Martin Luther King Holiday

mh1973

DIS Veteran
anyone been during this time? My daughters birthday is Jan 14 which is a Thursday, she is turning 10 and I am thinking of taking her from the 14-18 and was wondering how crowded it is during that time. Also, will they offer the free day during your birthday next year?

anyone been during this time? My daughters birthday is Jan 14 which is a Thursday, she is turning 10 and I am thinking of taking her from the 14-18 and was

1- wondering how crowded it is during that time.

2- will they offer the free day during your birthday next year?

1- Busy. Busiest time in January (after New Year's, of course.)

2- Sorry, but no.

We went last year over the MLK holiday and did not think it was that bad. We took advantage of the AM extra hours at every park and were at the gates when they opened. That was huge as we headed straight to the busiest attractions to get them done with. We also used our fast passes! The longest we ever waited in line for a ride at any park during that week was about 15 minutes! to Toy Story Mania and rode it and then got a fast pass when finished. That was huge as later in the day the fast passes were gone and the line was horrendous! A little preplanning made it all work out!
We did plan things out, like when we went to the am EMH at Hollywood studios we headed to TSM, rode it, and then got a fast pass. That was a huge help as they ran out of fast passes later and the line was horrendous!

It seems to have gotten more crowded over the past few years during that time but I still think it's much better than going at other times - such as the summer months. I just booked the 14th - 18th as well with that great VISA offer - room rates for a Deluxe are really good. Our kids have "teacher workdays" that Thursday and Friday so we don't even have to pull them out of school. I'm not worried about crowds -just get to the parks early and hit all the major rides as soon as possible and take advantage of Fast Pass.

OP, if you go on the 13th, she'll be considered 9 for your whole trip (I'm pretty sure), so your prices will be lower. Just something to consider...

We go this time year too. We will be getting there 16th - 23rd. We had NO problems at all. Like mentioned above..you NEED a plan! That way you get to do it all with no hassle at all. We like to hit the EMH morning..then change at noon to a less crowded park. Yes it is one of the buisiest Jan., but remember Jan. is one of the less crowded months...so not bad at all. Have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter