Maryland

Oh that is good though. MUCH cheaper. I wish my dd would consider a year AACC. She is more than likely to go to Towson....not far away but she will live on campus.

Yeah, the cost can't be beat. Plus the room and board is a non-factor. All the classes are transferable to her two schools of choice, for her business and marketing degree.

We looked at Towson, but DD was not interested in the school at all....go figure.

My oldest went to Salisbury for 1 1/2 yrs. One day he calls me on the phone...."I'm at the boardwalk in OC if your trying to call me"..:sad2: This was on a Wednesday afternoon!!! Needless to say, he had to come back home and get that AA at the community college! All was not lost, he did graduate from UMBC.....but...after that I am a firm believer in community colleges! :goodvibes

Well, her boyfriends family has three town homes on 6th st (or there about). His parents have offered for them to live down there and go to Salisbury.....NOT!

Well, her boyfriends family has three town homes on 6th st (or there about). His parents have offered for them to live down there and go to Salisbury.....NOT!

Hey don't knock it. That was my dream in my college years. Instead I stayed home and day-commuted to UMBC. Why do you think I love my single, travelling lifestyle so much?

I sympathize with all you parents of college students. Just in the last decade the tuition rates have gone to Ivy League realms. And then there's this story I learned last year. I befriended CM who moved to FL from my MD town last couple years. Why? Because her then senior HS daughter wanted to go to Univ of FL. She regaled me with stories of how the move worked out for them. Sold their MD home for twice the amount of their new FL home (with pool) and FL pays for tuition for FL residents, at least undergrad. Now her youngest (a HS junior) is enrolled at the local Comm.Col. and will graduate with a A.A. and HS diploma in two years. Her middle daughter is in UofFL and her eldest is headed back to school himself this semester. Only the dad has a hard time since he must keep commuting up here for work during the week.

I just like that now she gets to work at Disney PT and gets all the benefits of being a CM. She made the idea of moving down to FL very palatable for my dad and I. I can't imagine what my sibs will do in 10 years time when the nieces and nephews are college-bound.

Oh and GO RAVENS! (A day and counting)

We are knee deep in college cost. My oldest did 2 years at Carroll CC and now is at Salisbury, since he's a transfer student there wasn't any dorms for him, so he's in a apt with three others. Definitely not cheap. Needless to say he loves Salisbury and being close to the beach. My second son started in the fall at a Jr college in North Carolina on a baseball scholarship, did very well came home with a 4.0 but hated the school. He decided to transfer to Towson, and will begin in a couple of weeks. No more dorm space available so we told him he could commute. Since he's playing baseball he told us the coach wanted him close to the college, incase he calls a meeting or practice at last minute. That means an apt which means added expense. My youngest is a senior in HS and has already been accepted at Penn College for the fall. That's 3 in college at the same time, holy cow just thinking about the cost, my head is spinning.

Fortunately, we can still do our family vacations, I have a vacation fund which helps cover the cost of our trips. Not sure how many more years the boys will be traveling with us, so our family trips are priceless. :)

She made the idea of moving down to FL very palatable for my dad and I. I can't imagine what my sibs will do in 10 years time when the nieces and nephews are college-bound.

I know you go to FL for extended periods of time in your timeshares, but I would just still warn that living in Florida full time is very different than going on vacation there.

Just my opinion - We did it for a few years and were overall unhappy and moved back north.

I really want the snowbird thing - winter down there, rest up here -- unfortunately my job doesn't afford me that luxury!

I know you go to FL for extended periods of time in your timeshares, but I would just still warn that living in Florida full time is very different than going on vacation there.

Just my opinion - We did it for a few years and were overall unhappy and moved back north.

I really want the snowbird thing - winter down there, rest up here -- unfortunately my job doesn't afford me that luxury!

I have heard this story soooo many times. I will take the winters here. They aren't that long thank goodness!

Checking in from Baltimore Co. here; we are in the Essex area. We bought SSR in 2005 and love it! We have used our points for SSR, BCV, OKW and CR at the Poly. Our next trip is Aug for 8 nights. We are waitlisted for 2BR AKL (Kidani) but reserved at VWL. I don't care where we stay, I just want to get back to Disney!

GO RAVENS! :)

Add us to the MD list. We brought into AKV in Feb. 2008. Our first trip is next month. We are here in So. MD. St. Mary's to be more specific.

Go Eagles! I'm a South Jersey girl so I have to cheer for my team first! Then, Go Ravens!

We live in White Marsh and just purchased 100 points at AKV this past December. Our first DVC trip is scheduled for a 2BR Villa at Kidani Dec 2009.

We cannot wait!

Tim

We are knee deep in college cost. My oldest did 2 years at Carroll CC and now is at Salisbury, since he's a transfer student there wasn't any dorms for him, so he's in a apt with three others. Definitely not cheap. Needless to say he loves Salisbury and being close to the beach. My second son started in the fall at a Jr college in North Carolina on a baseball scholarship, did very well came home with a 4.0 but hated the school. He decided to transfer to Towson, and will begin in a couple of weeks. No more dorm space available so we told him he could commute. Since he's playing baseball he told us the coach wanted him close to the college, incase he calls a meeting or practice at last minute. That means an apt which means added expense. My youngest is a senior in HS and has already been accepted at Penn College for the fall. That's 3 in college at the same time, holy cow just thinking about the cost, my head is spinning.

Fortunately, we can still do our family vacations, I have a vacation fund which helps cover the cost of our trips. Not sure how many more years the boys will be traveling with us, so our family trips are priceless. :)

WOW you do have some college expense. My DD just got her acceptance letter to Towson today. She was happy because that is where she wants to go. She thought for a while Goucher was her first choice but changed her mind toward Towson after visiting in Aug. to Towson and then going back to Goucher in early Nov. for visit. She stayed at Goucher for 2 weeks this past summer for a summer dance intensive and loved it. However she realized after the Nov. trip and after seeing Towson in Aug. that maybe Goucher was too small. WELL we were thrilled..........because the Goucher college has a VERY HIGH price tag. She will not commute to Towson....too much beltway traffic from where we live. She would never want to do that anyways.
It was an exciting day today....but WOW..reality really HIT US. Life is going to change big time now.

We have been members for 5 years now, with points @ VB, SSR, and AKV. It was the best investment we have ever made. Wish we would have done it years ago. Have stayed @ BCV, OKW, BWV, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and done multiple DCL trips.

Congrats on you pruchase, and start enjoying.:cheer2:

Not only are we in Maryland, but we use to live in Belcamp. Currently, we live right up the street off 543, by the Fountain Green Swim Club.

I know where Fountain Green Swim Club is. How cool is it that there are really people that close that are also DVC owners. My husband will love the idea that there are really "real" people close to us that own as well...LOL

Thanks for the response.

We live just outside of Ocean City. We bought SSR in 2004 and AKL in 2006. Haven't stayed at either one yet. We are staying at AKL in October of this year.

Melissa,
My mother lives in Ocean Pines, right outside of Ocean City as well. what a small world.
Cassie

Thanks for all the responses everyone! Hope to actually meet some of you in person some day! Sounds to me like we are certainly going to love being DVC owners!
Take care,
Cassie

DW and i purchased in 2004 have yet to visit a resort i am govt employee at apg i see you are from Belcamp so i am sure you know where that is i live in North East md. We haved used our pts for 2 disney cruises and stayed at shades of Green On site. I really like DVC but really have not done a whole lot but have never had any trouble dealing with customer service or anything if you are dod employee or anything like that check out shades of green hotel. :dance3: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

We are not dod employee's or the like, but I hear shades of green is nice.

Howdy neighbor. We are probably right around the corner from you. I live in the Hollywoods development on Rt. 7. I purchased SSR in 2003 and have been very happy with it. Lost track of all of the trips so far.

Hope you enjoy and Welcome Home.

Pirateparrot,
How right you are. I have friends who live in Hollywoods. We are very close. Do you have kids that go to Church Creek Elementary or Aberdeen Middle?
Cassie

ahggggggggggggg I think I hijacked this thread. Sorry!!!! :rotfl2:

This college thing just messes up my future disney trips. JUST KIDDING. :rotfl: We knew that our kids would grow up one day and go off to college IT JUST HAPPENED SO FAST. :rolleyes:

No big deal. I love the fact that people can share everything with each other. That is what this board is all about right?

Chiming in here from A.A. County. :wave2:

We joined DVC Oct. 2006 (it was a b-day present from DH). We're SSR owners, although we've only stayed there once so far. BUT....we check-in this Sunday at CBR for a nite, then it's off to SSR for 6 nites. :dance3:

We've also stayed at BCV (twice) & AKV (twice). Those are our favorites. We've got a split stay booked there this July. BCV (9 nites) & AKV (2 nites).

We're good friends with "edk35" (the poster who's tried to hijack your thread! :lmao: ) & her family. We will be vacationing with them next week & again this summer.

Chiming in here from A.A. County. :wave2:

We joined DVC Oct. 2006 (it was a b-day present from DH). We're SSR owners, although we've only stayed there once so far. BUT....we check-in this Sunday at CBR for a nite, then it's off to SSR for 6 nites. :dance3:

We've also stayed at BCV (twice) & AKV (twice). Those are our favorites. We've got a split stay booked there this July. BCV (9 nites) & AKV (2 nites).

We're good friends with "edk35" (the poster who's tried to hijack your thread! :lmao: ) & her family. We will be vacationing with them next week & again this summer.

:wave2: Hey Laurie...aren't you staying 7 nights at SSR?? See ya soon.

We are arriving on Monday for 6 nights at OKW. Can't wait to get away for a bit.

B-more in the House. I'm across 83 from TV hill You can view it here

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/reign's-hampden-hon

I own at SSR and have for a few years now .

We are heading down in Mid-June for an 11 day trip. I will be Live Streaming from our Rooms and even doing some Park walks if everythings works out right .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter