Marvel Avengers question for anyone just off the Fantasy

kbovenizer

Mouseketeer
If you happened to be on the Fantasy this past weekend, were there any special appearances by any of the Avenger friends? If not in the flesh, were there posters or cardboard cutouts or anything?

My boys are really looking forward to seeing the new Avengers movie on board and it would be super fun if there happened to be some photo opportunities too!

I know it's unlikely, but I'm holding out a teeny little bit of hope...

I was on the fantasy 4/25 sailing with the midnight premiere, and there was nothing special/no characters during the day. I did not go the the actual midnight showing, so I don't know if they did anything special then.

To my knowledge, the Marvel characters are not on the Wonder, Dream or Fantasy (or at WDW for that matter). The movie will be shown on board, but it's highly unlikely that the characters will make an appearance. You might get Captain America on the Magic, but that's about it. There is still a (pre-Disney purchase) licensing agreement between Marvel and Universal in effect that prevents Disney from having the characters at WDW. They are at DL, but not WDW.

I was also on the 4/25 Disney Fantasy sailing, and we went to the Magic Dave show (Walt Disney Theater) on the Avengers premier night, and when we left the theater at 11:15pm, there were no posters or cardboard cut-outs. I say the movie the next day (7:45pm) in the Buena Vista Theater, and again, I didn't see any special advertising........jonathan

I was also on the 4/25 Disney Fantasy sailing, and we went to the Magic Dave show (Walt Disney Theater) on the Avengers premier night, and when we left the theater at 11:15pm, there were no posters or cardboard cut-outs. I say the movie the next day (7:45pm) in the Buena Vista Theater, and again, I didn't see any special advertising........jonathan

Any guesses if the movie will still be shown on board for the 6/27 Fantasy sailing?

We went to the 12:01 premiere on the Fantasy and there were no characters, cut-outs, etc. Just the movie poster showing which movie was playing and that at both Buena Vista and Walt Disney Theatre. Needless to say, it was an awesome movie though given DS8 (and I) stayed awake until 2:30 am for it.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your responses so I can reset some expectations with my boys. :) Still can't wait to see the movie. We sail in 18 short days!!!

We were on the Disney Magic for the showing at 1200 pm on 10/1, it was funny they didn't have it scheduled on the movie line-up you receive at arrival. My family was so happy that it wasn't listed. They just wanted to prove me wrong, well of course I was not wrong. It showed at midnight as I had stated and another 5 times within the last 2 days. Captain America was on the ship for those final 3 days.

Great movie!

I was on the Fantasy this past week, I did see some characters toys in the gift shop. That was all of the marvel they have on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter