• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriott Farifield price guarantee

valiamo

My love of Fantasia, and Mickey
Booked the Fairfield a couple of months ago for our trip coming up in October. We did it on-line with Marriott, and do not have to pay until we arrive (keep my money in my bank). They offer a 25% price guarantee if you find a lower rate on line. Been watching the on-line price website, and not a single price drop was to be had.:sad1:

Last night I logged onto Trivago and it displayed a rate that was considerably less than I had booked for. I pulled up my reservation, completed the claim form (took about 20 seconds), I figured that they would have some excuse that the price match would be invalid... but in less than 10 hours (overnight) Marriott had given me a price decrease of 25% BELOW the competitors website price, and they thanked me for booking with them.

This is $350 that we will have for treats and a great dinner in Disneyland. We now have rooms for $90 a night, down from $139.

SO!!! if you want to book or have booked the Marriott, do it on their website, and then watch for the price discounts if you see a drop. Do the claim form, and poof you have a great discount. :cool1:

Wow!! That's a great score and excellent customer service on Marriott's part. Thanks for the info!!!

That's great! Definitely a place I would have stayed again and this just solidifies it.

This exact thing just happened to us! I had booked through Marriott for the Residence Inn maingate at $139 for 7 nights in Sept. I found it on expedia after the fact for $131. Called to cancel the Marriott reso so I could rebook through expedia all excited to be saving $56! Then they told me about the price guarantee so I filled out the claim form (yup takes 20 seconds) got a reply within a day changing my rate to 88/night. Woohoo! With expensive park tickets, this savings goes a long way for this kind of trip

We did this with the Fairfield in Oct 2012 and ended up with an $85/per night room....smoking deal. (Loved the hotel btw)

I have been looking again for this Oct and am only see rates of about $177.

Can I ask what kind of rate you found on Trivago?

I've never done anything like this so I'm just reading the fine print very carefully and it says "book a room ... and within 24 hours if you find a lower rate ..."

But you said you booked it a couple of months ago??

I've never done anything like this so I'm just reading the fine print very carefully and it says "book a room ... and within 24 hours if you find a lower rate ..."

But you said you booked it a couple of months ago??

Yep, I reserved the hotel in Feb, and have been watching the prices for months. I checked again and saw on the site that they do have a 24 hour noted, but they honored the price drop for me.

I was skeptical as well, I was sure they would find a loophole in the booking. But as I already had a booking it was worth a try.

I actually got the idea from a fellow DIS member here (twinsrmylife), they did the same thing a while back and got a better rate as well. Love this board!

We did this with the Fairfield in Oct 2012 and ended up with an $85/per night room....smoking deal. (Loved the hotel btw)

I have been looking again for this Oct and am only see rates of about $177.

Can I ask what kind of rate you found on Trivago?

Sure... We had rooms for the kids at $139,and one for us at $169. On trivago, there was a rate for $133 Cdn $, about 122US$. I copied the link, put in my reservation number, and clicked send. The rate I saw was not a usual rate, as it changes every day, right now it is at $155 cdn$.

One does have to watch the various web booking sites, but for a small investment of time, it was worth it. trivago seemed like a good one to use as they compare web booking sites.

If you are worried about the 24 hours, and you are wiling take a quick gamble, find a cheap rate, book on marriott website, then call for the rate guarantee.

This exact thing just happened to us! I had booked through Marriott for the Residence Inn maingate at $139 for 7 nights in Sept. I found it on expedia after the fact for $131. Called to cancel the Marriott reso so I could rebook through expedia all excited to be saving $56! Then they told me about the price guarantee so I filled out the claim form (yup takes 20 seconds) got a reply within a day changing my rate to 88/night. Woohoo! With expensive park tickets, this savings goes a long way for this kind of trip

Thanks to your posting a while ago, I was able to get this deal!:cool1:, the reason I love this forum!

Thanks to your posting a while ago, I was able to get this deal!:cool1:, the reason I love this forum!

So happy for you! To a pp I was well over 24hrs, weeks probably,and they honoured it. If they didn't for some reason then just cancel your reso and rebook right away then fill out your claim. To have a full kitchen, full hot free breakfast, free parking and 15 min walk to the park for $88 makes me feel like I won a mini Disney lottery lol!

The Marriott website also says it has to be the lowest priced room in order to qualify. I guess it doesn't work if you have any other room type?

The Marriott website also says it has to be the lowest priced room in order to qualify. I guess it doesn't work if you have any other room type?

We still have our high floor resort view room booked at $169, and are watching the pricing to see if this one shows up discounted (alas it does not usually), and I will try to get the discount on that one as well. Still a hundred days out, and lots can change in that time.

I am happy with the price I got, and delighted at the price discount I received.

Ok, so let me see if I have this right. We want to stay one night in July at a Marriott hotel. The price on Trivago is $165. The price on Marriott's website is $195. I book on Marriott's site at $195 and then fill out a claim form and they will give me what rate? The $165 rate less 25% of that $165? That would be $124! Am I figuring this correctly?

Ok, so let me see if I have this right. We want to stay one night in July at a Marriott hotel. The price on Trivago is $165. The price on Marriott's website is $195. I book on Marriott's site at $195 and then fill out a claim form and they will give me what rate? The $165 rate less 25% of that $165? That would be $124! Am I figuring this correctly?

That is exactly what I (and others) have done. The best part is if they, for some unknown reason, refuse to honour the 25% you are not out any money (you don't pay Marriott in advance) and you can book at the lower price on-line.

Please tell us what happens and if you get the deal!

Well, I made a claim this morning and was denied..

I currently have rooms booked at the $179 rate. I looked at Trivago this morning and they have them for $155. So I submitted the form.

I just received back an email that said they have no way of confirming those rates were available when I booked my room (a couple weeks ago), so they are denying my claim.

No loss here but I skeptical why others got cconfirmation through Trivago and I didn't??

Well, I made a claim this morning and was denied..

I currently have rooms booked at the $179 rate. I looked at Trivago this morning and they have them for $155. So I submitted the form.

I just received back an email that said they have no way of confirming those rates were available when I booked my room (a couple weeks ago), so they are denying my claim.

No loss here but I skeptical why others got cconfirmation through Trivago and I didn't??

Sounds like they held you to the 24-hour time frame. Boo!

I was going to reserve my room after I posted here and then submit the form for Trivago's cheaper rate, but by the time I got back to do it Trivago's rate had gone up to match Marriott's. Boo again!

ETA: How do you provide proof of the lower rate offered by another site? Do a screenshot? If I'd taken a screenshot of the better rate, could I have used it even if it had gone up by the time Marriott received it?

They don't honor screen shots...you have to send them the link and it has to still be that price when they check it and they have 24 hours to check it....we tried to do it and by the time they checked it the rate was conveniently the same as marriotts

Ok, I am getting very frustrated with Trivago. I check the site, and the price for the Marriott we're going to in August is $165 through Expedia. I click on it and it's good. I go back to Trivago's main site and the rate is now $195, the same as Marriott's. This happens every time!! I can't expect Marriott to honor a rate that disappears every time you go back to the main page. It's not just that hotel, either, but all of them. What gives?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter