Marvel Day at Sea--Disney Magic, on select NYC 2017 sailings

DW really wanted a Canada sailing. P.E.I and our 20th Anniversary next year sealed the deal for us. After we booked, they first announced the Halloween news and now the Marvel news. Extras are rare nowadays, so excited!
We are celebrating our 40th Anniversary in 2017 and I booked the 10/21/17 Canada sailing from NYC on opening day. We did SWDAS last year and it was fun,
combining Halloween, Star Wars and they were putting together the Ginger Bread House for the next sailing so we had a little bit of Christmas too.

We are on the 11/18 sailing! We're going with friends, and we're all Marvel fans. We were already looking forward to the cruise, now we've got some extra fun. Can't wait!

Slightly OT, but what do those face characters do throughout the cruise when they are not being Thor or Captain America? I guess the answer would be the same for the Princesses?

Are they stage talent that perform in the nightly shows, possibly in minor roles that don't require quite as much rehearsal as a lead, thus allowing them to spend time as a face character during the day?

Slightly OT, but what do those face characters do throughout the cruise when they are not being Thor or Captain America? I guess the answer would be the same for the Princesses?

Are they stage talent that perform in the nightly shows, possibly in minor roles that don't require quite as much rehearsal as a lead, thus allowing them to spend time as a face character during the day?

The vast majority of the rehearsals are done prior to the entertainment team even embarking the ship, so any rehearsal on board is pretty limited.

The face characters (and non-face characters as well for that matter) generally ARE the stage performers. When their friends are not appearing, they help with line handling and occasionally do other things character-related.

Sure hope the Marvel character cruises out of NYC become an integral part of DCL's itineraries. DD was raised on Disney, and would love to go to PEI. Her DH and sons love Marvel -- the whole family is dressing up as super heroes for Halloween. They recently added a princess to their family and dad wants to wait til she's old enough to enjoy the kids' clubs.

This is so awesome!! Wish it was on our cruise...my son is a huge Marvel fan. We're on the Sept. 27th magic sailing out on NYC so right before this starts:(

After the disappointment from some on the SWADS cruises I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but my oldest daughter LOVES all things Marvel and I think this will be a huge hit for her. I hope she doesn't find out about it ahead of time because I love there to be surprises.

are you in the FB group for the 10/6 sailing? we have one

This is my sailing. Can you pm me please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter