Married with children doing DCP?

Amandas4

A little Obsessed
Do older people with families do the college program or is it all younger people?

Do older people with families do the college program or is it all younger people?

Yeah two of my good friends on the program were in their 30's and they had kids. One was married.

It is mostly college age people, 18-24, but you do find older people on the program. I met a CP that was in her 60s while i was there

I met a CP who was in her 30s on her program. She liked it so much, she ended up staying with Disney after.

I am 47, have one (grown but still lives at home) kid and am planning to apply for Spring of 15. I know I might be crazy, but I'm excited about giving it a shot!

To Amandas4: I am sure that you have researched all about the program and probably already know this, but I wanted you to be aware that they will not provide housing for your family. If you want housing for yourself, you will be sharing a bedroom and bathroom with one or two other people no matter what size apartment you live in. My daughter has completed the program and I would say that the schedule would not be very conducive to motherhood, especially since you have 4 children, but I am sure that anything is possible with a very good support system in place during your absence. Good luck!

To Amandas4: I am sure that you have researched all about the program and probably already know this, but I wanted you to be aware that they will not provide housing for your family. If you want housing for yourself, you will be sharing a bedroom and bathroom with one or two other people no matter what size apartment you live in. My daughter has completed the program and I would say that the schedule would not be very conducive to motherhood, especially since you have 4 children, but I am sure that anything is possible with a very good support system in place during your absence. Good luck!

Amandas4: Don't listen to naysayers!!

"If you can dream it, you can do it!" - Walt Disney

Gee, I'm sorry that I came across as a naysayer. That was not my intention. I have read other posts by this person and felt that the housing situation would be important to her. Other people, in the past, were not aware that they would have to live offsite if they were married and I wanted her to know this up front. I made sure to say that anything was possible with a very good support system in place in her absence and I wished her good luck. I meant that in a sincere way, not a snarky, way.

Accept my apology if my post sounded anything but informative.

Amandas4: Don't listen to naysayers!!

"If you can dream it, you can do it!" - Walt Disney
If I were the OP, I'd rather have a "naysayer" come along and point out some of the possible problems for me to weigh than to have someone just blow pixie dust up my butt.

Obviously I wouldn't be staying in the apartments that Disney provides. I'm not 19 and really have no desire to live like that again. We would be moving to Florida as a family. My husband will be finishing his coursework for his Ph.d around the same time I will be graduating. He needs time to write his dissertation and will continue to teach online college courses.
I have followed him all over the dang country for his work and school, I think it's my turn.

Obviously I wouldn't be staying in the apartments that Disney provides. I'm not 19 and really have no desire to live like that again. We would be moving to Florida as a family. My husband will be finishing his coursework for his Ph.d around the same time I will be graduating. He needs time to write his dissertation and will continue to teach online college courses.
I have followed him all over the dang country for his work and school, I think it's my turn.

Hi! While my husband and I (both late 20s) don't have human kids - we both have fur babies lol! And we will be moving to Florida with them to both do the DCP. We are both full time students, he is a former Marine and I am an assistant manager at a coffee shop. The last I knew they did provide married housing if both were doing the DCP - but not married with kids or fur kids, haha! Good luck to you!! :goodvibes PS - the campus rep for my school was 64 and she did 2 DCPs! Love it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter