Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

Great update Brook! Bummer that Henry didn't want his hair cut but things like that just randomly happen sometimes. Next trip maybe? :) I couldn't watch the video, severe motion sickness. lol! It looks like your crew was having a really fun morning.

I have been a fan of your trip reports for a while. Very funny and your little boy is so adorable!

But today I learned a couple of things:

1. I am not alone in loving being a stay-at-home mom but wishing I could have a (small for me) job on the side.

2. iMOVIE!! I had no idea it existed!! I immediately downloaded it and have already made three short films about our Spring Break roadtrip. So much fun!!!!

Congratulations on your new job!!:)

Hmmm... Henry sounds like a VERY typical 3 year old who sometimes has a mind of his own. From haircuts to HAVING to go on the cars is normal and fun to see in a TR!!! Great update!

Love the update Brook! I love the teacups, just dont want to spin:lmao: My dh and I ride in one and let the kids ride in another....we just sit there like old folks:lmao:
..and those Indy Cars....I dread riding them on our next trip in June:scared1: The line is always so stinkin hot and long even in the cool months. I cant even imagine what it will feel like in the June heat:headache: yet Im sure Alexa will want to ride them :)
I loved seeing the video of Henry when he opened the Monorail. He is just precious and what a great gift from a generous Diser:thumbsup2

Hi Brook
I've been reading the DIS boards for a while but have just signed up. I just wanted to say how adorable Henry is ... I've caught up on all your previous reports and he is gorgeous. We've been to the World a number of times but in just over 4 weeks we'll be taking our 11 month old for his first visit to Mickey's House. I'm soooo excited!
Love
Lx

I enjoyed the udpate Brook....

and Congratulations
- on becoming a TA!
- on booking a cruise!

I'd think you could teach a Disney basics course, but I hope you learn some other neat tidbits that you can share with us.

Great updates! The Rapunzel area looks so cute but I've heard it almost always has a 2 hour wait?

I did not even take a look at your TeaCups video. UGH! Just the thought of those things makes me dizzy :crazy2: You're a brave woman! :laughing:

I just thought of something. Did Henry maybe think you were going to leave MK to get a haircut ? Who knows with a 3 year old!

Love the monorail and I did not realize it talked either. :confused3

Love the teacup video. Felt like I was there. We always spin both ways to "unwind" and then I don't come off too dizzy. :laughing:

Brook, congratulations again on the TA position (I think I congratulated you on FB).

Love the updates. Sorry Henry didn't want the hair cut, but children can be so fickle sometimes. I love the photos on the rides and congrats to Henry on his drivers license (enjoy it before he gets a REAL one ;)).

Hey Kelli! So good to see you! Henry is getting tall. I think he's even taller now, it seems like he suddenly outgrew several pairs of his pants last week! :eek:

:welcome: thank you for reading!!!

Oh, wow! Thanks! :goodvibes I just subscribed to your TR and cannot wait to read it - especially after this mornings activity of booking our first cruise! :hyper: I will get over there as soon as I can!

As Henry grows he shows more and more of his Disney education. Tonight we were at the Disney store and he was shouting out names of characters I had no idea he even knew about! :laughing: I'm thinking next trip we might have to do a Mother/Son Food Report!

Weather has never affected me like it has this year. I just am ITCHIN' for Spring! Thankfully tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice so I'll get a small taste of heat and sun.

Thank you for your encouragement! I am pretty sure I have found it now with the TA work...it's been going great!

THANK YOU!!! :hug:

Thank you! And it did! :woohoo:

yep, that is great to hear:cool1:

Ohhhhh a Disney Cruise and your b-day at WDW!!!!! What fun and I am slightly jealous! We share the same b-day so I will think of you while I am working on our b-day and hope you have fun for the both of us!

Enjoyed the update and Henry was cute with the Monorail play set. That was really sweet of Carol to send it to you. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of your day went.

You are going to do TR of the cruise right? :goodvibes

Henry is so sweet and polite!:)

I can't even set foot in the teacups without feeling nauseous!:sick: I watched the video (or attempted to). That lasted about 20 seconds!:laughing: until I decided it may not be a good idea!!

Henry (and his parents) had a blast....that is certain!!!:woohoo:

Thank you! Surprisingly Henry has really always been a polite little man, he picked up on the "please" and "thank you's" at a very young age without much prodding from us. Of course now at age 3 he gets so excited about some things he forgets the thank you's...hence the second video! :laughing:

The teacups certainly aren't for everyone, that is for SURE. I've been able to handle them alright...but they are quickly becoming one of Henry's favorites. I fear the years when he wants to ride back to back to back!

I love the video of Henry with the monorail, he's just soooo excited!

I heard the "Welcome Song" on DIS radio, and I'm super exicted for the 4 parks 1 world CD so I can listen to it some more!

I really want to meet these two-I'm hoping that the area is open during the Halloween Party, or that the line will be relatively short in the few hours beforehand.

I feel the same way-part of me is sad about the new stuff, and part of me is kind of excited.

Amazingly enough, this video didn't make me too sick! I will never actually ride the cups though...

Your CD should be arriving soon!!! Did you get my PM on FB? It's a great song, so much fun!

That's a great idea about trying for the meet & greet during MNSSHP. I hope they have it open!

Just found your TR. Have only read the first installment but will read the rest later. Gotta go feed the kids. But I have to ask who was more excited about going to see Mickey in the video, Henry or Joe? Joe sounded positively giddy.

:welcome: Thank you for reading!!! :rotfl: about Joe! It's true! Joe and I were just as excited about going as Henry!!!!! Perhaps even more so! LOL

I guess you never know what will happen in between now and October but it was always pretty busy over there! I'll talk more about it in my TR but if you want to meet them plan on getting there early and waiting a while...they only take 75 people per session and there's only maybe 7 sessions a day, with the last one at 5:15 or so. It's not continuous like a lot of the other characters. But maybe they will be out for the party which would be cool.

Wow! I'm surprised they don't try to fit in more sessions considering the popularity. But, then again, it makes it kind of a unique/special thing this way too. I can only imagine how long it took you guys...

Great update Brook! Bummer that Henry didn't want his hair cut but things like that just randomly happen sometimes. Next trip maybe? :) I couldn't watch the video, severe motion sickness. lol! It looks like your crew was having a really fun morning.

I will try for next trip on the hair cut! I really like the Main Street Barber Shop and it's a total bargain compared to kids cuts here in NYC. :scared1: :rotfl2:

Great update, that video sure is dizzying. Congratulations on being a TA, you'll have fun! :)

Isn't it? Joe had us FLYING in that little green cup!

Thank you on the congrats! So far it's been a lot of fun and really interesting!

I have been a fan of your trip reports for a while. Very funny and your little boy is so adorable!

But today I learned a couple of things:

1. I am not alone in loving being a stay-at-home mom but wishing I could have a (small for me) job on the side.

2. iMOVIE!! I had no idea it existed!! I immediately downloaded it and have already made three short films about our Spring Break roadtrip. So much fun!!!!

Congratulations on your new job!!:)

:welcome: Thank you for reading!!!

I'll let Joe know how he helped you out with iMovie! It's a pretty slick little deal, isn't it? He made that video in a matter of minutes. I really need to check it out sometime...I just haven't yet!

Hmmm... Henry sounds like a VERY typical 3 year old who sometimes has a mind of his own. From haircuts to HAVING to go on the cars is normal and fun to see in a TR!!! Great update!

Gotta love the 3 year old. His latest thing is when I ask him something he IMMEDIATELY says "No!" even though I know it's something he'll like. So I say, "Okay" and start to move on, and he flips his answer to "Yes! Yes!" :rolleyes: We've had a couple "lessons" on let your yes be yes and your no be no lately. That's a tough lesson to small down for a 3 year old to get! But, I'll keep trying!

Love the update Brook! I love the teacups, just dont want to spin:lmao: My dh and I ride in one and let the kids ride in another....we just sit there like old folks:lmao:
..and those Indy Cars....I dread riding them on our next trip in June:scared1: The line is always so stinkin hot and long even in the cool months. I cant even imagine what it will feel like in the June heat:headache: yet Im sure Alexa will want to ride them :)
I loved seeing the video of Henry when he opened the Monorail. He is just precious and what a great gift from a generous Diser:thumbsup2

That's a GREAT idea about letting the kids be in their own! It might come to that for me. Joe and H can spin away and I'll just sit back and relax. :laughing:

That line is always long. One time we caught it at 10 minutes because it was our second ride of the day after RD. So that's my recommendation! High-tail it over there ASAP!

Hi Brook
I've been reading the DIS boards for a while but have just signed up. I just wanted to say how adorable Henry is ... I've caught up on all your previous reports and he is gorgeous. We've been to the World a number of times but in just over 4 weeks we'll be taking our 11 month old for his first visit to Mickey's House. I'm soooo excited!
Love
Lx

So many new readers! Yay! Thank you for reading!!! You are going to have a GREAT time with your little man! Experiencing Disney through your child is incredible. Seriously, its so different and so magical. Enjoy the little things and the small moments. Watch his eyes light up in wonder! :lovestruc

I enjoyed the udpate Brook....

and Congratulations
- on becoming a TA!
- on booking a cruise!

I'd think you could teach a Disney basics course, but I hope you learn some other neat tidbits that you can share with us.

Thank you Glenn!

I gotta say, the WDW course in the College didn't have too much new stuff for me, except when it covered some info about the Sports complex. But, I DID learn a lot about Disneyland, DCL and Adventures by Disney. All of which I suddenly feel a desperate need to book ASAP. :laughing:

Great updates! The Rapunzel area looks so cute but I've heard it almost always has a 2 hour wait?

I did not even take a look at your TeaCups video. UGH! Just the thought of those things makes me dizzy :crazy2: You're a brave woman! :laughing:

I would NOT doubt that 2 hour wait for Rapunzel! The line was always up around almost into the smoking area by the Castle when we walked past. It's wildly popular.

:rotfl: You played it smart! The video is intense. But, I do enjoy the teacups...generally! This time it was a bit much though!

I just thought of something. Did Henry maybe think you were going to leave MK to get a haircut ? Who knows with a 3 year old!

Love the monorail and I did not realize it talked either. :confused3

Love the teacup video. Felt like I was there. We always spin both ways to "unwind" and then I don't come off too dizzy. :laughing:

Oh-hmmm! I never thought about that. I don't think he would have thought that because we took him inside after his first initial "No" to show him the shop, hoping that would help...but he was still pretty insistent. Through the entire trip he had "moments" though. I think it's just all about being 3.

Oh my word! The stopping and spinning the other way made it WORSE for me. Uuuuuuughhhhhh! :rotfl2:

Brook, congratulations again on the TA position (I think I congratulated you on FB).

Love the updates. Sorry Henry didn't want the hair cut, but children can be so fickle sometimes. I love the photos on the rides and congrats to Henry on his drivers license (enjoy it before he gets a REAL one ;)).

Thank you Kathy! :goodvibes It's true - Henry had quite a few "fickle" moments and we just let them slide instead of letting them get to us (at least we tried)

I can't even imagine him driving at this point! Sometimes I try to imagine him with hands bigger than mine and a beard. :lmao:

yep, that is great to hear:cool1:

:yay:

Ohhhhh a Disney Cruise and your b-day at WDW!!!!! What fun and I am slightly jealous! We share the same b-day so I will think of you while I am working on our b-day and hope you have fun for the both of us!

Enjoyed the update and Henry was cute with the Monorail play set. That was really sweet of Carol to send it to you. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of your day went.

You are going to do TR of the cruise right? :goodvibes

I will think of you! I can't believe that I get to spend my birthday at WDW. :banana: And I really cannot think of a better way to spend it!

It was incredibly sweet of her to send us the monorail - we are SO thankful!!!

And you betcha! There will be a cruise PTR and TR!!

That video of Henry opening the monorail is so cute. I did not realize it had audio either. Very cute.

I love your Photopass pics:thumbsup2. They came out great.

Woo Hoo for a cruise:banana:. That is great.

Looks like you had a great morning at MK. I did watch the video of the Teacups but I won't be riding it for real.:sick:

Great updates!! :thumbsup2 I loved the video of Henry opening the monorail. His little voice is adorable.

Looks like you had a fun morning at MK. Can't wait to hear more. :goodvibes

Gotta love the 3 year old. His latest thing is when I ask him something he IMMEDIATELY says "No!" even though I know it's something he'll like. So I say, "Okay" and start to move on, and he flips his answer to "Yes! Yes!" :rolleyes: We've had a couple "lessons" on let your yes be yes and your no be no lately. That's a tough lesson to small down for a 3 year old to get! But, I'll keep trying!

Mine would do that too so we would slip in a "Do you want candy?" or something we knew they would want when they would "NO" us to death just to trip them up to listen. :)

Oh-hmmm! I never thought about that. I don't think he would have thought that because we took him inside after his first initial "No" to show him the shop, hoping that would help...but he was still pretty insistent. Through the entire trip he had "moments" though. I think it's just all about being 3.

Oh my word! The stopping and spinning the other way made it WORSE for me. Uuuuuuughhhhhh! :rotfl2:

I think he was just being 3. ::yes::

That video of Henry is too precious. I love the way he was shaking. So refreshing to see an appreciative child. Too often I see children just open gifts and act as if they are expected and never say thank you. Your doing an amazing job with him! :thumbsup2

Wow. I am like 14 pages behind. Just doing the skim thing to catch up. I love Henry taking a food picture. That is so cool and cute.

I notice there isn't a ticker in your signature...:rolleyes1

Ok, now I have about 10 more pages to read

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter