Married, no kids right NOW thread!

I am excited to see this thread! We are childless now but want them soon. My DH is 33:cool2: and I am 29:flower3:. We live in MA about 20 min from Boston. We have one kitty named Baylor. In 2008 my DH gave me a trip to Disney for our 3rd anniversary, it was truly a gift of sacrifice. He did not want to go and other then the restaurants was not looking forward to it, On the first night he had to eat crow cause he loved it. He said it was the only place he had been where everything just works. We had an amazing relaxing trip and are going back for my 30th for 2 whole weeks!!!

Zephyrhawk- have you ever driven through IL?:lmao: It has my vote for the longest most boring state- with the fewest gas stations ever. Every time I drive through Il I feel like I am aging.

UGH I take OFFENSE to that quote about IL being the most boring state!:laughing: Although, I maybe agree a little but Indiana wins in my book! :rotfl2:

Wow there are so many from MA here!! You all should go to the MA dismeet thread!! :flower3:

So glad to see so many ppl here!!

I wanted to add in some tips for bringing DH for the first time...be sure to bring what he likes from home to Disney - such as boating, fishing, drinking :-)rotfl:) , etc. my Dh loves to eat & drink, and so I try to plan lots of time in the World Showcase. He also loves the water, so I plan renting those little mickey mouse boats (mouse raycers?), and this trip I'm planning the EPCOT Seas Aqua Tour specifically with him in mind. That way, I can still keep my commando mode that I love (nope, don't like to relax at ALL :confused3) and DH does...

He always has a great time. Our first trip together we had NO ADR's :lmao: and we went for my birthday. Had an awesome time, no issues at all, so I've been able to "drag" him back every 3 years. I'm hoping a DVC purchase is coming soon (I think that'll be easier to push once we DO have a baby!)

So how about everyone's furbabies???

We have 2 dogs and 2 cats - a chihuahua/terrier mix named Oliver, a golden/lab mix named Annie, a grey tabby named Max, and a ragdoll named Jake. We adopted all of them - Oliver from a hateful home where he'd never even been OUTSIDE before :mad:, Annie from a Golden rescue in Louisiana (she flew up to Boston!), Max from a home in Baltimore, and Jake from our local shelter after our other kitty, Leo, disappeared (we believe he was stolen...:sad2:)

I wanted to add in some tips for bringing DH for the first time...be sure to bring what he likes from home to Disney - such as boating, fishing, drinking :-)rotfl:) , etc. my Dh loves to eat & drink, and so I try to plan lots of time in the World Showcase. He also loves the water, so I plan renting those little mickey mouse boats (mouse raycers?), and this trip I'm planning the EPCOT Seas Aqua Tour specifically with him in mind. That way, I can still keep my commando mode that I love (nope, don't like to relax at ALL :confused3) and DH does...

That's great advice and I am trying to find a way to surprise him with something special like an excursion. DH is also really into fishing and water in general, so I thought about doing a fishing excursion or even the surfing school. Has anyone tried either of these things?

What are the mouse raycers? They sounds interesting!

That's great advice and I am trying to find a way to surprise him with something special like an excursion. DH is also really into fishing and water in general, so I thought about doing a fishing excursion or even the surfing school. Has anyone tried either of these things?

What are the mouse raycers? They sounds interesting!

Well I may have gotten the name wrong (I've always just called them the mickey mouse boats) - they are the little 2 seater boats you can rent at various marinas. We usually rent 2 and then race around (ok, they aren't very fast...kind of like trying to speed w/ a golf cart) but they are fun! It's a must now for us. Add to that - the Surrey's are fun to rent too (we've rented at CBR and at the Boardwalk and we'll be renting them again at the BW this year).

We haven't done the fishing or surfing yet, though both def sound like something we'll try eventually.

We have one DPup, Tweek. He is a seven (almost eight) year old puggle. We love him very much! :hug:

Cute!! Reminds me I should have put the ages for my little guys!! - Annie is 3, Oliver is 4, Max is 4, and Jake is 1.5

Well I may have gotten the name wrong (I've always just called them the mickey mouse boats) - they are the little 2 seater boats you can rent at various marinas. We usually rent 2 and then race around (ok, they aren't very fast...kind of like trying to speed w/ a golf cart) but they are fun! It's a must now for us. Add to that - the Surrey's are fun to rent too (we've rented at CBR and at the Boardwalk and we'll be renting them again at the BW this year).

That does sound like fun! I think DH would enjoy doing something like that...plus, I've never tried renting any of the watercrafts on previous trips so it would be something new for me as well.

Zephyrhawk- have you ever driven through IL?:lmao: It has my vote for the longest most boring state- with the fewest gas stations ever. Every time I drive through Il I feel like I am aging.

Hmmm...yes, but not lengthwise. I've only gone the Gary, IN to Wisconson way, which route you through Chicago and is in no way boring. I can see how visiting Illinois farm country might become annoying. I have been through Indiana top to bottom, and that was pretty bad.

Furbabies- For now DH and I have one little black and white kitty named Meryl. She's currently passed out on DH's lap while he plays video games.

So how about everyone's furbabies???

No pets for us as of yet. We can't have pets where we live but when we do buy a house I would love to get a Great Dane and DH wants and English Bulldog. We're going to paint quite the picture when we take the dogs out for a walk :lmao: [DH is 6'4" 1/2 and I am 5'3"]

No pets for us either. Our apartment doesn't allow them. We are thinking about getting a dog...someday. We are building a new house and I don't want a puppy peeing all over it, lol!

Oh and we LOVE the Sea Raycers!!! The first time DH took one out, he loved it!!

We're joining the group...married 15 years this year. Unfortunately, we were never blessed with children but we do love Disney!

Married, no kids (maybe soon), in our late twenties/thirties.

Hubs is English, visited WDW for the first time with me a couple of years ago, and has developed a love of the place. I lucked out--I married someone who loves WDW more than I do. Now if I could just get him to plan itineraries :D

Oh, I want to join!! Myself (30) princess: and DH (29) :cool2: have only been married for four months but together for years. Kids may come, but our furry child, Wilson, is all we can handle at the moment. A lovely Boston terrier with more love and energy than I think he knows what to do with!

I am a Dis-fanatic and have been as long as I can remember. I talked the DH (then only DBF) into going to WDW for the first time Sept. 2008. I think the dining was the kicker--he fell in love. Although he still doesn't get quite as giddy as myself about it all :yay: I was hoping to get him to go this winter, but doesn't look like it's happening. Hopefully we will go Dec. 2011 to celebrate my college graduation. Til then...I'll always have the boards... :surfweb:

Hi to all the newbies :wave2:

Just wanted to say that I'm really excited...we're going to Italy on Thursday for 3 weeks!! :lovestruc AND I got to make all my ADR's for our Oct. trip over the weekend - what an awesome week!!

just wanted to say hi to everyone! :wave2:

my Disney family includes me, DH, our 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 lizard, and a beta fish. i am a long time disney lover who introduced the awesomeness to my DH. we plan on having kids in a couple years but right now we are having a ton of fun without! :goodvibes

:wave: It's nice to meet everyone!

Imagineer, That's wonderful news about your trip to Italy and of course your ADRs!! How exciting!

thanks ramatae!! Now, I'm just trying to get through the next couple of days at work :scared1: before I can finally start the vacation. It's so surreal it's almost here.

But, I keep turning my attention to my ADRs and trying to change everything around :cutie: oh well, at least it gives me something to do.

Ahh, a thread for DW (30) and me(34). We both love Disney and have been 3 times in our 4 year marriage so far. We recently lost our twins to premature births which is devastating to say the least. We will be at the world early next month as a break from reality and to enjoy eachother. We will probably be trying again later this year, but for now the thought is scary has hell -can I say that on the DIS? :)

Ahh, a thread for DW (30) and me(34). We both love Disney and have been 3 times in our 4 year marriage so far. We recently lost our twins to premature births which is devastating to say the least. We will be at the world early next month as a break from reality and to enjoy eachother. We will probably be trying again later this year, but for now the thought is scary has hell -can I say that on the DIS? :)

Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear about your loss. :hug:

Welcome to the thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter