Marriage Proposal Ideas

patched

Earning My Ears
Traveling to Disneyworld January 5-11, and I plan to propose to my girlfriend there at some point.

I could use some ideas on how to make it special, or who I could contact at Disney to arrange something unforgettable.

So far I'm thinking proposing in front of the castle at MK ... followed by dinner in the castle would be pretty nice, but I'm sure it's been done...

Any other ideas? We're pretty big extroverts, so if there was any way I could get up and do it in front of a crowd, perhaps even during a show.. .. I wouldn't know the first thing about arranging something like that..

Any ideas? Feel free to respond here or email or message me.

-Gregg
GreggTrogdor@sbcglobal.net
AIM: GreggTrogdor

well, patched first off i would like to say that you are taking a big step in your life and i know we are all happy for you. i personally think disney world is the best place to get engaged at. i'll tell you how my fiance proposed to me in wdw.

we had dinner at the california grille that night. after dinner, he mentioned he wanted to go to the wedding pavilion. i thought, ok. sure. let's go. the thought crossed my mind about him proposing but i didn't want to give my hopes up.
so, onto the monorail we went to the GF. after going through the massive lobby, we followed all the signs leading us to the pavilion. when we got there, it was all closed off and all. he asked me to read the sign to see if it had a phone number on it. as i read the sign reading names of a lucky couple getting married, i heard the velcro from his pants pocket open up. i shook that off and didn't want to give my hopes up again.
so, we walked along the beach and not a soul was in sight. it was a beautiful summer night. it had to be between 75 to 80 that night. it was very comfortable.
we sat on the beach chairs and watched the parade on the water. after the parade, he stood up to stretch. he stood in front of me and asked me all these questions where my answer was yes; are you having a good time?, did you enjoy dinner?, etc.
after all his questions, he says, "well, i hope the answer to my next question will be yes." he gets on his knee and i lost it. i was hysterical crying and in shock that he was on his knee and proposing to me. all i remember him saying in the beginning was maria i love you. i can not remember anything else before will you marry me?
he then slipped the ring on my finger after he popped the question. the first thing that popped out of my mouth was of course. he got up and kissed me and hugged me. i cried some more.
we left the beach minutes later. i had to use the bathroom so we headed back to the GF. i spent 10 minutes in there to clean my face, use the facilities and finally look at my ring.
when i got out of the bathroom, he was waving his hand at me and asking if i had my autograph book with me. i said no and he pointed to a corner. there before us was the fairy godmother from cinderella!!
the funny thing about that night is that he proposed on friday the 13th under a full moon with a thunder storm heading in our direction!!:crazy:

well, that's how my rob proposed to me. i found it to be very romantic and special to me. it's all something i will, of course, remember as long as i live. i will forever remember that beach as our special beach. so, don't take this the wrong way, that's our beach. don't propose on that beach!! LOL!!
hopefully, you'll plan a very special and romantic proposal. something original and from the heart. that's what counts the most;originality and heart. good luck! princess:

oh tinkerbela - you made me cry! what a sweet proposal!

patched - congrats first of all! I too was proposed to at Disney. Back in Dec 2001 I went down to disney with my boyfriend...we arrived on saturday, checked into the CBR, and went right to the MK. Now.

We went on everything...splash, BTMR, Buzz, he went on Space Mtn a half dozen times (I don't like that ride) and it was starting to get kinda late. The Spectro magic parade was starting up and I noticed he kept dragging me closer to the parade (and the castle) and I was getting irrated (as I'm not a huge parade fan...) So we stopped at Sleepy Hollow, grabbed a coffee, and sat down in the smoking section just beside it and had a smoke. We could still see the parade...but we just weren't out in the crowds.

After we were done smoking, it looked like he leaned down to tie his shoe, but in actuality when I looked over at him he was holding out a ring and said "So you wanna get married?" (yes - just like that...) Through my tears I said yes and put that ring on my swollen finger (it was HOT down there! heheh) Then I realized something, slapped him on the shoulder and said "you went on space mountain 6 times with that in your pocket?"

heheheh

Flashforward to September 2003...all married and enjoying our honeymoon back at Disney.

No matter what you do - how big, small, extravegent, or simple...she is going to remember how you proposed to her and think it's the sweetest way in the world.

But if you want to do it with a crowd - here's an idea. Find her favorite character in the world - and have her go up and get her picture taken with him/her. As you get in front of her with the camera, kneel down and pop the question. :) how cute would that be?

best of luck to you! :) the future :groom:

Gregg ~
If you really want to propose in front of a crowd, what about the Beauty & the Beast show @ MGM? I've seen it done there. Four for a Dollar (the openers) could invite you & your GF up to stage after their set. You can contact them directly by going to their professional website www.return2zero.net.

I got engaged in Disney World on Aug 17, 2003, then got married there Sept 29, 2003.

My opinion is that whatever you do will be totally romantic, after all you're getting engaged at the most magical place in the world.

My memory is horrible but I'll try to sum up our engagement story. We flew down on a Saturday checked into our room at the CBR and were unpacking and planning what we were going to do next, he came over to the bed where I was sitting and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Come to find out that he was so nervous coming through security at the airport and getting down to Disney World with the ring that he couldn't wait any longer. His original plan was to propose at the wishing well right by Cinderella's Castle but he was just to nervous about loosing the ring before then :D

Are you guys going to have a Disney wedding????

Good luck :bounce: :Pinkbounc

FH and I got engaged on 8/4/03. His original plan was to do it during a 'British Invasion performance (my favortie thing in Disney) in England. During the 4:30 set they play When I'm 64, and he had it all worked out that the band would call us up on stage after the song and everything. But the weather didnt co-operate, and their set ended early :( . So went over to magic kingdom, and got on the Many Adventures of Whinnie the Pooh (my second favorite thing) and he asked me during the middle of the ride, even though i tried to shhh him several times! I was so completly shocked I didnt know what to do! Not the most romantic thing, but hey, thats us. And now we are planning our Disney wedding for 6/25/04

Yay, thanks all for the ideas.. I'm really going to have to put my thinking cap on... Too bad I can't borrow a horse and a knight outfit.. or something.. Galloping up in front of the castle would be classic..

We won't be getting married in Disneyworld, not for lack of wanting. We're currently living in San Diego, and all our friends are here.

I'm starting to realize that location is Key.. Although it would be cool to propose at a show.. That's not really something you could visit years later... Unless the show was at the location..

Our favorite ride in the MK has to be the Haunted Mansion.. But where would I do it .. if I chose to.. If I grabbed a cast member, think they would let us get up in the front yard? In front of it? Now that I think about it.. that house isn't as impressive as the house in Disneyland, is it? Hrm..

Any other ideas?

these proposals are all so sweet. i love reading how people got engaged in disney world. patched, you just have to follow your heart as to where you want to propose to your future bride. just listen to it and hear what it has to say.

Another proposal that I've read about here was with the walkway bricks. Since they're not selling anymore of them, what about the Leave A Legacy tiles at EPCOT? Maybe you can pre-order one & pop the question on that. It only takes a few weeks to get the tile up & they send you a proof & the exact location. The website is www.Disney.com/LivingLegacy You can spend a few minutes "guiding" her to the correct spot.

Good luck!

My fiance posted a message very similar to yours, just about the same time last year! We were there in February for business and he wanted to do it then, it ended up not happening because of work commintments and not enough family being able to be there for the big event...he too is a HUGE extrovert and wanted to make a scene! Someone suggested a company called giftsofalifetime.com and they have a service that helps people to plan surprises in Disney. They gave him a ton of great ideas, try it out. He let me read the responses after the fact and I was shocked at all the good things they had planned for him.

We did get engaged here at home in NJ this past May for my 30th. He planned a surprise party for me and proposed in front of 100 of our family and friends! He even surprised them...NO ONE knew! He kept a great secret! He made me sit on this platform that was higher than everyone so "they could see me open my gifts" and towards the end he disappeared, I was thanking everyone and he re-appeared saying he had one last gift. I never saw the box in his hand, it was the tear in his eye that tipped me off! He got down on one knee and proposed while our families and friends went crazy screaming yelling and crying! It was wonderful! We are getting married September 18, 2004 at WDW!

Good luck and keep us posted!

I have a good one for you Patched!!!!!

I too got engaged in Disney. It was in front of Cinderellas Castel while the fire work were going off on July 1 2004. It was supposed to be on July 4th but my DF got nervous carrying the ring around the parks & didn't want to leave it in the room! Well my parents & brother were there also, taking pictures & vidio. My mother was the only one who had no idea what was about to happen! My brother & father were in on it the whole time!

But that's not the Idea!!, Well as our week went on we went shopping in downtown disney and my mom (being as excited as she was, was telling every one that we had just gotten engaged) started telling a cast member about how we got engaged & then the lady started telling us this story:

The Legond is that the original people that lived in the Haunted Mansion was a young married couple that got into a very big argument. The Wife, in a fit of rage through her wedding ring out the window of the mansion and it was never found!

So the lady continued to tell us that she heard from a guy that got engaged in Disney told his girlfriend this story & said to her "lets go see if we could find the ring (cause it's supposed to be hidden in one of the bricks in fornt of the castle. kinda like a hidden Mickey). While they were walking around, looking down at the bricks he
said "I think I found it" & when his girlfriend went over to look he got down on his knee & poped the question!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I of course don't know if that is all true or not but I think it is a GREAT story!!!!

I hope I made sense!
& I hope this helps

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :earseek: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by fugayzee
(cause it's supposed to be hidden in one of the bricks in fornt of the castle. kinda like a hidden Mickey

Just to let you know... the hidden ring is not in one of the bricks in front of the castle, it is in one of the bricks as you are walking away from the Haunted Mansion.
A cast member helped us find it on our last trip there.

Congrats on your future engagement...

OK, for the people who have been popped the question at WDW, or even are getting married there, does anyone have any Disney incriptions on their rings???

Like WDW husband, or WDW Wife?? somthing neat??

I made PS at the garden grill in the land at epcot for lunch. I called and spoke to the manager for that day and asked if he could write the question on a cake and bring it to the table with Mickey & Minnie he said no problem. When we got to the podem that day I checked in and got a Big wink from the girl that sat us. We had 4 other people with us that all new what was to happen. I told my girlfrend that we planed for one friends B-day so when the waiters and manager with Mickey Minnie Chip & Dale came she thought it was his cake. Well they put the plate in front of her and I got Down pulled a small Mickey from behind my back with the rinr around his waist and asked. Well lucky me she said yes and the CM took us to the front of the resturant stoped it from moving and shouted for all in side the land to here what just took place. Then they helt a shootgun wedding with mickey & minnie. This was all on tape thanks to are friends who helped out. Well I wrote Disney A big letter thanking all CM. To think all I asked for was to write on a cake. What ever you dod try to grt some CM to help they go way out of the way to make it great. We had a Disney wedding back home with disney all over even had Mickey & Minnie ice carvings. Well that was 6 years ago and just selebrated our 5th . It was Magical goinig back in 12 day with the 3 kids. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I got engaged in WDW on August 29, 2003 and we are getting married in Disney March 23, 2004. We had looked at rings together so I knew it was coming but didn't know if the ring which was custom made would be ready. We arrived on the 29th and spent the day at MK, I kept waiting for something to happen and nothing did :earseek:
We went back to our room at BW and Rick had asked the concierge to have a bottle of wine delivered to the room (and they didn't charge us) he had ordered beautiful crystal Mickey and Minnie flute glasses and brought them with him. We enjoyed the wine and a soak in the jacuzzi, still no ring.

We had dinner reservations at Shula's that night and thats where he proposed, we were enjoying a nice glass of wine when all of a sudden I saw the ring box :) I can't remember what he said but I said YES!

We are getting married at the BW and planning on staying in the garden suites again. I can't wain, just over 4 months away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter