Matching at shirts! Aussie style!

Tahlzy

Aussie Princess
Hi all!
My hubby is planning our next trip in March 2017 to Disneyland! Yay! We have done Disneyland in March 2013, Hong Kong in 2014, and Disney World and HK D/L in 2015. I am a very full on Disney fan and always wanted matching shirts and this trip I am allowed to order them :D yay! So excited!

Now my hubby wants something on them to symbolise Australia on them - I've been on Etsy and Pinterest and looking for some ideas - there are 5 of us and I am happy with iron on or printable ones - we are quite fussy with fabrics so I would prefer this - does anyone have any ideas on how I can incorporate this into our shirt ideas and a supplier so I can order?

Thanks all!!

I'm not creative, but you can do a design yourself, upload it to Redbubble, and order the printed shirts there.

Not sure how helpful this is, but we had these matching shirts for the 10k run. I got them from Customized Girl - it's a US website, but postage to Australia wasn't too bad. We were very happy with the quality. I got the wicking fabric since we were using them for running, and they were very comfortable. The customisable area is quite big (back and front), and you can use any design you like. I put mine together in paint, just using pictures I got on Google Images, saved as a jpeg, and used those with a couple of lines of text from the customising tool.

Super cute! What do they say exactly? Just looking for ideas! Hubby has gone and got himself a bonds Black tee and my son has one - so I am going to start working on them now - Was thinking "AUSSIE'S DO DISNEYLAND 2017" with a pic of our fave characters! We are flying from Perth via Southern China through Guangzhou and disappointed we cant do Shanghai!

They say 'We're all mad down under' and each has a picture of a different Wonderland character against a map of Australia. The other writing just says Disneyland 10k 2014. We each wore an outfit inspired by the character on the shirt.

Yes that is a shame you can't do Shanghai!

Not sure how helpful this is, but we had these matching shirts for the 10k run. I got them from Customized Girl - it's a US website, but postage to Australia wasn't too bad. We were very happy with the quality. I got the wicking fabric since we were using them for running, and they were very comfortable. The customisable area is quite big (back and front), and you can use any design you like. I put mine together in paint, just using pictures I got on Google Images, saved as a jpeg, and used those with a couple of lines of text from the customising tool.

[/QUOTE

Love this! So clever

I haven't used any of them at all....but there is a Creative DISigns subforum on the Dis. There are a bunch of creative people there that will create the transfer and allow you to download it. I believe that there are tips on how to do it yourself there as well? A lot of Dis-sers use them to create designs for t-shirts, envelops, magnets for the doors etc.
Be warned. I have wandered in there and have gotten completely lost in a maze of super cute designs.

It may be easier to just use zanzibar's lead.

I've made some before with the Aussie flag in a Mickey head and the text G'Day Mate written above it. I have no idea where the file is now but it's not too difficult to do.

The T Shirt Mill on the internet but based here in Brisbane will print your design on their T shirts and I was pleased with the quality of the T with an order I bought for Xmas though the sizing ran tight so I would go up a size next time but not cheap if you were getting several made (ave $20 and we saved postage by being able to pick up).

there is a Creative DISigns subforum on the Dis. There are a bunch of creative people there that will create the transfer and allow you to download it.

I second this. The disigners in there are super talented, you might find something that you like already made up, or you might find a diser who's happy to create something for you (just remember they're doing this stuff out of the kindness of their hearts, so don't be pushy :D ) then you can print the design onto iron on transfer paper.

Having said all that though, I have never ever had luck with iron on transfers, they last maybe one or two washes, and the entire time they look home made. I just ordered a bunch of tops from teepublic and they are awesome and look great. Just search Disney in the designs and there are literally hundreds of results. If you find one you like check who it was designed by and see if they'll do a design for you - chances are they'll charge for the design, but I doubt it would be any more than an etsy designer.

Make sure you post back with your results though!

I second the idea of the Aussie flag in the Mickey head. I had that in 2013 with "Aussie Invasion" underneath it. I knew SO many families from Aus there at the same time.

upload_2017-1-10_12-18-45.png

This was my shirt. Sorry for the crappy photo, it's the best I can find. We also had a magnet like that on our cabin door last year on our cruise

Awesome idea about the flag! I have contacted someone on Etsy who is doing a design for me - Minnie ears for the 3 girls and Mickey pirate for the 2 boys with a Flag in them and our names! As soon as I get proofs I will show them off!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter