Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

Spamwiches. Tee hee! And ew at the same time.
Paul? Creepy, but I still say the clown slide sets the standard for creepy. Another reason I can't wait for SAB pix.
Ultimate Touring! So jealous. You're making me reallllllly want to do it. But DH is practically allergic to rushing unnecessarily, esp. on vacation, so ... maybe what I reallllly want is a solo trip. :rotfl: Or at least a solo day.

Ok, Brook.... all of this chatter about Paul the Chair is really cracking me up!! I love it!! I propose that you make a side trip when you are over in Epcot one of these times and you ask for a CM manager or a really creative CM to explain Paul's presence there in the lobby. ;)
The first time we saw him he was with his twin on the other side of the fireplace (I think it was a fireplace!) and our DS, who was 10 at the time didn't see the twins of evil and sat down and then looked up... his eyes grew to twice their size and he bolted straight up and yelled and backed very quickly away from them...:scared1: This was me....:rotfl: I do find them him unnerving in a very creepy sort of way. Who in the world would want to sit in that chair?? I think they should put Paul in ToT... seems like a better place for him. Maybe he could be rigged up to have arms that grab the person crazy enough to sit on him! :laughing:
So excited for you solo/friend trip! What a wonderful time of year to go.

I cannot believe it has a NAME!!!:scared1::scared1: So much scarier to give it a name.....moving on.

I've always wondered about the Hess Station and am glad you were able to document it. You would think Disney would find it beneficial to have something more substantial on property.

:banana::banana: Hooray for your friend being able to go! I think you hit it right on the head, it will be a perfect blend of girls/solo trip. You will have a blast! For research purposes only, of course.......:rolleyes1

That Paul Chair is quite freaky looking. I would like to know its story, too. Maybe the Paul isn't it's name and refers to it's creator. Sort like how the monster Dr. Frankenstein created is called simply Frankenstein, rather than Frankenstein's monster.

Glad to hear your trip plans worked out, so far. Hopefully, a value room will come up with your FD code. It's kind of nice to have some time with a friend and some alone time. :thumbsup2

I am finally all caught up again!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I have to say I LOVE the Paul Chair, I owuld love to have it in my house! :lmao::lmao: SERIOUSLY!!!!:lovestruc

Keep those fabulous pictures coming!!! :goodvibes

that chair is a trip and a half!

I'm all caught up and I have to admit, your sandwich at the Plaza looks so good, I might get one! Very very soon!

The Semi-Solo trip plans sound perfect and I just adore all the winnie the pooh pictures, just adorable. I want to go play with plastic fruit now.

Wow - Paul is creepy!! I think he's much creepier than George! Is Paul wearing a dress? :confused3

Sorry the Hess station didn't live up to your expectations! :sad2:

Can't wait to read your SAB update!! popcorn::

A couple things...
1. Why is Paul wearing a dress? This is a family establishment!! :lmao:

2. Where did his partner Craig go? Seriously!! :rotfl2:

I just posted the question about the chairs on Pete Werner's facebook page! Since just about EVERYTHING at WDW is deliberate and has a backstory, I'm sure he can chase it down. Go Pete!

The Hess station has really good gas prices, so we always buy gas there, but never bought food. Since we usually have our van, we drive up to the Winn Dixie. Its just up Apopka-Vineland Blvd. Not too far a drive from Vacation Club Way, where SSR and OKW are. Before we stayed at SSR in a full kitchen villa for the first time, I went to Winn Dixie's website and signed up for their Shoppers card. That way I wouldn't miss out on the specials. I keep the card in my "Disney" wallet with my DVC membership card etc.

So glad to hear your friend is able to join you!! :cool1: Just like you said, you get a girlie trip and a solo trip combined! :thumbsup2

I hope you're able to use the free dining PIN and get the resorts worked out. I hope something opens up for you! I'm really hoping we get a PIN or general free dining for our November trip - that *would* indeed help the girlie budget! :rotfl:

Paul, is um, strange :confused3 Very odd indeed :scared1:

Heather

I think I've clicked on your TR a few times before but have never had the chance to subscribe and read it. Well... I finally did today and I just wanted to let you know that I am so happy that I did! So far it's going GREAT and I think Henry is crazy adorable. So cutee :) I can't wait for more updates!! :thumbsup2

How did I miss an update???? That is creepy that the creepy clown chair has a name. I wonder if the creepy clown slide has a name?

Hess is good for us because we usually just pick up water, chips and cereal. But if you really want anything like what you are looking for, you have to go out to Crossroads and get it.

Joining in - your trip reports are always so enjoyable!

Love Henry opening the monorail toy - too cute!

And your plans for your solo trip - enjoy! I have done a trip w/ friends and one w/ my mom. Super fun.

easter68.gif

Whew all caught up. I was so far behind. I am so jealous of you and your trip. I would so love to do the Ultimate Touring Plan. I am like you and Jon is like Joe in regards to our attitude of touring at Disney. Hope you all had a great Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter