Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Epcot evening! And I agree about waiting for the post-fireworks crowds to leave, I don't mind soaking in some more of that Epcot ambiance! :goodvibes

It sounds like you had a great night. Congrats on potty training. Lexi has finally been able to stay dry at night for the past month or so. I am so glad to not have to spend money on that stuff any more.

yay for potty training! Eric had to be naked for 2 full days for it to work but it did the trick!

TT is a perfect first ride if you ask me :goodvibes

Where did you get an appointment for a haircut???? I thought MSB was walk up only???

Great job on having the potty training behind you...lol
That is my LEAST favorite job as a parent...and I am happy to say that I accomplished that dirty task 4 times:lmao:

Looks like a great beginning to your trip! I am still holding out hope that Alexa will have a growth spurt in the next two months and be able to ride some of the bigger rides. I am afraid she will react like Henry on the outside lap of TT if she is able to ride.....although I dont think she will make 40inches:sad2:
Thats so sweet Henry enjoys the bath since you guys dont have one. We have one, and Alexa loves it too....but I find it so much easier to throw her in the shower with me. I think I am depriving her and we HAVE a bathtub!

Cant wait for morepopcorn::

Loving the TR. You are one popular lady. Page 17?! Your food pictures always make me want to blow my diet but I have learned to chew gum while I am on the Dis. It helps me from walking over to the fridge !
Thanks for the baby care pics. We have still never made it into one. Maybe this trip. I was so sure I would get Brady to potty train before the trip but he is stubborn too. He will go once, get lavished in praise nad then nada. It doesn't help having a younger brother in diapers following you everywhere.
Anyway, yay for Henry!

Go Henry and can I get a big WOO-HOO :banana: for mama! Having no diapers to change rocks the party. I told you when they are ready, they are ready and it's amazing how they just wake up one morning and get it. I will have my first diaper free trip next time and i can't wait.

Hey BE!

I heard tell there might be some cabbage talk going down on this here TR so I hurried over post haste.

I missed the end of your last tale so I'll have to go find it.

Henry is getting so big! These days go by so fast!

And I love that you did the trip reveal just as you were getting ready to go.

Hope all is well in NYC land.

I answered your other question over on Liesa's thread. (Missed seeing it the first time around.)

Great photos as always. I especially loved the night shots of the Boardwalk.

Give my best to Joe!

Y'all take care!

:woohoo: on Henry being potty trained - how cool!!!

Love the Epcot pics and the one of Henry showing he is tall enough to ride TT :thumbsup2

Them night time picks look awesome!! Am glad you managed to find a solution to getting the milk for the next day :)

Go Henry!!:cool1::cool1: I'm so happy for you and him Brook! Congrats on the potty training success!

I appreciate you posting the pics of the Baby Care Center. I'll definitely need these in October. I'm glad to know that they are well stocked and have nice CM's. I never even thought about places like this before I had a baby, but now, if I go to a restaurant with my daughter and they don't have a changing table in the bathrooms, I make a mental note of it.:rolleyes:

I hope Henry being scared on TT isn't a re-occuring theme.:confused3

Woohoo for potty training being successful! You will be a free woman now.... well, you'll now know where all of the public restrooms are in NYC! ;)
Ok, say it isn't so..... please tell me they were taking the purple twirling things away to clean them or something. :confused: I love those things! Not sure why... I guess they are just Epcot... and the canopy overhead...:sad1: I will miss all of that.
Your night time shots are great! I love how Henry just knows what to do, he's a true Disney boy! Hummm, a scary outside ride on TT... maybe because it was at night?

I. Hated. Potty. Training. It was far worse than the driving lessons are going, far worse than homeschooling, and most every other aspect of parenting there is. some were better than others, but most went down with a fight. One peed until he was 11 at night. It was a great day in my house when all that was over.

Brook, I love your perspective of writing this from a "he said, she said" POV. Compromises all along the way.

Great chapter! Surprising though that this TT time around (no pun intended) scared him. huh...

Great start to the trip! Hoping Henry's fear on TT was just from being at night. Maybe because you can't fully see the track ahead of you? :confused3:

But CONGRATS ON THE POTTY TRAINING!!! :cheer2::yay::cheer2:
I cannot wait till my niece is fully there. Hoping that day comes soon!:worship:

Yah for the potty training progress, you must be so proud:goodvibes

Your night at epcot sounds awesome, and I love the pics of the Boardwalk at night, it is so gorgeous!

IMO, Epcot is best at night after the masses make their way out...the lights, the fountain, the music :cloud9: How lovely it must be to walk "home"!

Good job Henry on the potty training :thumbsup2 No diaper bag...next, no stroller...can you even imagine!

:yay::yay::yay: Congrats on the potty training... I can't wait to get there myself;)
I just realized that I didn't visit one care center when we were there, and I really wanted to check them out..:lmao: We just took him to the restrooms... I guess I'm so used to it I completely forgot.

I love the picture of Henry making sure he was tall enough to ride TT... too bad he was scared =/ Like pps have said maybe cause it was dark??

So happy to hear that Henry is almost fully potty trained now. Way to go big boy! Your potty training boot camp is much like the one they had at the daycare my children attended and I continued when they came home for the day. I was so happy that the daycare helped with the potty training as I had heard that some daycares didn't give a darn.

When did they start at your daycare? My son just moved into the toddler 2 class where they do the potty training boot camp, they haven't said anything about starting yet but in the daily observation sheet there is a space for them to write about it... I hope I have a similar experience to yours :goodvibes

YAY HENRY for rocking the potty chair :banana:!!

We love the fountain too. I didn't know the purple whirly dob things were gone and the tarp might be going. It is going to look so odd to me.

Great pictures at Test Track, so cute he went to the measuring stick! I wonder if the lap scared him this time because it was dark :confused3? It seems faster at night.

I can't express how much I adore your Boardwalk pictures, so pretty :love:!!

Why do men not understand our need to plan???? It is ingrained in us and they need to just deal with it. Bill is the fly by the seat of his pants kinda guy too, drives me crazy. I am glad you guys compromised.

Congrats to Henry. :cool1: I would love for my DS to stay dry at night, it would safe us some money. But I'm trying not to push that part too much.

I'm so with you and the planning and fortunately my DH just gives into it. But I'm not a minute to minute planner, so that helps.

I can't believe the line for TT that is so awesome.

Yay!!! Congrats on Henry being (almost) potty trained! My niece is going to be 3 in a few months and wants NOTHING to do with the potty! My sister wants her trained by the time they go to WDW in September but who knows!

Love, love, love your first night in Epcot! I almost shed a little tear when you talked about the moment you stopped to soak in the fact that you were finally there and had a whole trip ahead of you! I love that! I so wish I was there right now too!

I am soooooo curious to see what happens on your next ride on Test Track... :rolleyes1

Loving your trip report... I read your last one, then this pre-trip report.
I must admit, I feel a bit like a stalker:love: How lucky you are to have gone on your trips so close together, and then for 2 weeks!!!!!! :yay:
Henry is soooo cute!!!!!! and yay for the potty training!!!!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter