Mashed Potatoes At 1900

Andreak0428

Mouseketeer
on our last trip to WDW we went to 1900 park fare for the dinner buffet and one of the items that i had was the creamy mashed potatoes. They were FANTASTIC. I loved them so much and have been looking everywhere for the recipie...does anyone know what is in the potatos? Or does anyone have the recipie??? I would love to have it!

Are you talking about the mashed red-and-sweet potatoes?

That one is a combination of redskin potatoes, sweet potatoes (about 3 to 1, redskin to sweet measure-by-measure), butter, salt, and hot milk (as necessary when beating to smooth it out).

i dont think they were those. they were next to a sign that said france...it was county themed i think. they were white and looks like maybe just red skinned and i think they had some creamy cheese in them yum!!!!

I know Chef Mickey's has parmesan mashed potatoes - I don't know if they serve them at 1900 or not. Here is the recipe from All Ears:

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:
3 pounds Whole potatoes (Peeled & Cut in to 1 by 1 inch cubes)
2 cups half & half
4 Tablespoons Butter
¾ Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
1 Tablespoon Salt
½ teaspoon Black Pepper

Method of Preparation:
1. Boil the potatoes until they are soft and easy to mash. Drain the potatoes and place back into the pot they where cooked in.

2. Next heat the half & half in a small sauce pan and add to the potatoes.

3. Following that, begin mixing the potatoes with a whisk or handheld mixer and add in the Parmesan cheese, butter, & continue mixing until smooth and creamy.

4. Lastly, add the salt and pepper to the mix.

5. Finally, bowl in your favorite dish and serve with a smile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!