Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

Thank you for filling me in, I think I'm the last person on earth without a FB account :lmao:

Me too!:laughing: I'm not on facebook either so I was wondering why everyone was congratulating Brook!:laughing:

Brook:hug:!!! What fabulous news!!! Girl, you better get your hiney over here to the disboards and fill us in on the details. I'm so happy for you, I knew something would work out. You just have to trust God that His timing is better than yours, right? Congratulations!:thumbsup2

Enjoying your TR so far! I was one of those runners out there on your first day. Probably running at about the time you were passing too!

Brook, First of all, congrats on the TA job! I'm insanely jealous and kind of mad about it! Haha, but in a good way! You know what I mean...I guess that's jealousy...

Secondly, I'm sure you've heard the news about DCL sailing from NYC in 2012! I'm thinking a NY/NJ DISmeet might be in order for one of these "cruise to nowhere" weekends! :thumbsup2

I think I should send you a friends request too, otherwise I will have no idea what it going on :rotfl:. Congratulations!!

Hi there, just subbing in! Your trip reports are wonderful, I am up to date on you 2011 trip and about half way through your September 2010 trip. Henry is too cute, it's amazing to see how much he has grown in only a few months! Look forward to reading more. Congrats on your TA job!

I think I'm the last person on earth without a FB account :lmao:

No you're not! I don't have one either! ;) Well, technically I do... I used my DIS user name to make an account just so I could follow along on live TR posts, but I don't post anything on it myself and no one knows who I am on FB except my DIS friends! I plan to keep it that way too! I can't keep up with the DIS AND Facebook! :scared1:

I so agree with this. I have been lucky enough to be a SAHM for the past 5 years and hope to continue with only a part time job come fall. But I have had people mainly my inlaws, which makes it harder, tell me that I need to be out working. And I'm so glad that my DH and I have stuck to our guns and have worked out a way for me to stay at home. It seems like yesterday that my DS was a baby and now he will be starting kindergarten this fall. I don't think I will ever regret the time I have spent with him and I don't feel like I have wasted my talents. The talents are still there and I'll use them later in life.

My in-laws are not supportive of our decision either. Other than my parents and my brother-in-law, basically no one in our families is very supportive of me staying at home. They all think that the only thing that matters in life is making all the money you possibly can. So don't think you are alone! I'm sure there are lots of SAHMs who get the same flack that we do. Just keep pressing on! :hug:

Omigoodnessomigoodnessomigoodness! :banana: Soooo excited for you, getting the DTA job! Congratulations! :cheer2: You must be over the moon about it. Does the timing suit you? I thought you were hoping to have your start of work coincide with Henry's start of school? I'm guessing there will be at least training and orientation starting sooner than September. Travel, too, maybe? Details, please!

Awesome news!!! I am applying as well, it's my dream job. I'll start out doing it on the side & see how it goes. Congrats!!

Congrats Brook! I'm so happy for you! Thank you for the kind words about my pregnancy photos...think I will be posting another one this weekend. The belly is growing!

Looking forward to reading your next update!

Great to read some good news, Brook- you''ll be a great TA!!

Hi Brook, I've been a fan of your TR's forever, so glad I've found this one! I def. think you'd make a great disney travel agent, go for it girl!! Oh and congrats to Henry on the potty training progress, not having to buy diapers/pull-ups is great!

I sooooo understand what you're going through especially when winter seems to linger, I call them blah days, a month ago....almost every day was a blah day, it was terrible and I was pricing trips...anywhere, just out of here! We were planning on going to wdw in dec. but plans fell through so it's been postponed til next year, that is definitely NOT helping my blahs.

My sis asked me the other day "hey, have you ever experienced deja vu?" I'm sure she was expecting a quick simple answer but what came out was..... "dude, really? I'm a stay at home mom to a 3 year old, every single day of my life is almost exactly the same. Breakfast, mickey mouse clubhouse, get dressed & brush teeth, make beds, story time, workbook time, art/painting/play doh time, laundry, cleaning, lunch, coloring time, dolly time, dinner & dishes, gym, shower, pajamas, story time, bed. Lather, rinse, repeat!!" I don't know where that whole vent even came from but it felt good to get it out.

It's been so cold and rainy here and most days really are SO similar to the day before that I lose track of what day it actually is. We do try to mix it up and we do have a few errands/outings like library runs, shopping and DD's dance class but from October to April I just wish I was at Disney world every second of every day lol It's really hard to mix it up when you can't get in any outdoor fresh air time without freezing your butt off and if it's rainy/snowy who wants to go out there anyways? lol sorry to ramble, I just want you to know that you're not alone!!

I saw on FB too. Congrats Brook! :) Will you be working out of your apartment? How did you find the job?

No you're not! I don't have one either! ;) Well, technically I do... I used my DIS user name to make an account just so I could follow along on live TR posts, but I don't post anything on it myself and no one knows who I am on FB except my DIS friends! I plan to keep it that way too! I can't keep up with the DIS AND Facebook! :scared1:

That's my big thing, I already spend waaaaay too much time on the computer keeping up on the DISboards, do I really want to add FB to the mix?!

I can so relate to unsupportive in-laws as well. They have never said anything directly to me about me staying home, but I can tell that they feel like their son works awfully hard and I don't do anything :headache: Everytime DH is on the phone with them I hear him listing all of the volunteer stuff I've done that week, like my being home needs to be justified. :sad2:

Wow may I say Henry is absolutley precious! I love the videos! Made me a little sad b/c my babies are almost 18 &15! Cant wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter