jpg

Our second trip, I made the shirts but let my friends 13 yo choose the pic.
IMG_7415.jpg

I think it's a lot of fun, and like to see others shirts in the parks too.

Y'all are inspiring me to make some ridiculously cute and not-dumb personalized shirts next trip! Thanks for the pics!

For my parents 50th anniversary at Disney, we did matching shirts for about 15 family members who were there. I found out something interesting from the company who printed the shirts (wasn't Disney). The words Walt Disney World are copyrighted. In order to use those words on our shirts, which of course we wanted to do, the WDW must be proceeded by the words AT, ON, IN or TO or they would not print them. Our shirts read:

(Front side)
Wilson Family Celebration Vacation
to Walt Disney World
May 2007

(Back side)
True Love Stories don't have endings......
Then we printed the names of all the family members from my parents down to the youngest great grandchild.

That shirt is one of my all time favorites and I wear it still because it has such special memories attached to it.

I'll look for a picture to post, don't have time at the moment. Goofy Gary is waiting for me to get dressed for dinner out tonight.

In my opinion, matchining shirts are GREAT!!!

Add us to the list of dorks!

I only matched the whole family one day (it's all DH would go for). I matched the boys every day, though. Here they are at Chef Mickey's:
(sorry had to delete your images from my reply because I'm too new :rolleyes: )

That is the cutest thing ever! I think its rather smart to have your children matching, especially in some place as big as disney. BTW: your children are adorable :)

Tangent time: My mom is planning a trip to WDW for this August, and it'll be her first time going there, along with everyone in our family. Just the other day she was telling me about how she took my brother and I to Disneyland when we were about 2 and 3 (we're almost exactly a year apart) and she dressed us in matching sleeper things. (you know those clothes you put your babies to sleep in? yeah those haha) She said it was way easier to spot us incase we ran off or got away from her because she knew exactly what we were wearing. Would I wear a matching sleeper now at 21 and 20? No way! I would however wear a coordinating shirt with my family because we all tend to get lost easily :lmao:

I talked to my stepdaughter the other day about Disneys new princess coming out in December and told her that her dress is really pretty and maybe she could dress as her for our next trip. She asked if I was serious. I said, um no? She then informed me that she is too big to dress up at DW, except maybe as Tinkerbell. So I asked her what about matching shirts. She said "yeah, duh. I don't want to lose my baby sister." I guess I have a project.....

Here's our cute and ridiculous family ;)

IMG_0265-1.jpg

I am highly critical of matching shirts, and I find this very nice. I guess it depends on what kind if shirt it is.

to the people quoting my a few pages back...

Neon Green is the most disgusting color is the world. Even the vomit that I stepped in today at Blizzard Beach, which was pale orange with yellow chunks, was more attractive than that hideous color. I hate that color with a strong passion, and anyone caught in the sickening color needs to have their eyes removed and given to someone who actually will use them properly. Of course this is all my opinion, but it it just ugly. It seriously blinds me with it's neon brightness, and there is no respectable reason for wearing a full on shirt of it. I understand the LGM heads, I even wore one, but the color is just nasty. It's the blemish on the color pallet. :rotfl:

End of my anti neon green rant, :goodvibes

:offtopic:I'm mesmerized by your signature and I agree about neon green 110 %
I am highly critical of matching shirts, and I find this very nice. I guess it depends on what kind if shirt it is.

to the people quoting my a few pages back...

Neon Green is the most disgusting color is the world. Even the vomit that I stepped in today at Blizzard Beach, which was pale orange with yellow chunks, was more attractive than that hideous color. I hate that color with a strong passion, and anyone caught in the sickening color needs to have their eyes removed and given to someone who actually will use them properly. Of course this is all my opinion, but it it just ugly. It seriously blinds me with it's neon brightness, and there is no respectable reason for wearing a full on shirt of it. I understand the LGM heads, I even wore one, but the color is just nasty. It's the blemish on the color pallet. :rotfl:

End of my anti neon green rant, :goodvibes

I have to chime in here because "matching kids" is a pet peeve of mine in everyday life. HOWEVER at Disney it's a whole different story, I think it's cute. Some of the photos posted here are beautiful! I do try to keep everyone in the same color, but I haven't done the exact same shirt and don't think I will. I may for our Nov trip get matching shirts for my boys (4 & 7) but not DH and myself (just the same color). I think it would make my head explode to see myself dressed like him:lmao:
I do love to seeing all these pics, it puts a smile on my face:)
Laurie:goodvibes

I have not read the whole thread, but I'll say that matching shirts are not my style, but I think is neat when I see a family with them. Granted, I wouldnt make my kids match me every day, but thats just me. The pics I've seen are great, and the shirts are really nice. Its the really bright flourescent colored ones that usually make me scratch my head. But as another poster said, kids are only kids once, and its clear from the pics that many great memories were made:thumbsup2

Ive made the tye Dye shirts every year with my family
One year we had 26 of us, I just did Blue Shirt day family,

First off the Kids love matching each other,
I spend a $$$ on buying my kids and my sisters kids matching shirts,

This year, my one sister is giving me grief about it, so I went out and paied for her familys shirts so they have no choice but to match me.. BWAHH..

So far this trip I have

Neon Elephant shirt for the 2 older girls

Blue day for all of us, but I bought all the Boys and Men matching shirts, Plain Blue shirts..

Our Tye Dye shirts (Im on number 4 out of 16)

Then I found in walmart, in the mens section, Long white tee shirts, says LONG on them, so Size Small, Med, Large! Nightgowns for the kids... YEA..

Im need to find a way to make my 1 sister a shirt that says, "call me phenalenapea"

Personal family joke..
Her name is Penny, but has transformed to Phenalenapea..

I like the idea of matching shirts. DH and I sometimes match. We don't put our names or dates on the shirts.

On a previous trip we both wore Wall*e shirts. His had the Buy n' Large logo and mine said "Axiom Crew".
image0218.jpg

We also like to wear shirts that match our location. For instance, he has a Kingdom Hearts shirt that says "I play games" that he wears to Disney Quest.
mickeyears-kingdomheartscopy.jpg

I like to wear my "Happily Ever After" shirt to the Magic Kingdom.
Sierra%27s%20shirt.JPG

This September I'll be making some new shirts for us. I'm going to wear this shirt at 'ohana and DH will wear a hawaiian shirt.
ohana.jpg

One day we'll wear these shirts (not sure where).
yzma2.jpg
kronk2.jpg

I think the only identical shirts that we will wear will be to Animal Kingdom. Some one else on the DIS made these and I just love them!
make%20these%20shirts%20Natalie%20disign.jpg

Matching shirts are not my style but we went with a party of 15 last October. My DH is the tie-dye king and made matching shirts for the entire group.

It was a blast! Comments from CM's the entire day; kids got chosen to participate in Jedi Tutorial; every one knew we were together; easy to spot in a crowd.

I can't find my pictures; different computer. I may post them later if I change computers.

I too was with a group of 9 people and on 1 day only we wore our "Family Vacation 2007" we did get alot of compliments on them and we made them ourselves with the iron-on decals. Sorry no pics.

Some people...try...too hard. They try to make it functional by making the shirts some disgusting neon green ... Neon Green is tacky, no ifs ands or buts. Do not even try to defent that heinous color.

If your doing it, buy them. If you are artistically inclined, make one some are really creative and nice (looking through this thread I saw lots that I really liked!!!). If you ever consider neon green, don't bother making one, it's just plain tacky.

:confused3 I guess we are "tacky" people. We proudly wear our DISgreen shirts in the parks.

Like mentioned, the neon green is the "official" DISboards and DISers color. That is why we personally wear the hideous color in the park. It DOES get some attention. At least I won't lose my kids in a crowd. :lmao:

:goodvibes Jennifer

If you're over 55, dressing alike is cute. I'm 25 and I know that anyone near my age who dresses like the people they're with is lame and odd. Stay away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter