Marvel/Disney movies released during the cruise?

Sarah Fallon

Mouseketeer
Will the cruise line show new movies that are released while we are on the cruise? The new Avengers movie is scheduled to be released on May 3rd, 2019 and our cruise leaves 2019. I remember seeing in some Navigators that new movies were on the boat. Anyone know if that would the case for this?

Yes definitely. On our December 11-15 Dream cruise they premiered The Last Jedi on the Thursday night in both the movie theatre and main theatre.

Cool thanks!! As long as they don’t show the movie instead of Tangled the Musical I’m good with that haha

They show the movie at 12:01am (yes AM) on release day. So you will see the new Avengers movie on May 3rd at 12:01am usually in the Walt Disney Theater (main broadway) show theater to have enough room. They will then continue to show it often in the Buena Vista Theater (movie theater).

We were on when Coco was released, they showed it in both theaters at 6 and 8:30 instead of the shows, and then a few times offered the next day. We were on for Inside Out PremEAR, but we couldn't stay awake for the midnight show, so we saw in the next day

We've been on board for two premEARs. They'll show it both on release night and pretty much non stop after that. :P They won't replace one of the main stage shows with it, but they will show it instead of the first night's show, or on another night instead of a variety act. On sea days they may also have afternoon showings in the Walt Disney Theatre, which I appreciate because I'm really not a fan of the Buena Vista theatre. It's far too cramped and no cup holders.

They show the movie at 12:01am (yes AM) on release day. So you will see the new Avengers movie on May 3rd at 12:01am usually in the Walt Disney Theater (main broadway) show theater to have enough room. They will then continue to show it often in the Buena Vista Theater (movie theater).

Sometimes they will show it very late on the day before release. On the Magic in 2016 they premiered Doctor Strange at 10:45pm, technically 1hr 15m before its official release date.

They always start big movies like Avengers here at home on Thursdays before the Friday release around 7pm. Why can't they do that on the ship too? We disembark the next day. That's going to be tough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter