Martinis on the Wonder?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by married@wdw, Jul 21, 2006.

1. married@wdw

married@wdw DIS Veteran

OK -- I've got the DCL and plane ressies, the port transfers, the hotel stays before and after, all the important stuff is set. Now I've got four weeks until D-Day to book Palo and our excursion. In the meantime, I'm playing the "extraneous" activities that keep popping up.

I'm a martini freak. I've done a search (successfully -- woohoo) and checked the Navigators, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Are the martinis at the martini tasting ($12 ticketed event, don't know where this is held) and the martinis in the martini flight ($15 for five 1 oz. martinis any time after noon in Diversions) the same flavors of martinis? Or are these two total separate and distinct experiences? And if they're different and someone remembers the flavors, listing them for me would be a super bonus!

THANKS!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NJBILL

NJBILL Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

I would like to know also. My wife loves them

4. webray

webray Love the wineauxs!

We did one of the martini tastings on the magic. The girl hosting said you can come by the bar and you can do a tasting right there, or pick up the menus for the ones you just tasted. She had a whole list of them, all flavors, all quite good.

5. MickeyD

MickeyD Mouseketeer

The only one I really remember is the choclotini! Man! Is that one goo-od!! :cool1:
    The martini flight and the martini tasting are the same cost $15...at least they were on our 5/6/06 cruise. I remember one with cranberry? one with citrus? I think it was: cosmopolitan, choclotini..sorry, once they gave me the choclotini, I was hooked! didn't care about the others. :love:

The tasting was done in Diversions, I believe, but you could get the martini flight from any bar...from what I was told

I will look through my navigators and see if I can find the exact flavors.
    Found em: Our martinis were: traditional gin martini, appletini, cosmopolitan, and chocolate martini.

Martini flight included: Appletini, Blue Barracuda, Citrontini, Stawberrytini, and Toblerotini. The Toblerotini tasted like the choclotini. And Palo has all of these as well.

HTH

Lisa

6. aiken4mickey

aiken4mickey DIS Veteran

[​IMG][/IMG]

What a beautiful thing!!! So, are you still able to get the "flight"? I noticed too that a tasting is offered in the new Navigators...Last Nov when we cruised the "flight" was whenever at Diversions...and we went a few times and loved it. Maybe by the colors you can determine flavors...they were all good!!

7. taeja71

taeja71 <font color=deeppink>I'll type real slow...<br><fo

JLSE50...where are you???? What was that martini called again???

8. married@wdw

married@wdw DIS Veteran

Sounds like I'm gonna be in Martini heaven! THANKS A BUNCH!

9. BabyBird

BabyBird <font color=deeppink>I just don't want my underpan

You have GOT to try the lemoncello martini at Palo.
    :cool1: It was wonderful!

10. seashells

seashells Mouseketeer

Lemoncello sounds nice, can one go to Palo to just have a drink without a resi?

Does anyone know if a Godiva White Chocolate Martini is available? Its my fav!

11. musicgirl

musicgirl <font color=coral>Pooh lover<br><font color=teal>M

You get a regular martini 1st

They tell you not to drink it all so that they can turn it into a "dirty" martini.

3rd-appletini

4th-chocolate martini

Last was the cosomopotian.

From the picture posted, it looks like we were shorted one!!!

12. drclaws

drclaws I'd rather be Mousing!

A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y !!!!!!! :drinking1