massage day after marathon?

I think Monday is a good day for a massage. Many folks will try for one at the finish or before the leg muscle calms. That is actually not the best thing for the legs as it stirs up the pooled lactic acid. Waiting until late on Sunday or on Monday will allow the tech to work on the damaged/scarred tissue.

I enjoy marathons but I think I enjoy massages even more. I'm not sure how many marathons you have done but deciding on a type of massage really depends on how your feeling after the race. My friends and I are doing the Goofy challenge this year and have arranged for massages after the half and full marathons. I am requesting just a flush after the half marathon and a deep tissue after the full marathon. Of the three you have mentioned I prefer deep tissue.

I was thinking of the hot stones....though didn't consider having a massage after the half...
I told myself last year that if I did complete the Goofy challenge this year then I would treat myself to a massage afterwards.

Now I would be afraid of doing a massage - even a lighter one - after the half for fear I might relax TOO much! In truth, if I thought it would actually help me perform and feel best the next day than I would really consider it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter