• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Martin Luther King Weekend

minniegidget

Can't wait till I can go back to Disney
Who is planning on going this MLK weekend?
Who busy do you think it will be. I plan on doing US on Saturday Then Disneyland on Sunday Monday and till about 3pm on Tuesday.
My hope was to do one park per day then on Tuesday go and do anything that we have missed. It will be just my sister and I no kids. staying at PP.

Judging by the massive crowds on this past Veteran's Day weekend, I would think twice about going on a holiday weekend. The state fire marshall shut down the Disneyland park at Noon due to crowds. We went on Saturday and the crowds were pretty bad, but better than Friday.

I am bumping this because we have reconsidered President's Day weekend and are now considering going MLK day plus a few days after.
Is MLK day a school holiday or state holiday for Californians? (My kids are off of school but my husband isn't off of work......)

I am figuring MLK day will be busy but I am hoping that the following few days won't be as bad!? Hopefully I'm not delusional. :rolleyes:

I think the days following should be much better. The days before Veteran's Day were delightfully uncrowded. :earsboy:

That's what I was hoping you'd say. I have recently started stressing over pulling my kids out of school for 3 days (both A students....is my husbands argument!) and it would be justifiable to have delightfully uncrowded parks!

I used to pull mine out of school to go, since we have 4 days that parents can take children out of school and be excused. It's so much more pleasant when it's less crowded!

For me it is MLK weekend or nothing so even if it is so busy at Disneyland I will hike it ove to DCA. If that is bad to I would just head back to PP hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter