Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

I cannot remember if I have posted on your thread, I mostly lurk and love your TR so far. I just finished playing catch up because I haven't been on much in the last month to two months.

I want to stay at BC/YC just to use SAB, maybe some day. I would really love to buy into DVC so I can experience different resorts.

That horse at DHS is absolutely adorable.

Not gonna lie, super happy the Hat is going away. I hadn't heard that rumor yet and it does soften the blow of them taking away the Tronorail :(

Isn't the veggie pizza at Pizza Planet good? I've heard some fairly negative things about Pizza Planet in the past and I'm glad you guys like it. Pizza Planet is one of the places Matt wants to work in the fall. I think he's crazy because that place is always chaos but secretly I think he just wants to be close to the video games ;)

The cowboy shot is just too cute! Love it!
I agree with you about the upstairs seating at Pizza Planet. We don't eat downstairs with my nephews because they just want to play!

What a cute little cowboy! :goodvibes

I hadn't heard that about the hat, wonder if they are going to replace it with something or just open the area back up.

Maybe I am cracking up, but I swear that horse has been there before; you can just not see it because it is always crowded around there. :confused3:confused3:confused3 But you sure do have one handsome cowboy.

I'm not a big fan of the hat. I wonder what, if anything, they will replace it with.

You are so disciplined!! I've run twice in the morning...:upsidedow I always mean to, but it never happens! I need to get caught up on your PTR and see how the progress is coming along!

PTR ?:confused3 I have a PTR ?:confused3 :lmao::lmao::lmao:

The early running really isn't about discipline as much as it is convinience. DH works long hours and Jack is active in several sports. The early mornings is really the only time to myself that I have. It's peaceful at that time too !

I'm kind surprised that there are rumors going around that they might replaced the hat. It's kinda of an Icon for DHS isn't it?

I agree with Kathy. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that horse before...just not with a cute Henry riding it. ;)

We have never been to Pizza Planet but I have always wanted to stop in. I just don't think I could easily get Jack out with all of those game.

Love the cowboy pics of Henry!! :thumbsup2

I didn't know about the hat going - I hope something good replaces it if it does end up going and that they wait until after September so I can at least see it once! ;)

Pizza Planet sure looks like a fun CS location - will have to check it out on our trip.

I'm luvin Henry's cowboy pics!
I really don't think they should take down the hat it's so big and cool and I love the sparkly stars under it.. bad disney leave the hat alone! (unless they're going to put something even better there?! :goodvibes

Remember how you responded to my tweet about frozen cokes in May? You said it was by "Bo." I showed the tweet to my Mom to tell her during the show we were watching and she was all confused because she had no idea who Bo was :rotfl: So I pointed him out to her and pointed to his name tag "see, 'Bo.'"

That horse is such a cute photo opportunity! Henry makes an adorable cowboy!

I didn't know the hat was going away! That's pretty exciting, I'd love for Grauman's to be more visible again! :thumbsup2

Oh Henry is an adorable cowboy!!! That photo is so precious!

We like Pizza Planet too! It is such a fun little place!

What a neat idea with the horse! It's the little things that you normally don't think of that make moments like this so special!

I've never eaten at Pizza Planet before (DH is kind of a pizza snob.:snooty:) but I'd love to head in there to see the atmosphere. Madelyn loves pizza, so we'll have to maybe give it a try!

WHAT??:scared1::scared1: How can they be getting rid of the signature icon in this park??? I don't get it. What would it be without coming in down Hollywood Blvd. and not seeing it.:sad2: I hope this isn't true....

It really is those special little things that make magical moments! Henry was thrilled with the horse ride, and even recalled it when I showed him the pictures today. :goodvibes

Joe is a pizza snob as well - but surprisingly he likes Disney pizza! He really liked Via Napoli - but will eat any of the pizza on property. You could always just go in for some air conditioning and Mickey Head rice krispy treats too - they have them for dessert!

The hat was added about 10 years ago, during one of their campaigns, and never meant to stay forever - the original "icon" for the park was the Chinese theater, located directly behind the hat, where the Great Movie Ride is. It's a beautiful building and is perfectly centered so that is what you'd see down the street. I think the hat is kinda cool, but after seeing some older pictures of the area without the hat, I think the atmosphere is much better for the overall theme of the area without the hat. There is chatter about it moving to the front entrance plaza - which would be a perfect spot I think!

Who knows though really, Disney changes plans all the time!

What a great photo on the little horse! I've never seen that before. I need to explore DHS some time and just take photos of all of the little details, store fronts and windows. We like pizza planet especially with the lack of good CS restaurants in DHS!

I mean to take detail shots every time we are in DHS, and I can't ever seem to quite capture the feel there. I did an okay job on one trip, but I just always feel my pictures are lacking here. :confused3

Cute little cowboy!!!

I love pizza planet. I think their pizza tastes really good for some reason. lol. It is a fun place to eat. My nephews/bf could spend all day in the arcade. Me, not so much. I would rather be riding TSM! ;)

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks Pizza Planet has better pizza than the other CS!

Henry could spend all day in that arcade too. I get bored quickly and start people watching - hence the picture of the woman rocking Guitar Hero! :laughing:

I took pictures of Hunter (and the rest of us) on the pony at Hollywood Studios during our 2010 trip. It was such a cute photo op and Henry looks adorable on the pony.

So he's been there before! I wonder if they just bring it out from time to time then? I really like it, I hope he's there in August!

Ok, that horse photo is the cutest!!! Love it!!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

I didn't know there were tables upstairs. I'll have to check it out.

Yep! It's a tad quieter, lots of seating and kind of a neat view!

I didn't realize the hat was going away. Will it be replaced with something?

I really just love the Streetmosphere too. It's so neat to be immersed into that, while walking down the street. It's a great feeling!

Your pizza looks yummy! :) Henry, the little cowboy, is adorable of course Brook!

No, just the Chinese Theater would be there, which was the original icon for the park, before the hat was added. I saw some older pictures, pre-hat, and it looks really great without it! I don't mind the hat overall, but I know lots of people do NOT like it. We'll see if this rumor comes to fruition...

Love the cowboy picture!

Thank you! It was a fun photo-op!

I cannot remember if I have posted on your thread, I mostly lurk and love your TR so far. I just finished playing catch up because I haven't been on much in the last month to two months.

I want to stay at BC/YC just to use SAB, maybe some day. I would really love to buy into DVC so I can experience different resorts.

That horse at DHS is absolutely adorable.

I cannot remember either...but even if I've said it before, I'll say it again - :welcome: and thank you for reading and posting!

It's a huge perk with DVC to be able to experience so many of the resorts! I hope the rumor of the Grand Floridian DVC is true because to pay OOP there :scared1: :laughing:

I also love the cowboy pictures!

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Not gonna lie, super happy the Hat is going away. I hadn't heard that rumor yet and it does soften the blow of them taking away the Tronorail :(

Isn't the veggie pizza at Pizza Planet good? I've heard some fairly negative things about Pizza Planet in the past and I'm glad you guys like it. Pizza Planet is one of the places Matt wants to work in the fall. I think he's crazy because that place is always chaos but secretly I think he just wants to be close to the video games ;)

You aren't alone with the dislike of the hat! The other message board I lurk on (mainly) has special names for it. :rotfl:We'll see if this rumor becomes reality!

I too will miss the Tronorail. I don't care that the movie is already out and on DVD, it just looked plain COOL. And it's a great flick.

:lmao: about being close to the video games! I can just picture it, after the place is closed, sneaking in a couple games!!!! I don't think I'd want to work there though--I'm with you, it's total chaos usually! Maybe somewhere like Starring Rolls. Air conditioned and quiet. :thumbsup2

The cowboy shot is just too cute! Love it!
I agree with you about the upstairs seating at Pizza Planet. We don't eat downstairs with my nephews because they just want to play!

We sat downstairs once and we had to basically force feed Henry. He kept wanting to get out of his chair. :laughing:

What a cute little cowboy! :goodvibes

I hadn't heard that about the hat, wonder if they are going to replace it with something or just open the area back up.

From what I read, just open the area back up - allow the Chinese Theater to be the icon again. Before it was there, was that whole area still raised a bit like it is now?

Maybe I am cracking up, but I swear that horse has been there before; you can just not see it because it is always crowded around there. :confused3:confused3:confused3 But you sure do have one handsome cowboy.

I'm not a big fan of the hat. I wonder what, if anything, they will replace it with.

You are right Kathy! It has been there before - people previously posted they have seen it. We never had though - so I guess they just bring it out from time to time? :confused3 So don't worry, you aren't going loopy or anything! :laughing: ;)

Rumor says they won't replace it with anything - the theater will become the 'weinie' again. However, I wonder if they will do a fountain or something? It's a fun rumor to track! I haven't heard anything real recently on it though.

PTR ?:confused3 I have a PTR ?:confused3 :lmao::lmao::lmao:

The early running really isn't about discipline as much as it is convinience. DH works long hours and Jack is active in several sports. The early mornings is really the only time to myself that I have. It's peaceful at that time too !

:rotfl2: oh, so I'm not far behind, eh? LOL

But you are still disciplined! The fact that you even get up for it, instead of just taking that time to sleep. :laughing: But, you have a good motivator - DISNEY!!!! I so need a motivator. :rolleyes1

I'm kind surprised that there are rumors going around that they might replaced the hat. It's kinda of an Icon for DHS isn't it?

I agree with Kathy. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that horse before...just not with a cute Henry riding it. ;)

We have never been to Pizza Planet but I have always wanted to stop in. I just don't think I could easily get Jack out with all of those game.

The hat has been the icon for the last 10 or 11 years - but prior to that it was the Chinese Theater. Apparently, the hat was built as part of a campaign/celebration and wasn't meant to last forever....but we'll see! Disney rumors are always around, this one has some legit sources confirming it, but Disney plans are always changing on us!

I hope the horse is back in August! Henry really enjoyed that moment.

We literally have to peel Henry out of Pizza Planet! Only go in if you have time to spare. :laughing:

Love the cowboy pics of Henry!! :thumbsup2

I didn't know about the hat going - I hope something good replaces it if it does end up going and that they wait until after September so I can at least see it once! ;)

Pizza Planet sure looks like a fun CS location - will have to check it out on our trip.

I think it'll be at least a while for the hat - the rumor has been around a LONG time, but lately has some new fire under it with good sources, but they didn't give any sort of timeframe. We'll see what happens!

Pizza Planet is pretty fun! I get a bit bored with the video games after a while, but Joe and Henry could spend hours in there!

I'm from Texas, so believe me when I say that is one good looking little cowboy:goodvibes

:laughing: That's so cute! :cutie: Thank you!

I'm luvin Henry's cowboy pics!
I really don't think they should take down the hat it's so big and cool and I love the sparkly stars under it.. bad disney leave the hat alone! (unless they're going to put something even better there?! :goodvibes

Can you believe I never realized the stars sparkled on the hat until this Feb/March trip! :rotfl2: I don't know why I never noticed, but it was very neat! Rumor says they may just move the hat to the entrance plaza - I think it would work great there!

Remember how you responded to my tweet about frozen cokes in May? You said it was by "Bo." I showed the tweet to my Mom to tell her during the show we were watching and she was all confused because she had no idea who Bo was :rotfl: So I pointed him out to her and pointed to his name tag "see, 'Bo.'"

:rotfl2: Bo is a DIS icon, isn't he?

Lovin your DHS update! I just love DHS:goodvibes
I ate at Pizza Planet on our last trip in June....and it was the WORST wait ever:scared1: I think I waited at least 30 mins in line....it was sweltering HOT in there and everything moved so slow:scared1:
It was good, though, and I hope to actually get to enjoy the experience on another trip. I just wanted to get the food and get out of there---it was THAT crazy!
Cant wait to read more :goodvibes

oh yeah---that picture of Henry on the pony is so cute. I saw it on our last trip, but no photopass photographer was there.

ya i love the feeling but i need my sleep so it is super hard to go to sleep knowing we are leaveing the next day

I agree! That's why we don't do early morning flights. I never sleep well and then am a zombie the next day and can't enjoy it completely.

That horse is such a cute photo opportunity! Henry makes an adorable cowboy!

I didn't know the hat was going away! That's pretty exciting, I'd love for Grauman's to be more visible again! :thumbsup2

Isn't it cute? I guess he's out from time to time, I hope he's back in August, Henry would really enjoy it again!

I saw some pictures online of pre-hat and it does look really nice! It sets the atmosphere better in that whole area too. The rumor says the hat *may* move to the entrance plaza, which would look fantastic too.

Oh Henry is an adorable cowboy!!! That photo is so precious!

We like Pizza Planet too! It is such a fun little place!

Thank you! :goodvibes It really was a fun photo-op!

Pizza Planet is a great place-it's just not so easy to pull the child OUT of it! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter