Marriott Horizon

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
Hi,

Has anyone stayed at Marriott Horizon Resort in Orlando? It looks really fun for young kids and there are good reports from the TUG Board. I am thinking about looking into it for future stays.

Thanks

We stayed there in April. It was fantastic! My childrens ages at the time were: Almost 1, almost 4, 9, 13, 16 and 16(daughters friend). We enjoyed it so much, we added an extra day just to hang by the pool to relax. My kids keep asking if we can go back, they even said they wouldn't care if we went to the theme parks!

:bounce:

could either of you share more info about this resort? i did a few searches and could not find marriot horizon resort. this place sounds great for our three kids!!

:Pinkbounc

poohsdoodle,

This is a timeshare by Marriott. If you go to

www.marriottvacationclub.com

and look for this particular resort, you will see all the details.

It looks great, especially for young kids, pirateship slides, interactive waterparks, 2 movie theaters (will be finished) and 36-hole minature golfs (in the works) and lots of other things. There were people who reported that they did not leave the resort for the entire week and still did not get to do all the things that they wanted to do. Lots of kids activities with no fee or minimum charge.

Hope this will help.

The pool is zero entry, with a big pirate ship that has slids and water cannons on it. It also has a steering wheel, my son had fun "driving" the ship! There is a small toddler pool mext to the pool and there are two hot tub pools. They will be putting in another pool, and I was told it will be a lazy river type but I can't confirm that, and don't know when it will be complete. They have a sprinkler play ground, it has towers with huge buckets on top that fill with water then dump out. Next to that play ground is a small playground with monkey bars etc... There is an activity room with an air hockey table, video games etc... They have a decent little workout room. The rooms are nice, two bedrooms, 1 with aking size bed and master bath, the other has a queen and a double bed with a bathroom (this bathroom has two entrances, make sure you don't lock both doors!) They units have a washer and dryer, so you can pack light. Oh the pool has a bar, that serve light meals, burgers, sandwiches etc.... The only problem we had was with housekeeping. If you own they don't come everyday, but if you rent (as we did) you are suppose to have daily housekeeping. We had to stay on top of it, but the housekeepng manager was very responsive to our complaints. Even though Horizon is not complete, it was worth every penny we paid, and I look forward to going back someday!

crazyme5kids

How did you get a room there? I tried and could not get ANY date available on Marriott's website and could not even figure out how much the rooms cost.

Did you ever try to go to one of their sales presentations?

Thanks

We had called Marriott direct, actually we didn't even know about Horizon, they suggested we try it. I was thinking about staying again in Dec. , but they didn't have any rooms avaliable. When we were there, there were only about 150 units built, so it is still small, which may be why it is hard to get. We looked at Marriotts Grand Vista while there, and it is beautiful. The pool there is not like Horizons though, and I really can't tell you anything about anything about the activities there since we didn't stay. Good luck trying to get Horizons!

Sorry I didn't answer your other questions. We decided to go to a presentation at the end of our stay (that is when we also looked at Grand Vista). Not high pressure, but because we seemed very interested, I guess a little more pressure to buy then for other people (we didn't buy). Honestly, I would skip the sales tour unless you think you really want to buy. Maybe at a later date we will buy, but only after we stay at a few other plces etc.... Oh, If you go to to the web site (vacationclub) scroll down to the vey bottom, and you will see where to go for Horizons. It isn't listed with all the other timeshare places.

crazyme5kids,

thanks so much for your info. I contacted Marriott and booked a proview visit for next year. I am kind of looking forward to it.

By next year a lot more things will be finished! That is partly why we decided not to buy yet (other reasons too). We loved it now while it is small and not built up, but when there are 500 or 600 more units we might not feel the same way. Although, I have a feeling we would still like it!

Hello All,

I'll be at the Marriott Horizons first week of April 2003 via a timeshare exchange. I understand its new or newer and construction is on going. Can anyone share on how nice the resort experience was among all the construction?

Was there lots of noise? any dust/debris? any unsightly structures?

Also when I went to their website, there appear to be many resort ammenities propose or under construction.
Is there presently:

1. The Clubhouse
2. The cinemas (if so was there a fee
3. The Games Room
4. The miniture golf course (if so was there a fee)
5. Any boat rentals/water sports at the dock

I would really like to hang out at the resort for 2 or 3 days without visiting the parks. We have two kids age 7 and 9 and I hope there is enough to do for us to relax and the kids to play.

Also about Lake Willis. Is it a swimable lake with a nice beach.
And forgive my ignorance but do we have to worry about alligators?

Thanks all.

There will be plenty to do don't worry! The kids will love the pool and want to spend hours there. We went in April, spent 11 nights. We were there for Easter. I didn't notice any construction going on, it might be that they stopped working for that time period. The clubhouse for kids wasn't built yet, but they have a room set up with games etc. and this is where they have childrens activities. I think this room is where the spa will be. It is also near the pool. Throughout the day they had all kinds of activities going on for the kids. Let's just say my kids didn't want to leave, they keep asking to go back, and they have even said we don't need to do anything else but stay there (no theme parks LOL)!Oh one more thing, I think they said the other pool was due to be completed in Dec. It will be a lazy river type.

I didn't notice any beach area, there weren't any boats yet, and I looked for alligators but didn't see any. Although there was a sign posted not to walk in the wooded area because of alligators. As someone said to me If it's Florida, assume there are alligators!" We did see two otters swimming around!

We stayed here for 1 night. After staying at Royal Pacific and wanting to stay an extra day, the RP was all booked up so I called around and got a 2 br suite here. The resort wasn't finished which turned some members of my family off, but didn't bother me at all. I don't remember seeing any construction, maybe just a lot of empty space? The room here was nice, I would say not as luxurious as Vistana Villages but nice just the same. We only spent one night here so spent the day at the pool and we were out for the evening. My daughter (9 y/o) LOVED this pool. We stayed part week at HIFS and part week at RP, and also visited The Hard Rock Hotel pool for an afternoon and my daughter liked this pool the best. Someone described it already so I won't bother but I think it is great for the younger kids. My older kids went out shopping so didn't use the pool. The greatest thing about it was we had a chance to wash all of our clothes before our LONG drive home to NY. I would stay here again.

Well thanks Crazyme5kids and debbie655. I sure hope that lazy river pool will be complete when I get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter